Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your favorite thing to eat in the "pureed" stage?

I know Eggface has some suggestions, but would like to hear from everyone else who has already been through or going through this phase.

Also...did Tomato Soup give anyone problems?

During my puree phase I stuck to Cream of Mushroom Soup and refried Beans mixed with pureed turkey hamburger. I tried to keep it simple. When I'm only eating a 1/4 cup of food per meal, I didn't want to go to a lot of trouble cooking.

I made regular food and just puréed it all with stock and such. Added it little by little

During my puree phase I stuck to Cream of Mushroom Soup and refried Beans mixed with pureed turkey hamburger. I tried to keep it simple. When I'm only eating a 1/4 cup of food per meal, I didn't want to go to a lot of trouble cooking.

Did you add seasoning to the retried beans? I love them with taco seasoning mixed in, but not sure if spices will upset my sleeve.

Huevos rancheros minus the tortilla...refried Beans, egg, cheese and green chili. Favorite at ANY stage! (Except liquids)

The only problem that I had with Tomato Soup was that it tasted too sweet to me (really!). I puréed it with Italian sausage to cut the sweet.

Edited by Kindle

Huevos rancheros minus the tortilla...refried Beans, egg, cheese and green chili. Favorite at ANY stage! (Except liquids) The only problem that I had with Tomato Soup was that it tasted too sweet to me (really!). I puréed it with Italian sausage to cut the sweet.

great to know!!! Thanks so much!

My surgery is September 8th, So I'm not quite there yet but I've been finding a lot of inspiration via Pintrest!

Not everything I pinned would be considered within the dietary guidelines for after surgery but mostly everything can be altered to meet them.

http://www.pinterest.com/dawson1738/cream-soupspuree-foods/

Refried Beans with a spoon of salsa or soft scrambled egg mixed into grits

Personal summertime favorite was and is gazpacho...lintel Soup a distant second. Helps to live in India where a housekeep/cook costs $300 a month :) Especially once you get the spice part under control. 5 months out and really starting to feel good---keep slugging through!

Another vote for refried Beans here. I like mine with melted cheese and hot salsa.

Another favorite thing to do was puree meat with a tasty sauce and heat it up. Depending on the meat, top with some cheese too. This makes a little casserole type dish. I mostly used the little individual serving size packets or cans of meat because I really couldn't eat enough to get through fresh meat before it went bad. Some favorites:

thai spice tuna with Sriracha sauce

chicken with low carb BBQ Sauce and cheddar cheese

turkey with peanut satay sauce and jack cheese

lemon dill salmon with remoulade

ground beef with horseradish sauce and gruyere cheese

chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese

sweet & spicy tuna with chipotle BBQ sauce

for me anyway, meat pureed with Water or just plain broth/stock was disgusting - like baby food. Bland and blech. But meat pureed with a very flavorful sauce and heated up was really good.

I made a roasted chicken and steamed some broccoli rab with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and pureed them together in added some chicken stock to soften just a bit more and a tiny amount of pecoreno Romano cheese and the Yummy factor was off the charts! Could only eat 3 oz's but hey I had lunch the next day.

I am also a cottage cheese eater, so I also like 1/4 cup CC mixed with a spoon of no sugar apple/pear sauce, cold and refreshing.

Goofy question -- what kitchen tool(s) did y'all use to puree your food?

@@VSGAnn2014 I used a mini food processor, this one specifically:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-2ABC-Mini-Prep-Processor-Brushed/dp/B0000645YM/

I had never owned or used a food processor before (always just chopped things the old-fashioned way or used a blender) and I found it super easy to use and clean.

I craved spicy. Chili was awesome, even a couple tablespoons. Refried Beans topped with Taco Bell sauce was yummy. I had no problem with spicy. Heart healthy Soup, pureed with a blender, with added refried Beans for Protein, was good.

I use my hamilton beach dual wave blender. Love this thing!

post-182221-0-61933900-1406463566_thumb.jpg