Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more fills, can it be already?

Hi everyone, I just wanted to post as I went to the surgeon today for a barium swallow to make sure everything is fine. It was at 6cc in a 10cc band. He put in another .5cc under fluoroscopy but after looking at the barium going through decided to take out .125 so I am now at 6.375 ish. He said that it's unlikely I can fill it up anymore as it was going through too slowly on 6.5 and to go back in 12 weeks instead of the usual 6. I don't know why but I feel really sad. Is this my green zone? I feel a bit like I've had six months training and now being put out into the great wide bariatric world to crack on.

I think part the reason why I feel sad and scared is if this fill doesn't get me to my goal. I have lost 13 kg so far in 7 months and have 10 to my next goal and another ten after that to my final goal.

I think I feel a bit like he has said "there's nothing more I can do for you now" which is why I feel sad. I. Probably shouldn't and I'm glad everything is healthy and well inside, that's the ultimate goal, right?

Has any one else reached this point in their lapband journey? Would be so curious to hear from others who have and what happened afterwards. Let me know as I feel a bit like a drama queen...

Xx

The goal is not too focus on what amount is in the band but to focus on how hungry you are feeling. In the green zone you can only eat small meals and not get hungry again for 4 to 5 hours. That is a glorious feeling. Are you there? Are you able to stay full 4 to 5 hours at a time? If so.....great you are in the green zone. Believe me you do not want to be too tight. It is great your doctor looked at the passage of barium through your band. That is the most accurate measure of the amount of your restriction. So if he said no more fills for a while then that is great news to you.

Too tight isn't right. :D Seriously, that should be every bandster's mantra. :D

If your surgeon has told you that you can't receive any more Fluid, take that as a sign that you are right where you need to be and Celebrate. :D

I think that some of us really need those regular aftercare appointments. I go to every one of mine, every four weeks (unless life gets in the way) because it is good to have a check in, talk over how I am doing and just get back in touch with my purpose, even if I am not having my band adjusted. Those visits are pretty crucial to me. Maybe you are the same way. You don't have to stop going in, getting weighed, have a progress chat with your NP just because you aren't getting more Fluid added. I intend to continue my visits until they tell me not to come back or my insurance company cries, "Uncle!" :D Once I know that I am solidly in my Green Zone (thought I was... Nope.) I'll scale them back but I won't stop them. :D

Question for any of you - I just got my first fill yesterday (4 pc). I still feel hungry. Should I go back in a couple of weeks to get another fill or is that too soon?