Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just wanted to share my progress. I had RNY on May 19th, so not quite 3 months. I have lost 40 lbs thus far. It seems as if the weight loss has been slower than expected, but I have noticed a difference in how my clothes are fitting. I assumed my clothes would start looking better bc of the weight loss, but now have too much material in the waist area, making me look wider... I won't complain about this :) it gives me an excuse to go shopping. Unfortunately, my hair is changing for the worse. The texture is more straw-like, and it's noticeably falling out. At this point, I am taking Biotin, and looking into alternatives to cover this up while it re grows. Overall, I am very blessed to be able to tolerate almost every food I have tried post op. I still struggle with getting in all my proteins/fluids, but that will come :)

I just wanted to ask-- what are some examples of Vitamin regimens y'all do? I really feel like it must be a mental thing but I Cannot stand taking pills. I tried chewable gummies Vitamins and those were getting to me disgusting to me too..Id love some examples of how people space their meds/vitamins.

Here is a pic of my day of surgery, and of my current status.

Thanks so much :)

post-201227-0-51851700-1406782738_thumb.jpg

Wow, you look amazing!! I had my rny on May 7th and have also lost 40lbs. I take Celebrate Multivitamin for RNY and Iron, Bariatric Advantage 500 Carmel chews. Also bought sublingual Biotin.

Multivitamin & Carmel morning & night

2 hours later in the morning I take Iron chewable & Biotin

Hope this helps! I really really enjoy all these vitamins! They taste really really good!

You look awesome!

I take a multivitamin chewable in the morning along with B Complex, Biotin, D3.

Later in the day, I take the Bariatric Calcium chewables and also have the caramel-like Calcium things from GNC. All the other stuff is from the Vitamin Shop. I was told to not take the calcium with the other Vitamins.

I was told that it is common to lose hair which is why I have been taking Biotin from the beginning. Make sure you are having enough protein--that will help with the hair, too.

I completely understand the hair loss cause mine is really bad. I am 4 months out and I am 53 pounds down. Was 210 and now I am 157. I am also lazy with pills. But my doc said that I have to Iron cause the Hair loss is a sign of anemia.

My blood results did confirm that 2 months back.

In the morning I take multi Vitamin and B12 sublingual. Multi Vitamin I have chewable Centrum and also chewable women's from GNC. Either of them I take depending on my mood.

During the day, I take Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate.

At night I take flax seed oil, Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate, protonix, b12 drops, Fiber gummies, multi vitamin Centrum. I also take gentle Iron 25mg which doesn't make me constipated. I just ordered Biotin so I am going to add that as well. I think I will have to increase my iron.

I also take a weekly Vit D.

The other thing is that I am not a big fan of chewies cause they are just too sweet and it's hard to get it down. And pills are a pain to get it down but I rather choose the pills then the chewies cause sweets I can't handle too much.

My regiment might not be the greatest but some others here in this forum have a great set up. I would love to also see what others take.

Hope this helps!

Thank you all! These responses are very helpful. I have to figure out a system that works for me bc right now I'm being very lax about it, and I know that's not good. I will try the caramel chews. And take these ideas into consideration!! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! ????

I am at a stall but I am loosing inches , I am walking on my pants now and I know that I am not striking in height but inches, everyone says that I a swimming in my clothes but I refuse to buy any new clothes yet, I just tighten up my belt because I have so many clothes, I am thinking about getting then taken in. I am due to see my surgeon at the end of the month to see how my blood work is showing and I am doing I am hoping to be down to 250 or lower by then. I am looking into gym memberships right now. I am glad to see so many people staying focus and doing so well. Congrats to you all. Keep focus and the weight will come off.

What is Biotin?

Biotin is a b Vitamin, b7. I started to take sublingual ones today that I got from Amazon. I was reading about it and they say that there is not a lot of evidence if biotin helps with hair and nails. Either way I am trying out to see if it works for me...