Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quest Bars - they taste like cardboard

I've order some, and seriously they taste like crap. Anyone have any recipes, tips, tricks, etc? I've microwaved them for about 13 seconds, but I can't tolerate the blandness.

don't know which flavors you have tried but they are good to me.. I love the chocolate chunk, cookie dough and oreo.

Agreed. It shows how different we all are -- I can't stand Quest bars and so many people are crazy about them! I went for bars in the beginning but now I mostly do "real" food. Occasionally I have a shake, when I pretend it is sorbet, etc.

I've tried the Cookies & cream, brownie and the banana nut - all which failed to impress me. I have a box of the banana nut, and I will be returning that back to Quest. I have another box of one of the variety packs (I think the one with PB&J?) that I'm going to try. I'll probably be sending that one back too.

....hey, cardboard is low in sugar, has complex carbohydrates, a lot of Fiber, and if they could get the Protein content up, packaging would be a snap....

I personally like them go for the lower calorie flavored like chocolate Peanut Butter cup.

I'm a fan of Quest bars.

I think the white chocolate raspberry is my favorite one. Close second is the choc chip cookie dough.

My favorite is the p&j and the coconut cashew

I thought I was the only one who does not like them! I was so excited to try them based on all the hype here. I found them at my grocery store and bought 5 different flavors. I only tried the brownie one and it tasted like any other weird textured energy bar. So disappointed!

You can make your own Breakfast cookie/bar. I played around with a recipe I found online.

Ingredients

Steel cut oatmeal ( approx 2 cups) bought from Sprout’s

2 small/medium ripe bananas

vanilla whey Protein powder ( 2 scoops)

Raisins

Slivered almonds( from the baking aisle

Greek yogurt- ( Greek Gods Honey Vanilla) I full cup

vanilla extract

Mix:

Mix 2 scoops of vanilla Protein Powder into 2 cups of steel cut oatmeal. Stir this dry mix together.

Cut the bananas into a few small pieced and mash in the bananas with a fork ( the riper the better)

Keep mashing until all mixed into the dry mixture.

Stir in raisins and almonds . I used about ¼ cup of each but you can add according to taste.

Add one cup of the Greek Yogurt and a splash of vanilla extract.

Stir this up so it is a chunky consistency..if too thick you can add a little vanilla almond milk or regular milk.. It should look like regular oatmeal cookie dough. Not runny.

Cook:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. We used a pizza stone for baking ours.

Drop Cookies on stone/cookie sheet *My batch made about 10 Cookies depending on size you want.

I baked for 8min and then took cookies out to cool/harden on the warm pizza stone. I flipped over and set back in the oven ( heat off) to let them sit a few more minutes. This is all personal preference if you want them harder or chewy. Also, depends on oven and how fast it cooks.

Variations:

You can substitute chopped dates or cranberries in place of raisins

You can use crushed walnuts or pecans in place of slivered almonds.

chocolate whey powder in place of vanilla

Experiment depending on your likes. Much better than dry bars from the shelf in my opinion

for some reason the concensus is to microwave them for like 5 to 10 seconds no more! to me the consistency is that of a tootsie roll.

I only really love the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor. To me many of the other flavors do taste like cardboard. I choked each of them down though because I needed the Protein and fiber. Also, I am cheap and wasn't throwing something away that I paid that much money for ;)

OOOH gosh, I would DIE without my CC Cookie dough and Double CC bars!!! It's what gets me through the day when I have that sweet tooth craving or if I'm short on Protein.