Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody! My date is Sept 3 for a band-to-sleeve revision with hernia repair. I am thinking of starting my pre-op diet earlier than 2 weeks out because I just keep on gaining and I feel yucky. Thoughts?

My sleeve surgery date has been changed to Sept. 3rd. My doctors office pre-op is the day before surgery. Just a clear, liquid diet the day before. Good luck to us all.

I'm only two days ahead of you on Sept. 1. I don't know about starting your pre-op diet this far out. I've personally just been increasing my exercise and watching what I eat. My nutritionist suggested to do Atkins essentially until my pre-op diet starts. Low carb, high Protein. But I haven't done that, because I've already been losing weight over the past month by just exercising and restricting calories. The pre-op diet my nutritionist wants me on is only about 500 calories per day (from protein shakes), so I definitely don't want to start that even one day sooner than I have to! Trying to live on 500 calories a day while continuing to exercise, with my whole stomach still intact seems INSANE!

My date is September 3rd too! I have a 2 week pre-op diet -- 2 shakes and one lean dinner for 12 days then all liquid for 2 days. I was thinking of starting earlier too because I've been eating out of control this summer due to vacations and "food funerals". But I'm worried I won't be able to do it longer and I don't want to fail. So I'm planning to wait and just do what I have to do. Good Luck to all of us, I'm looking forward to sharing experiences as we go through this together!

I'm scheduled for the 4th.

I'm also on this date too, me and my boyfriend are both on this day. Our pre op is Protein shakes and one "lean and green" meal a day. We start that this next Saturday. Excited!

Sept 1st!!!! I have been on pre op diet for 5 days now.. It's not so bad... Lol I miss the habits more than the food I think. Although I think about allll the time!! My plan is to take it on phase at a time. Let me get to surgery day first.. Then I can focus on week one etc

I'm so excited, can't wait ! I picture allllll the time what it will feel like to feel confident again.

I'm looking forward to making a healthy environment for my whole family so we can be more active and food conscious together.

I'm not telling my kids as they are at an age where I am trying to teach them they are "beautiful the way you are" so I think just watching me have food and exercise change is enough for their young ears!

I have only told 5 people because the rest will judge and try to drag me down. These 5 people will be my support group xoxo I think once I have reached a goal I am happy with, and have worked on me.. Then maybe I will share and maybe never. it's not that I am ashamed it's that I want to enjoy and savour my experience without negativity and the sleeve is nothing but a tool.. I still do the hard work myself.

So I leave in 1 week for Mexico with my best friend in tow who is also having the procedure done .. Stay tuned!

Good luck to you all that are having it done aswell!!!

Hey guys - just checkin in. I'm about 1 week to surgery now and am really struggling with this preop... Just having a hard time sticking to liquids. Also feeling down on myself because I keep slipping up. I took a day off from work today to kind of regroup. Sitting at the pool now ???? I figured the Vitamin D might help my mood. I'm worried I will not lose enough weight/shrink my liver enough for the big day. Thoughts?

Hey guys - just checkin in. I'm about 1 week to surgery now and am really struggling with this preop... Just having a hard time sticking to liquids. Also feeling down on myself because I keep slipping up. I took a day off from work today to kind of regroup. Sitting at the pool now I figured the Vitamin d might help my mood. I'm worried I will not lose enough weight/shrink my liver enough for the big day. Thoughts?

What do you mean by "slipping up"? Do you mean eating stuff you shouldn't? I'm on day 10 of my pre-op and I've eaten stuff twice now that I wasn't supposed to. However, both times I ate high protien/low carb items so I wouldn't kick my body out of ketosis, because I was not about to go through that whole horrible headache stage again. The first time I had about 1/3 of an omelet with cheddar and sausage in it. I felt SOOOOOOOO sick after that one. I think the sausage gave me terrible heartburn/reflux. The second time I had some shrimp and my stomach handled that fine. I don't think either of those slip-ups set me back much, since they had no sugar and I stayed in ketosis. They really didn't have any more calories than I would have gotten with my Protein shake either. The main difference was the fat content (especially with the omelet), so I will definitely be trying to avoid any more slip-ups in the next 5 days.

I'm hesitant to reply because I have "slipped up" EVERY day -- at first I had the headache/nausea thing going and could barely stomach one shake so I justified having deli meat/cheese for lunch. Since then the one day I did have 2 shakes I STILL ate way more than I should have afterwards. I know, know, know this is wrong but I see some doctors only ask for the 48 hour pre-op diet and it makes me think that must be the minimum medically necessary . . . I have all kinds of justifications. The other thing is I go back to May when my doctor was trying to squeeze me in for surgery before the summer and the date was only a week away and I said "what about the pre-op" and he said "it's okay, we don't need the pre-op." So I'm using these excuses to do the best I can, which amounts to NOT following the pre-op. I am trying to avoid carbs and doing pretty well at that.

I decided that tomorrow, with one week to go, I should be able to follow the diet to a T. That is my plan. There is one night during this time that we're going out and I will probably cheat a little that night, but otherwise it seems totally ridiculous of me to not follow it.

We have a week to go, we can do this!! Good Luck to everyone!

My date is Sept 3 (the day after my 52 birthday). I'm living on the liver shrink diet but not loving it. Oh, and I'm now in a GIANT walking boot to deal with tendonitis and a heel spur on my left foot. Joys of being old and overweight :-)

oy vey! Yep we are suffering here too. I had my date wrong.. sugery is the 5th, but I have to be there for an appointment on the 3rd. I'm stressing too, I'd say all my practice on the HCG diets is getting me through. But TOM is due in 2 days and all I want to do is munch and crunch and eat food. Not that I am that hungry... but just want to be putting food in to satisfy my hormonal need to eat. I do get one meal a day that is supposed to be lean meat and vege's..... however there has been butter on my veges and the meat hasn't been that lean. No carbs though so I am pulling through in that department..... I had a lettuce wrap tonight - but I put 1/2 an avacodo on it.... :-/

We never got a full run down of exactly what the lean and green meal must have, or can't have, or a limitation on that meal. Yikes!

Hang in there everyone, we have all waited this long, we can do another week!

Ok it has hit bad... that awful metallic taste! I'm in ketosis,(even checked with a ketostick) and everything tastes like crap. I can hardly finish my shakes, I'm trying to eat my chicken/spinach/lettuce salad. Gag! Anyone else having this yet?