Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a mild case of oral thrush. Is your tongue white? I think mine was brought on by a combination of the liquid antibiotic I was on post-op, as well as the dry mouth caused by dehydration in those first few days when I couldn't get all my Water in. I have fought it off with apple cider vinegar rinses 3 times a day and a chewable probiotic containing acidophilus. It never got to the point of being painful or anything, so I didn't bother going to the doctor or dentist about it. Now it's almost completely cleared up.

I was done Sept 3rd as well... Hope everyone is starting to feel better!! :)

I was sleeved on 9/3. I felt great out of surgery, but developed kidney stones about two weeks after surgery. Also, for the past few days, if I even smell food cooking I think I am going to be sick. I have not thrown up, but I feel like I could at any moment. I don't have any fever. Even my Vitamins and Protein Shakes make me want to gag. When trying to pack lunches for my family this morning, I thought I would have to leave the house as the smell of the food about made me run to the restroom. Also, when my co-workers heated up thier lunch I got the same feeling. I don't want to eat anything...except sugar free popsicles. Does anyone else feel this way?

I was sleeved 9/3. Tomorrow I go back to work. I have a desk job, but I do have to,walk to my attorney's offices. I was doing good. I have started having a lot of gas problems. Still not going to bathroom on a regular basis. Trying to get in all my Water and eat. Drinking different kinds of Protein Drinks also. My weight stalled, but on Saturday I see 3 lbs came off. I feel I have lost a lot of inches already. I had the band so I know how the scale goes up and down.

I am having a relatively easy recovery and eating pretty much everything (including, unfortunately, all the bad things I ate before surgery, but in smaller quantities). I have had some days where food appealed to me less, and where it has been almost impossible to get 60g of Protein in on food alone, and other days where it has been easier. So it's possible you are just having a bad day or two? If it persists, I would definitely call your surgeon's office. I will say my Vitamin almost makes me gag every day. Good Luck, hope it's just a short phase!

@@Steph Jo 89084 I was having Breakfast with a coworker who had gastric bypass this morning and she shared that she was going to have her gall bladder removed. She had a gallbladder attack and after ultrasound the doctor determined it needed to come out. She mentioned having nausea leading up to the point if having to take meds. What recommendation did your doc make about your gallbladder?

Revision:

Ahhh, just realized you said kidney stones and not gall stones!!

Edited by tiffdmill

I was sleeved on 9/3. I felt great out of surgery, but developed kidney stones about two weeks after surgery. Also, for the past few days, if I even smell food cooking I think I am going to be sick. I have not thrown up, but I feel like I could at any moment. I don't have any fever. Even my Vitamins and Protein shakes make me want to gag. When trying to pack lunches for my family this morning, I thought I would have to leave the house as the smell of the food about made me run to the restroom. Also, when my co-workers heated up thier lunch I got the same feeling. I don't want to eat anything...except sugar free popsicles. Does anyone else feel this way?

There wre days where I could not even look at or smell food. I also had a point where I was waking up every morning with the worst nauseous feeling. I did a little research and read that it is normal to feel nauseous after surgery and it can last up to a few months. I have noticed for me it is starting to subside a little. Now I get naseous when i drink Water but I think it might be because I am drinking it too fast. There was one day at home I was getting ready to leave for work and I literally had to run to the bathroom with dry heaves... if it is as bad as you are saying it is though I would def. contact your Dr. if it doesnt start to subside.. Good Luck!!!

Those of you who had surgery in early September, what are you know eating and how much exercising are you getting in. I see people on here who have lost SO MUCH more weight than I have. I've only lost 16 pounds since my sleeve on Sept. 1 and now I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong that I'm not dropping weight at nearly the rate as everyone else.

I had surgery on September 3 and I can barely eat enough to get all of my Protein in every day most days I don't even come close to my protein requirement. At any seating I can only take about 2 to 3 bites of anything before I am full and if I eat any more than that I will get a strong pain at the top of my stomach bottom of my chest for a few minutes. I have lost a total of 41 pounds and I don't think I am losing as fast as a lot of people I have read about.

