Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op lapband plication

I am in the waiting zone after having completed all my requirement hoops for my insurance. I just want to get this journey going. Does or did the waiting make anyone else nuts?!?! I have been battling this damn weight for so long that I have this feeling that I need to get a move on you know? I am glad there are so many others out there who are where I am or have been where I am. All the support I can get will be great!

OMG! The waiting was brutal. I started my process last June and knew just what I wanted. But then I missed the mandatory information session which for our little hospital (rural area) is every other month. So I couldn't do that until August. I was finally banded in November. In hindsight, I'm glad for the extra time as I read so many posts, did lots more research on how it all really works, etc. Plus I got a therapist and for a few months we really worked on breaking down my triggers. It was tedious but I'm glad I did that. I felt very ready and aware by the time the surgery came about. I'm so glad I found this site as this is where I got my real info. Love my hospital, surgeon, etc. But it was the veteran Banders who got me through. If there were negative posts I just skipped them. It got to be so I could spot patterns for who was very successful and why. Congratulations on choosing YOU, putting yourself first and seeing to your health.

Amazing you will find a lot of support here! Its an exciting time but also an anxiety ridden time. All of your feelings are normal. Let me tell you that from the point you are at it will be over before you know it! Use this time to get prepared. Buying everything that I needed kept me busy and made me look forward to it all the more.. Just keep telling yourself that its not a dream. Its actually going to happen! All of us on here are so blessed that we had access to have this surgery done. You are on the edge of a new and different life! Good luck to you!

I hope the process moves on pretty fast for you. The insurance coordinator at my lapband office was able to give me an idea how long the approval process averaged and she was correct to the day. It took me 3 days from the time they received the last of my paperwork to approval. It'll all happen. Spend this time teaching yourself to chew, take small bites and putting your fork down between bites.

Maybe there it is easier. Here in the US there is red tape and hoops insurance companies make you jump through before they will consent to pay for partial or all of the procedure. Some insurance companies are easier to go through then others. Also some that are more than 300 or so pounds may find the path easier ( in my opinion) due to their severe need to become healthy. I myself need to lose about 120 pounds. Still a lot but not as much as some people. I am just glad my journey back to my old self and health is underway! What has been some successes you ladies have had?

@@Amazongoddess sadly the approval rate has more to do with the insurance company and how fast they move through the process. The person's weight and co-morbitiy really doesn't have much a factor on how fast the approval comes in.

Stay on top of your insurance company. Call them up and get a status report. Make sure they have everything they require and get an estimated time from them.

The waiting time stinks, but it's a good time to start preparing for your upcoming surgery. Take the time figure out what kind of shake you like the best, try some brands and flavors. Start getting things in order for your surgery, any kind of things you might/need for home. Supplies etc. get your home ready for some R&R as you recover from your surgery. Do things now that you won't be able to do right after surgery like planting or painting or heavy lifting type things. Most of all read up! Alex Brecher has some awesome books out about all the different surgeries and what to expect after surgery. Come back here for support and questions...and fill the time with stuff that keeps you motivated and focused on your journey it really helps make the time fly by.

Best of luck to you!! your going to do great!

Depends on your insurance. Once my paperwork was submitted I got an approval in 5 business days.

I am in the waiting zone after having completed all my requirement hoops for my insurance. I just want to get this journey going. Does or did the waiting make anyone else nuts?!?! I have been battling this damn weight for so long that I have this feeling that I need to get a move on you know? I am glad there are so many others out there who are where I am or have been where I am. All the support I can get will be great!

Oh! I feel you. Once I finished all of my insurance hoops, I had to sweat out a FIVE WEEK wait for my decision and approval letter. I thought I was going to lose my ever loving mind! :lol: I drove my husband insane, fretting, worrying, awfulizing and just generally obsessing. :lol: That day I finally got the call from True Results telling me that I was fully approved and had a surgery date and to start my pre op diet, I literally did a happy dance all over my house. And, when I had that latter from my insurance company in my hand, I KNEW it was real, happening and nothing could stop me. :D

Hang in there. You will hear. And when you do and your surgery is done, all of the hoops and waiting will all feel in the past and worth it. :D

Edited by The Icy One

How interesting, I live in Australia and I had my op literally 7 days after my 1st meeting with the surgeon requesting the procedure.

Oh, sure! Just rub it in! :lol:

I got insurance last august , started the process in September ended it in march then I was told I had to have the insurance a full year . They were suppose to submit my paper work today . So I stated a year ago now I'm still waiting. My co working who started after I did got approved yesterday . I feel hopeful but still waiting. No telling how long it will take . I'm just trying to keep my self busy and not think about it all the time . Good luck I hope it's soon for you .

Somehow you just have to learn to roll with the punches. I got approved and had a surgery date set and then Hurricane Sandy hit and the hospital was flooded. It took three months before they could re-open and I just had to wait till the hospital was up and running. No fun when you expect the procedure to have already taken place.

I've been banded over 18 months at this point and the delay is just a long forgotten memory.

Somehow you just have to learn to roll with the punches. I got approved and had a surgery date set and then Hurricane Sandy hit and the hospital was flooded. It took three months before they could re-open and I just had to wait till the hospital was up and running. No fun when you expect the procedure to have already taken place. I've been banded over 18 months at this point and the delay is just a long forgotten memory.