Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really worried about weight.

So I had surgery 6/23. I had great weight loss up until I was allowed semi solid foods. Since that time, I have put on 6 lbs.

Is this normal? I know that I seem to snack a lot through out the day. But it's typically like some cheese or yogurt.

I was just concerned, and wanted to hear some friendly advice.

I can only advise to "WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH"..... there are phone apps like My Fitness Pal that will help... I think you might be surprised at how many calories you are taking in..... I know I was.

A few pounds up and down is pretty normal. I would offer the same advice - track all food. It's the only way to be sure of your exact intake.

If you need a food scale to help keep track of your intake, Aldi has a pretty nice one for about $10. I bought it 2 years ago and use it daily and it still works like a champ!

I agree with what everyone's saying about measuring and tracking your food, but I doubt you're eating enough to gain 6 pounds so quickly.

This is my 5th week post op and about two weeks ago I was stuck hard and I was weighing and tracking EVERYTHING. One day I woke up 3 pounds heavier and I wanted to scream. I was eating literally between 300 and 400 calories a day.

My nutritionist reminded me that my body is healing and changing and may be absorbing Water. If you're drinking your recommended 64 ounces of Water a day that's about a weight of 4 pounds in water. Now, of course you urinate a lot of that out and you sweat some but you could be retaining some water.

Track your food, weigh your food, and under-eat your sleeve whenever you can. It'll work out.

Edited by une nouvelle vie

I agree with tracking ... To a point. For me I tracked every day at the beginning. And if it keeps working for you great. My goal with tracking is to keep myself honest and be confident in my choices.

So if you track and you see that you are where you wanna be and where your NUT wants you ... I would give it some time to get results.

The body's reaction to surgery and weight loss is so crazy. And you can drive yourself crazy analyzing every factor. If you really do experience consistent weight gain then maybe it's time to do detective work. But stalls and fluctuations definitely seem part of the process! Good luck!

FYI I had a five week stall which finally broke on its own. I was assured by my NUT that I was on target so I just kept plugging away and finally got results.