Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone my name is Shawna I am 3 weeks post-op and I hit a stall. I have some people in my life who pretended to care in the beginning. But now that I have had the surgery there true feelings show. And they are happy I hit a stall one had the nerves to tell me maybe this isn't for you. Tell me how you really feel .

My Gosh!! How people can be horrible!! I'm so sorry for you.

Stick to your plan and llisten to yourself that you will lose weight.

I'm also 3 weeks out and losing slowly as well but I keep moving, eat right and walk a lot (My doctor hasn't cleared me for exercise yet).

We can do this!!

most folks hit a stall early on. i'm only 5 weeks out and also hit a stall in the last 10 days. it's definitely frustrating but there are several of threads on here that talk about the dreaded 3-week stall. reading how many people have or are going through the same thing will make you feel a lot better, believe me. just keep working on your Protein and Water intake, try to avoid carbs (at least that's why my doc recommends) and try to keep moving/burning calories. eventually you'll start losing again. our bodies are just healing and trying to recover from the shock that we just put it through!!!

as for the folks you mentioned, try to ignore their comments and keep your head up. a year from now, they'll be looking at a brand new you and none of their comments will matter in the least. it's all about how YOU feel about yourself! stay strong! :)

Hi FairySleeve thank you for the encouraging words and yes we can do this and we will!

Thank you astraphile your words did wonders for me!

OK, so I had my surgery on 7/18/14. I came home 12 pounds heavier than on surgery date. I was devastated even if in my head I knew it was all the fluids they pumped into me in the hospital. It took me 5 days to get back to surgery weight. I was only four pounds down at my first post op appt on Monday the 28th. I must admit my surgeon could barely contain her disappointment. I just spent ten days on Water and chicken broth and had lost 4 pounds. Today I am down 10 days since surgery 13 days ago. I am happy with my numbers. Unlike many, I don't want big numbers every month. I wants to lose a steady 10-12 per month. When it happens I will be very happy. I know my body and I already know I will be a slow loser and I've made peace with that. I have never lost 10 pounds in 13 days.........ever......so I'm just grateful.

Now for the negative nellies....girl I told NO ONE!!!. I know it's too late for you to choose that option, but now you'll have to get into your own head and work this gift you have given yourself. Put the blinders on and get tunnel vision. I have no one physically to support me through this journey, but I'm almost relieved that I don't have anyone watching.

I wish you the strength to continue on your journey and achieve the very best life for yourself.

Wow finediva I needed to hear that thank you and I wish you much success on your journey!

You are welcomed. Again, stay encouraged Shawna and keep the negative nellies and debbie downers away for you .......if you are able to .

I will and thank you again for the prep talk!

I just hit the stall today hehe It's been slow for a few weeks and then stop! so, now you got company but let's keep moving!!!

I'll have the first post-op with my surgeon next Monday and hope to satisfy him with 20 lbs lost post-op, so far I've already lost 19.58 lbs, man!! so close!!

There is a whole forum on here for you guys...."Don't Sweat the Stall Stuff"

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/1102-dont-sweat-the-stall-stuff-new/

There is a whole forum on here for you guys...."Don't Sweat the Stall Stuff" http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/1102-dont-sweat-the-stall-stuff-new/

Thank you Kindle. ^^