Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for the women

I don't know if this is an inappropriate question or not and maybe a little embarrassing :blush: , but who can I ask if not you sleevers?

Being a heavy woman, there is no denying it that our private below areas have a little "chubbiness" to it. What Im concerned with,is what it will look like after the surgery. Does that skin hang as well? There is no way of tightening that up, correct? Im guessing the only option for that area is plastic surgery? Or can the skin shrink ?

I have not had the surgery yet, but I am just starting the process. and I dont' know why, but this seems to be on my mind. :)

Edited by boosh10

I cannot say what will happen with the next 50 lbs but this 1st 50 lbs has shown me that it does get smaller down there and I have not noticed wrinkling or sagging yet. I hope some one who has lost more can share.

That's a really good question I would love to find out. I have not had my surgery yet, but am expecting to have it done by September.

This may not be the correct answer... but I saw a tv show once about lipsuction... and they were doing the procedure on teenage girls (who did NOT have a weight problem) on their... ummm neither region. So that they would look better in a bikini.... Their, "camel toe" as they were calling it. This I think to be the height of foolish vanity. And approved of and paid for by the parents!!!!! That area does contain a large fat pad and that can shrink and leave loose skin behind like any other area of the body..... I suppose you can have plastic surgery done on any part of your anatomy you like! :D

My tummy has gotten smaller but I wear long shirts to hid it. I'm hoping it continues to get smaller. It's my understanding that it takes about 2 years for your skin to tighten up. My daughter had a Tummy Tuck & it was painful. At my age (70) i'm not sure I want to go thru this. Hopefully I have enough elasticity left in my skin to keep it from dragging the ground. Lol.

When you have a Tummy Tuck done, the surgeon includes lifting the mons pubis (chubby part Lol!) as well. The tummy tuck scar is usually directly above where your pubic hair line begins. Take your time when you research your cosmetic surgeon. The really good ones automatically lift that area without an additional charge. Part of the reason is because the JP drains that are left in place after a tummy tuck are tunneled beneath and through the mons pubis skin so that additional scars aren't left on the abdomen. Chubbier skin, hanging skin is infection prone and surgeons would rather not take the risk, so it's an added benefit that you don't have to pay for.

Btw, I never thought I had a chubby one until I went to get my 3rd plastic surgery consult. The surgeon assessed my loose tummy skin by pulling it down and sideways. Then he tells me "You're a great candidate for this. I can probably remove about 4-5 lbs of skin." Then he proceeds to pull UP my abdominal skin and says, "It'll even make you look better down there." I was thinking Wtf. Down there.....I didn't think anything was wrong with my cookie jar, but apparently I was wrong! Sure enough, there was a noticeable difference after surgery AND made you know what much better.....since my chubby part was gone! Lol! Hope this helps!

When you have a Tummy Tuck done, the surgeon includes lifting the mons pubis (chubby part Lol!) as well. The tummy tuck scar is usually directly above where your pubic hair line begins. Take your time when you research your cosmetic surgeon. The really good ones automatically lift that area without an additional charge. Part of the reason is because the JP drains that are left in place after a tummy tuck are tunneled beneath and through the mons pubis skin so that additional scars aren't left on the abdomen. Chubbier skin, hanging skin is infection prone and surgeons would rather not take the risk, so it's an added benefit that you don't have to pay for.

"cookie jar" LOL! never heard it called that before!

I lost alot.. My mons area never had hanging skin but oh my....the tummy, thighs and arms sure did. It didn't bother my boyfriend but the day he MOVED my belly skin out of"the way" during an intimate moment was the day I decided I needed plastics..Haha. I was mortified. Anyway, due to the massive weight loss I needed a lower body lift which is a Tummy Tuck plus. As stated previously, you are pulled up!

It's a real shame that the mobile app people can't see signature or profile. There is so much to be seen and learned (not just mine bit in general). If you log in from a laptop you can click on profile and many of us have before and afters in there - I found that very motivational during the pre op and losing phases.

I started at 308 and now weigh 140 so over 160# lost. I have lost over 180 from my lifetime high

My friend told me "no one tells you that when you get skinny, you get a skinny vag too!" My reply was "that's a good thing? I'm pretty happy with my current state of things." She assures me it is much better. We'll see. Lol

I don't know if this is an inappropriate question or not and maybe a little embarrassing :blush: , but who can I ask if not you sleevers?

Being a heavy woman, there is no denying it that our private below areas have a little "chubbiness" to it. What Im concerned with,is what it will look like after the surgery. Does that skin hang as well? There is no way of tightening that up, correct? Im guessing the only option for that area is plastic surgery? Or can the skin shrink ?

I have not had the surgery yet, but I am just starting the process. and I dont' know why, but this seems to be on my mind. :)

Lol, I was wondering the exact same thing !!!