Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Sooooo Discouraged ;(

I had my last pre-op visit with my surgeon on July 15th and I was informed that everything would be submitted to my insurance company that day. However,I have been calling my insurance company and as of this morning they don't have anything submitted nor pending from my surgeon office.This afternoon the surgeon's office called me and said they were getting ready to submit to the insurance but their were some red flags that may possibly (strong chance) result in me being denied because my A1C is 13.7 and that's pretty high...so I will have to bring it down before they will approve me. I'm praying that I don't have to start this process over again. I feel so discouraged????????????. Has anyone ever experienced being denied because of a high A1C???????

This is more of a reason for you to have this surgery with this high A1c. My husband's was over 12 and he was approved. The surgeon was very cautious the day of surgery and all the numbers and blood sugar had to be just right. I would suggest that you work on the pre-op diet recommended by your surgeon to start lowering that reading. Keep the faith! Even if you are denied you can get it down and then resubmit everything. My husband's A1c has dropped seriously since surgery. Bless you!

This is more of a reason for you to have this surgery with this high A1c. My husband's was over 12 and he was approved. The surgeon was very cautious the day of surgery and all the numbers and blood sugar had to be just right. I would suggest that you work on the pre-op diet recommended by your surgeon to start lowering that reading. Keep the faith! Even if you are denied you can get it down and then resubmit everything. My husband's A1c has dropped seriously since surgery. Bless you!

Thanks you so much for the encouragement I appreciate it greatly. I was thinking the same thing that is more of a reason to have the surgery. I will take your advice with the pre-op diet and I will just be patient and keep the faith hoping for the best. Thanks again ☺

Good luck! My husband weighed 320 lbs and has lost 100 lbs. Your weight is not that high. The doctor's offices I feel, sometimes want you to know there is a possibility you won't qualify, when in fact there might not even be a problem. Keep us posted.

Good luck! My husband weighed 320 lbs and has lost 100 lbs. Your weight is not that high. The doctor's offices I feel, sometimes want you to know there is a possibility you won't qualify, when in fact there might not even be a problem. Keep us posted.

Im praying thats what they are doing...Wow 100 pounds that is great. I will definitely keep you guys posted. Thanks so much!!!

JUST UPDATING YOU...I WAS APPROVED TODAY IM SOOOOOO HAPPY...THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

JUST UPDATING YOU...I WAS APPROVED TODAY IM SOOOOOO HAPPY...THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

LOL. So happy for you! Now you can get healthier! Any idea when the surgery will be? Trust me, this time will pass quickly. Keep busy and good luck.

LOL. So happy for you! Now you can get healthier! Any idea when the surgery will be? Trust me, this time will pass quickly. Keep busy and good luck.

Yessssss im so looking forward to being a healthier me. I found out from my insurance company about the approval my surgeon hasnt contacted me as of yet but they did tell me it would be in August sometime so im hoping within the next few weeks. I know the time will come so quickly now that the wait os over but I will keep busy to make it go even faster lol..I will keep you posted and Thanks!!!!!

Im praying thats what they are doing...Wow 100 pounds that is great. I will definitely keep you guys posted. Thanks so much!!!

August 11th is the date (I cant stop smiling)