Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys!!! My name is Suzy. I'm 23 years old and live in Arlington Heights, Illinois. I had gastric bypass surgery on July 22nd 2014. I have a blog if any of you want to read it! It's pretty new, and it's all about my life (especially focusing on this surgery and my experience with it this far). I am a social work major and I just want to help people. I made the blog so I could give an insight into this experience. So many peoples blogs helped me, so all I want to do is pay it forward. Feel free to ask any questions, I am an open book. Love to all!

http://dimandgirl.wordpress.com --> blog

Suzy Zuffante (Dimand) --> Facebook

sdimand@gmail.com --> email

Welcome...and good for you!

Hi Suzy

How are you doing so far? Hope is well I have my first appointment next week. A little scared by excited at the same time. How long did it take from 1st appointment to your surgery date?

<p><em>Hi Suzy</em></p> <p> </p> <p><em>How are you doing so far? Hope is well I have my first appointment next week. A little scared by excited at the same time. How long did it take from 1st appointment to your surgery date?</em></p>

blackjetta12- the pain is much better! I do have a bad rash oddly all around my body though. I definitely know the feeling of being scarcited (what my husband called it lol), but it's ALL worth it in the end! It was a 7 month process for me, but it FLEWWWWW by!!

Ho my name is Evelyn and I had gastric bypass last year 2-12-13 my starting weight was 267 lbs and my current weight is 140 so I've lost a total of 127 lbs.

Well let me tell you that it wasn't easy for me, I have been in and out of the hospital about a total of 15 times because of my diabetes went haywire,

On Oct 8th 2013 my twin sister found me unconscious and so she tried to wake me and couldn't so she called 911 and then called my husband and sons. And I was taken to the nearest emergency room and the doctor had told me that I had to be revived cause my sugar went down to 10 but I didn't understand what he was telling me and again I lost consciousness well I was taken to the icu where they hooked me up to all the machines and the head of the icu until was telling me if I knew why I was there and I told him that I didn't and do he tried to explain as best as he could. But what he told me actually scared me to the point that I just started to cry, cause what he told me was that I had died twice and that if it weren't for my sister that went up to check up on me, I wouldn't be here today

Ho my name is Evelyn and I had gastric bypass last year 2-12-13 my starting weight was 267 lbs and my current weight is 140 so I've lost a total of 127 lbs. <br> Well let me tell you that it wasn't easy for me, I have been in and out of the hospital about a total of 15 times because of my diabetes went haywire,<br> On Oct 8th 2013 my twin sister found me unconscious and so she tried to wake me and couldn't so she called 911 and then called my husband and sons. And I was taken to the nearest emergency room and the doctor had told me that I had to be revived cause my sugar went down to 10 but I didn't understand what he was telling me and again I lost consciousness well I was taken to the icu where they hooked me up to all the machines and the head of the icu until was telling me if I knew why I was there and I told him that I didn't and do he tried to explain as best as he could. But what he told me actually scared me to the point that I just started to cry, cause what he told me was that I had died twice and that if it weren't for my sister that went up to check up on me, I wouldn't be here today

momdukes52 - so sorry it took me this long to reply!! I just saw this comment. That is so scary!! Your weightloss is absolutely incredible, but I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am so happy you're alright!!