Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wrong surgery & -___-

So I found out the nurse submitted me for gastric bypass instead of gastric sleeve. I'm considering just getting bypass instead of trying to resubmit everything. Its just been such a long time coming you know? I just want to get this surgery already. Its not like I hate bypass or anything, its better than sleeve results wise. Also my PCP's letter to my insurance was insufficient so she has to rewrite it tomorrow . I hate to be mean but these people have been acting so unprofessional.

If you want sleeve then stick to your guns. Seems like they have to re-write anyway. Bypass and sleeve are 2 very different procedures.

There are very different long term management issues between the bypass and the sleeve...just be sure you are really ready to accept them all so you have no regrets later...sorry it got messed up!

This surgery and it's effects will stay with you for the rest of your life. Don't "settle" for something you may not be happy with just because it's faster. They are different surgeries with different outcomes, long term complications and management issues. Research very well before committing to anything.

"I just want to get this surgery already."

"THIS" is 2 very different surgeries you are looking at, and deciding over whether someone has to write a different letter???

Personally, while I might well chose one of them for myself, the other would be last choice for sure.

Do you really mean 'either procedure doesn't matter to you'?

Good luck in whichever letter you use.

I know you guys are right. Ive just been feeling so frustrated lately

If I had it to do over, knowing what I know now about my pre-existing acid problem, I would have had the bypass.

@@Tisa you really do have to be your own advocate when it comes to this. Are you ready to accept the differences in maintenance between the two surgeries?

Have you done your background and research on them and are you comfortable living with this for the rest of your life? If you are not sure then I suggest you go tell the Dr. that this is NOT what you told me I was going in for and I need some more feed back.

Don't just settle because you want to be done, I know it's a long process and you are in the home stretch and nothing should change for you in timing but get the facts first and if you are good with it then go forward, if you have doubts or questions now is the time to speak up!!

This is your life and you will have to live with the consequences, for them it's only paper work. Make the choice that's best for you.

Thank you all for your support. After thinking about it for a while I remembered why I didn't want the bypass. For me it just didn't seem right, I just never felt comfortable with the idea of bypass.

I called my doctor and the bariatric nurse a bunch of times today, did my pre admit and now I've been approved for surgery. I guess my insurance works fast lol. I will be having the sleeve this monday July 28th! I feel nervous yet excited.

Tisa congrats and good luck Monday