Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone start with a 35 BMI?

Ow were your results? I'm 5'4 and 210. I know it's not right to compare but I keep hearing with lower BMI or with less to lose it's a lot slower of a process. Some feedback on your experiences would be feet! Thank you! :)

I'm 5'1 and 171 and am wondering the same..

I am in the same situation. I have been thrilled with my loss in the last 4weeks. I really can tell in inches. If you have not done your measurements do that. That is where you will really tell!! Good luck and let's keep in touch. When was your surgery?

I started with a weight of 207.8. That was the day I started 2 week preop liquid diet. Surgery was 7/15. This morning my weight was 183.8. Lost 24 lbs. Nice to see others around the same as me.

I am in the same situation. I have been thrilled with my loss in the last 4weeks. I really can tell in inches. If you have not done your measurements do that. That is where you will really tell!! Good luck and let's keep in touch. When was your surgery?

Haven't had surgery yet. Just preparing mentally :)

Haven't had surgery yet. Just preparing mentally :)

i If you have any questions let me know. U can email me to at ascorzine@yahoo.com. I'll help ya as much as I can. I had a friend prepare me and it really helped. Look forward to hearing from u.

Sleeved October 2013. I'm 5'1" (almost) and weighed 184. My current weight is 130. Yes, weight loss is slower in terms of pounds lost, but not by percent of weight lost. I think it's worth noting that I'm 65 years old and was not active the first 4 months after surgery. I

Hello everyone. Got sleeved 1st of July 2014 in Sydney. Starting weight was 206, current weight of 184. I am 5 foot 6, post op week 4. I am a bit concerned too as I weighed myself 27/7 and was down to 82.6kilos (181.72lbs), weighed again today and was up to 84kilos (184.8lbs). Is this normal? I am afraid I won't be able to lose more as I feel that I can tolerate more food now but I easily get full. Any advice and tips there pls?

Hi All,

I'd say I am in the "slow" loss group as well, but thats OK:) My BMI was a little over 36 when I started. Surgery was 5/13/14 (11 weeks) and as of today my loss is at 35 lbs. It is hard to read the posts that had surgery around the same time and they've lost 50+ pounds at this stage, but I can only be thankful that I didn't have to start with a BMI over 40 and in my opinion it is safer to lose at a slower pace anyway. As long as the scale is going down, we are ALL losers!! Keep up all your hard work and it will happen!!

I was sleeved 6/17. On 6/10 when I started my diet I was 190. Today, six weeks, I'm 163. 27 pounds. I was in a three week stall 9 days after surgery.

Just recently the pounds started coming off again.

I hope to get in the 130s.

I hope this helps. I look forward to the journey no matter how how up and down it may be

Glad to hear the similar stories. Was starting to wonder if my journey was similar to anyone's. I'm 5'1 or 5'2 depending on the doctor - ha. My highest weight was 190. I lost 18lbs on my own prior to the surgery which was July 2. I started really trying before the post op diet so that took about 2 months (a little over). I'm now at 160 - 1/2 way to goal. That said, I have pretty much been on a stall for over 2 weeks. I was at 164 for 2 weeks and now hovering at 160. Am just getting over my PMS week so hopefully that will jump start a loss again. I have been very compliant with the diet as given by the doctor.

Hi, I'm 5'3" (just under actually). My highest weight was 209.6. I was on a 4 week pre op and had surgery June 30. I am down 40 lbs as of today. I am 50% to my goal weight.

My BMI is 31, going band to sleeve in 12 days !!!

I was 34.6 BMI. had surgery july 7th. Lost 22 pounds. can't eat much, but can can "drink" food quickly. Soups, fruit shakes, etc.

Lost the weight VERY quickly. had no much dicipline outside of the fact that i ate practically nothing. Now I am starting to eat, some meat ball with souce (one), buy vegtable soups at Hale and Hearty, and take them all.

But I read alot and I know I need to get my Proteins in order. I drink all day long, but in order to avoid stalls, I must get more Protein.< /p>

I had all the classic issues: a) it was so easy for me at first, that i thought the surgeon didn't cut enough. This disappeared when i started to eat solid food (meat balls). B) i progress way faster than the recommendation, but i heal so much better than others and I can easily take solid food (tiny amounts).

It's all personal and you need to dance between what you feel/know about yourself and what your doctor tells you to do.

I am happy to answer any question. send me your email here and I will contact you. (I never told anyone I had a surgery, but my wife. so I am keeping my email personal.