Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting again.....time to reinvent!

Definitely a veteran in the lap band arena! :) I've had my band for 10 years this October 6th! WOW!!!!! I've done really great and went from 279 lbs to 155 lbs where I stayed for many years. It's an amazing ego boost to look at your old Size 22 pants and realized you are in a Size 8. (yes....was feeling good about myself!)

Two years ago, I went through a horrible divorce and moved halfway across the US. Was under a tremendous amount of stress, worry, you name it....yep that was me! I have gained 45 lbs in the last 2 years. I've decided I will NO LONGER be complacent and am taking control of my life again.

I found a great doctor in my area who has unfilled me, completed an endoscopy, and will be filling my band again this Monday, Aug 4th! I'm committed to staying the course, excerising regularly and taking control of my nutritional needs.

I'm ready for a new, happy and healthy, me! :)

So excited for you! Way to go finding a doc in your new area and starting this new chapter in your life. You will lose that 45 in no time. And better than that you will feel in control of your appetite again. I love it when I have that monster off my back.

Wow, at least you only gained 45. That'll be gone in no time once you start getting your fills.

Good for you and I am glad I read this. Like you I lost 100 pounds, due to stress my band slipped, my hernia returned,and had to have a 4 hr surgery exactly 1 month ago today. I started 4 yrs ago at 246 pounds, went down to about 160. The last 3 months I went up to 194, no Water in belt, I was upset but my doctor said look how long you kept the down and look at this as a new journey well , 1 month after th surgery I am 186 and have a new outlook and I will do it again. They cannot start t fill belt till for 3 more months. But I am okay,,,it is better than 246. Thanks for your encouragement at the right time. We will do it on our new journey!!!

Positive thinking!!!! :) :) :) :)

well done you , I think you did well to not gain a lot more , goodluck to you on your fresh start .

stress Is so hard to get control of , it is my biggest demon , as I always turned to food for comfort when infact It was my enemy , I just did not realise it , I wish you luck and hope Monday is the start of the regained new you x

I'm so proud of u stay focused I'm 4 yrs 19 of this month its so hard I can't seem to get under 200 I'm going start on this day forward and do my best I would like to be your buddy to keep each other motivated sense u r getting a new start.

Congrats on your reignited motivation and perseverance!!!! Good luck on your new journey!

:) This is a great post. I have been banded since 2007 and initially lost about 80 lb., then gradually gained about 30 back the last few years. I started back at the clinic last Dec. and they were great, not making me feel awkward for being absent from the clinic for quite a few years. (My insurance changed and did not cover band clinic). Thank goodness I am back on track with new insurance and all is good. I have to be accountable. I get weighed in every 6 - 8 weeks and find that is the key for me. It's slow, as now I am filled completely with the old band that only holds 5 CC's. I have no more fills left and really only feel about 1/2 the restriction I felt initially. Had upper GI and all looks fine on that end.

I was wondering also if I could get it all removed and start over. Give the band a rest for a while? I have lost about 15 lbs. of the 30 lbs. I gained back by going back to the clinic and keeping a food diary.

I have 15 lbs. left to be where I was before I gained, then I don't know where I will go from there, as I never really reached my goal. I went from a size 3X to X-L, but really want to be in a size 14. I am 60 yo and my aim is not to be a bathing beauty, but comfortable.

I hope we can keep this post going!!! Good luck to you!!

Here's my weekly update! My band was filled to 3 cc's on Monday Aug 4th. I left the doc's office feeling pretty good after keeping down 8 oz of Water before I left. An hour later........MASSIVE MONSTER HICCUPS!!! It was HORRIBLE. (kinda forgot what those were like! I was unable to keep anything down including liquids by that evening. Pain in my stomach was pretty bad that night and I had to sleep elevated. It brought back memories of having the band put in initially 10 yrs ago. ARGHHH!!! I don't think I was prepared for that!

By Wednesday, all resolved it self, I'm keeping my liquids down. Protein shakes are agreeing with me and I was able to move to mushy foods by this past weekend. I have lost quite a bit of Water weight and am a little dehydrated due to the restriction, but now moving in the right direction. (10 lbs gone.....I KNOW this is water weight!) Living in AZ, we drink water like crazy because it's so FREAKING hot!! LOL :)

I have an appointment with the doc in 2 weeks. PB's have been helpful and I am encouraged once again to be moving in the right direction. The added 45 lbs has put a lot of stress on my hips (thanks mom for your bad hips.....appreciate it!) and my knees. I'm looking forward to walking around the block with my fur babies and not be in pain as much!

As for AROSE, my doc stated we can remove the band and replace if the insurance will agree to pay. The newer bands are better than what we have (mine is also a 5 cc band). You have to be off band for 3 months before they will replace it though (at least with my doctor) and he stated he doesn't want to see weight gain during that time. SELF CONTROL!! :) lol

It's all a matter of what you are looking to do. You've already lost 15 lbs. That's such a great start and it seems you are on the right path. Eat right, use small plates, drink fluids after eating! I think you'll find that you will lose those 15 lbs and probably a bit more now that you've found the right doctor. Good luck to you! Let me know how you do!