Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoops and Hurdles and More

I completed my six month nutritionist and psychiatric requirements for the insurance a few months ago. My surgeon however he was requiring that I mandatory loose 50lbs before surgery. I tried and failed. I called the nurse as I received my approval letter and she said nope call us when you loose 50lbs. Sad Face!

I asked around and bunches of people suggested I try to find a new surgeon. Ironically I contacted my insurance coordinator and she said she still had the paperwork indicating I was to have surgery in another city. ( the first location I got with and declined due them wanting me to pay $300.00 up front even though my insurance pays everything 100%).

I saw them on Monday and they got all of my details sent me for my preop work x-rays, blood, and gallbladder scan. I did those yesterday. The administrative lady asked for my approval letter and all of my requirement paperwork completed. I turned everything in Monday she said she would submit it this week and it shouldn't take very long since it was already approved and still pending with them as the hosting surgeon.

I am getting a bit anxious and excited now. The nurse practitioner gave me the preop diet and I'm starting that today she said if I start it early that would be okay it could only help. I am also required to take some class about surgery and after surgery with the doctors office. I asked if they would give me a hypothetical date so I could start arranging stuff with work she said likely I'll see them next week to schedule the surgery date which would then be two weeks from that date normally.

I haven't heard back from the surgeons office yet however my insurance company just called they said my surgery date was August 25th?!?! I said wow is it? the doctors office hasn't called she said well that could be hypothetical placeholder date for insurance purposes but that is what I show was submitted. I wonder if that is the new surgeon? They called to late for me to call the office. They were calling for me to attend a phone class with them in regards to surgery.

I'm amazed at how many things, hurdles, events, informational one has to do to get this done. There sure is enough education to go around. Anyone else have so many things they have to do before they are done? I feel like i'm going to school or working full time just on this issue.

Meanwhile I wonder if August 25th is the date?!?! haha ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches