Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medical Tourism - Dr. Jose Luis Curiel - Tiajuna

Hello!

So I just scheduled my surgery through Medical Tourism with Dr. Jose Luis Curiel - having it at Clinica San Jose in Tiajuna. I am terrified but exciting but more just want to be reassured Medical Tourism is a legit agency to go through and the Clinica San Jose will be a nice hospital and that Dr. Jose Luis Curiel actually knows what he is doing and have a good reputation.

If anyone has gone this route please let me know your experience and if its legit or if I should cancel my deposit - except I already booked my flights as well so I am just so much more nervous now and praying this is all legit and will work out ugh!

Hi.. how did you decide to have this Mexican surgeon do your procedure ?Were you able to check his medical training....? I was going to go to Mexico however, I decided to find a surgeon in my area instead......I had to go through several pre op testing to prepare for the surgery.....I had mine done in New York at a large training hospital....... wishing you lots of good health and success in your journey......

Hi Shannon, I used Medical Tourism company with no problems. My surgeon was Dr. Cabrera. They are a smaller company in comparison to the others in TJ arranging bariatric surgery. Don't know your Dr. or hospital. I prepaid via credit card since I didn't want to risk anything going wrong with a cashier's check since my bank is Caribbean. My company rep was Regina & she was helpful, however-- she was based outside of USA, Phillipines I think! What I found interesting when down there, was the number of local Mexicans also having surgery & paying less than what foreigners were charged. Hope all goes well for you.

Hi.. how did you decide to have this Mexican surgeon do your procedure ?Were you able to check his medical training....? I was going to go to Mexico however, I decided to find a surgeon in my area instead......I had to go through several pre op testing to prepare for the surgery.....I had mine done in New York at a large training hospital....... wishing you lots of good health and success in your journey......

Aw thank you so much and Medical Tourism provides the hospital name, picture and description of the facility and they also give you a list of pre-approved Doctors they work with and provide their resumes and pdf's of their certificates so its pretty thorough but just wanted to feel better by hearing a testimony outside their site. Thank you for your wishes. I am excited just want the surgery part to be over with =) congrats on your successful surgery and starting your own journey! Very cool.

Hi Shannon, I used Medical Tourism company with no problems. My surgeon was Dr. Cabrera. They are a smaller company in comparison to the others in TJ arranging bariatric surgery. Don't know your Dr. or hospital. I prepaid via credit card since I didn't want to risk anything going wrong with a cashier's check since my bank is Caribbean. My company rep was Regina & she was helpful, however-- she was based outside of USA, Phillipines I think! What I found interesting when down there, was the number of local Mexicans also having surgery & paying less than what foreigners were charged. Hope all goes well for you.

Thank you so much for replying and letting me rest more easy knowing that Medical Tourism is a legit company to go through. Makes me feel so much better! I will also be paying on my credit card to avoid any issues as well. I didn't realize there were a lot of Mexicans doing the procedure that is interesting! And for them to have it much cheaper than foreigners well that doesn't surprise me one bit many countries have "local" and "foreigner" prices on everything - its crazy! Thank you sooo much again for responding makes me rest easier!!

Hello!

So I just scheduled my surgery through Medical Tourism with Dr. Jose Luis Curiel - having it at Clinica San Jose in Tiajuna. I am terrified but exciting but more just want to be reassured Medical Tourism is a legit agency to go through and the Clinica San Jose will be a nice hospital and that Dr. Jose Luis Curiel actually knows what he is doing and have a good reputation.

If anyone has gone this route please let me know your experience and if its legit or if I should cancel my deposit - except I already booked my flights as well so I am just so much more nervous now and praying this is all legit and will work out ugh!

Did u end up using medical tourism dr curiel and san juan clinic? If so how was your experience? My surgery is set for march 5th

Did u end up using medical tourism dr curiel and san juan clinic? If so how was your experience? My surgery is set for march 5th

My surgery went great! The Clinica San Juan and Dr. Cruel were top quality - clinic was clean, updates and service was fantastic! Everything went smoothly and I'm doing well! Best of luck you are in good hands with them :)

Did they add any exTra charges to ya

Nope paid exactly what they quoted. I did pay like $150 (can't remember exact amount) extra for the prescription medication from them but they give you the choice to get the meds on your own or you can buy through them so I did. Which I wouldn't recommend because they were in pill form and you can't take pills right after surgery so you have to crush them up and that was gross so if I were you I would look for those medications in a dissolvable form. But ya no extra charges exactly what they asked!

Can I ask what Meds did they give you? I am set for surgery April15th!