Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know we shouldn't compare ourselves to others but its hard not to. I lost 10 lbs preop and only 12 post op. Seems like everyone else is doing so much better .I'm struggling to get 800 calories a day. Sorry just venting!

Oh Nolans Nana do not fret. You are right on track. A group member I know from my support group meetings felt the same as you. (Don't compare yourself to other's because it can make you feel like a failure) Anyway, She has lost 50 pounds in one year!! That is a slow weight loss but Wow you should have seen her pictures. I think she has something on all of us because she lost consistently for a whole year. Getting weight off slowly as been said to be one of the best indicators of those who are successful at keeping the weight off for good.

Stop comparing yourself with others weight loss. It is different for everyone. The tool gives us 80 % burt we must work the other 20%.

I recently made a list of all the rewards I am going to give myself along this journey to Celebrate my lost weight. I found some meet up groups who engage in activities such as community service, hiking, socializing with live music and happy hours. These are my new rewards.

Obestiy in my has led me into a very sad isolated lifestyle and I am being proactive to change that. I am attending many meetings over the next few weeks to reintegrate myself back into a social group. I am thrilled because on this journey I have rewarded myself with glasses of wine, pizza, Peanut Butter and Bagels. All these foods as rewards are not helping my total weight loss so I searched on the internet for positive activities that when finished would make me feel good about myself. Hope this helps. Love your comments so please write.

hope i said something that may help you. Lifestyle change is hard and it won't come all at once.
We have to be patient. Patience and trust. The weight will come off when we are brutally honest about what we are putting in our mouths. Are we getting more movement in our daily lives? Are we going to the doctor regularly so their experise can guide us in the right direction? Do you have a support system. And don't compare yourself with others weight loss on these forums. Everybody is different. Different sex's. Different beginning weights. Different levels of motivation. Different ideas on what works. Debate your self-depreciating thoughts and focus on how far you have come as an individual. We are all unique and the weight is going to come off according to your genetics, metabolism and adherence to your after care program. This tool works!!

Thank you..I appreciate your comments. I have had several nsv. This is a really tough time in my life. Trying to stay positive. My fiance keeps telling me to stay off the scales! Lol. I really think I'm not getting enough calories. Haven't been able to take care of myself the way I should. I'm going to start though! Ty again.

I Dont talk about it a lot but my oldest brother is during from metatastic esophageal cancer. He lives with me and I've taken him to all but a few of his numerous appts. Trying to stay strong for my whole family has taken its toll on me mentally and physically.I have had days that I haven't eaten at all. I know I have to take care of myself.

Dieing.

Love to you, your brother, and family. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Sorry to hear about your brother. If your stats are correct you just had surgery last month. If you have lost 12 lbs, then you are exactly where you should be. One should lose between 4 to 8 lbs a month so don't be discouraged you are doing great. Best wishes to you.

@@NolansNana this is not a race my friend. You will get there in your own time. Everyone of us is on a different journey. I"m sorry to hear about your brother, and I commend you for taking care of your loved ones. This is not an easy task to undertake and often we will put the needs of others before our own even though we know we shouldn't.

You are on the right track, keep stead as you can and you will do great. Take time to take care of yourself even as you take care of your family, for that too is an act of love and giving to them. If you are not well and strong you can't be there for them when they need you. So don't lose sight of that.

I am on the slow and stead course and I am very happy. I look good and more importantly I feel great!! I have not lost 100 or 150 pounds in over a year I have lost maybe 65 all in all but you know I am working out every day I see a fitness trainer 2x a week, and I am going to participate in my first 5K this coming Tuesday night!

The changes in life and in life style are not only about the numbers on the scale they are about you and how you feel in your life. So don't stress, keep going and living your life to the fullest!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Your right I have to take care of myself. God bless y'all.

If you just had surgery last month, then you need to fully understand what this lap band surgery is all about....just because you had this thing installed, it does not always mean it is going to do anything just yet....does for some, but that is a minority...the low end of the bell curve....

Now comes the series of band adjustments to find what is the best setting for you....

When I was where you're at...(I'm assuming you're recently banded) I actually started to gain weight as though nothing changed....then only after my second adjustment my weight gain/loss leveled off...then later after another fill, started to loose consistently ...

It took me months for this to actually start doing what it was supposed to do......not overnight....or weeks even

But hang in there...it DOES WORK!

Thank you..I'm glad its finally working for you!

I can not tell you how much Hospice helped me while my Dad was dying. They have an incredibly beautiful perspective on death. They bring you peace and hope. Heaven really is our goal. The hard work is here on earth. It helped me to know my Dad would be out of pain and live eternally in heaven. Think that about your brother. My surgeon said not to expect weight loss until 4 or 5 fills. You are not even restricted yet and are losing weight so you are doing very well. One member in my monthly support group inspires me. She lost 50 pounds in a whole year!! Losing slowly worked very well for her. She far in front of us on body image because the slow loss gave her mind time to keep up with and adjust to her changing body. Wow. So a pound a week is tremendous progress. We can not compare ourselves to others on the site. Compare oneself to oneself and go easy on yourself while your brother is dying. You are doing God's work by being with him every day. I applaud you.

Thank you very much..I wouldn't have made it this far without my faith in God. It is a blessing to know where he is going. I've heard great things about hospice. I will be calling them. Hopefully he has a while longer before we need their help. He so wants to be here for another Christmas but his pain is getting worse and his condition is too. My prayer is that doesn't suffer too much.

The thing is b52 is that I'm one of the few that doesn't have much hunger. I struggle with getting enough calories already.