I had surgery on September 3 and I can barely eat enough to get all of my Protein in every day most days I don't even come close to my Protein requirement. At any seating I can only take about 2 to 3 bites of anything before I am full and if I eat any more than that I will get a strong pain at the top of my stomach bottom of my chest for a few minutes. I have lost a total of 41 pounds and I don't think I am losing as fast as a lot of people I have read about.

Ha! You think you aren't losing fast and I've only lost 16 pounds and was sleeved two days before you!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble getting in all of your protein. I know the pain you are talking about. That constriction kind of pain. I had that a lot early on, even with drinking. But now I rarely have anything like that. I can eat 2-4 oz. at a time depending on what kind of food it is. Toward the high end of that if it's something liquid-y and low end if it's something more dry.

Those of you who had surgery in early September, what are you know eating and how much exercising are you getting in. I see people on here who have lost SO MUCH more weight than I have. I've only lost 16 pounds since my sleeve on Sept. 1 and now I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong that I'm not dropping weight at nearly the rate as everyone else.

Good morning!

Right now i am eating a lot of ground turkey, chicken and other meats. Just not pork or beef (still not allowed) Sometimes I have issues getting food in but you just have to make sure that you eat slow. I am addicted to peanutbutter and cheese. Love it.

As far as the weight loss goes, everyone is different. Someone may lose tons of weight the first 2-3 months and then slow down where as someone else may start losing a lot in month 3. It also depends on your body. Everyone has different problem areas. I have been trying to stay away from things with high sugar and carbs. I drink A LOT of unsweetened iced tea, hot tea and Water. I thought i would be losing a lot quicker because a friend of mine had the sleeve a month before and in the first month she was up to about 35 lbs lost. Just remember, as much as you want to compare yourself with everyone else.. just as with running, dont do it because everyones body is different. :)

Good morning!

Right now i am eating a lot of ground turkey, chicken and other meats. Just not pork or beef (still not allowed) Sometimes I have issues getting food in but you just have to make sure that you eat slow. I am addicted to peanutbutter and cheese. Love it.

As far as the weight loss goes, everyone is different. Someone may lose tons of weight the first 2-3 months and then slow down where as someone else may start losing a lot in month 3. It also depends on your body. Everyone has different problem areas. I have been trying to stay away from things with high sugar and carbs. I drink A LOT of unsweetened iced tea, hot tea and Water. I thought i would be losing a lot quicker because a friend of mine had the sleeve a month before and in the first month she was up to about 35 lbs lost. Just remember, as much as you want to compare yourself with everyone else.. just as with running, dont do it because everyones body is different. :)

I really have been trying not to compare myself to others, but when I see people losing 40+ pounds in the time it's taken me to lose 16, I can't help but feel like maybe I am doing something wrong! How many calories would you say you are eating per day? Are you doing exercise? If so, what intensity and for how long?

Jamie, don't get discouraged. At 7 weeks out I was only down 17 pounds. And then I actually gained 3 pounds and stalled for a month. I was nauseous from a medication I was taking so I know my calorie and Water intake was pretty low. I've never counted calories or measured or tracked, so I can't give you numbers. But as soon as I stopped the med I probably doubled my food and Water intake and started losing again. As for exercise, I haven't done any formal program or ever gone to the gym.

Just stick with the plan, relax, and don't worry about your rate of loss. You will lose at your own pace and actually slower is healthier. My slow start certainly isn't a reflection of my overall success.

I too have been struggling with a slow rate of loss. I was 248 before pre-op, about 233 day of surgery. I'm only 10 lb down since surgery sept 3. Very frustrated. And its so hard not to compare rate of loss with others!!! I really feel like i'm doing something wrong. True, I could always make better food choices and it is always possible to exercise more. This week I am really going to try to follow all of the "rules" and see if I get any results. Glad to hear there are others in the same boat. Keep on trucking!

Meredith

I use my fitness pal to log my food. I'm down 45 lbs since 10/6. It really helps to track your food and know which good choices taste the best.