Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! No for sure set date for my surgery yet but I will be finding out next week. Hopefully it will be scheduled in late august or early September. but, I was wondering when everyone headed back to work? I work in an office so physical labor isn't required and I feel as if I could head back within a couple of days but just wanted to hear some stories and advice from a few veterans! Please and thanks in advance!

I was sleeved on July 10th. While I think I am having a great recovery I am not ready to go back to work. I still tire easily and struggle to get my liquids and Protein

My surgery was on Tuesday May 27 and I was back to work on Monday June 2. I have a very sit at the desk sedentary job so I was fine. If I had to be on my feet or really active that would have been too soon.

I am a nurse and took 4 wks off. I was told to plan for 4 weeks and really felt i needed it.

after surgery, the first few days are VERY focused on just getting protein/liquids. after that, it's waiting for the 'internal' healing to feel better. not really painful, you just know that they separated your abdominal muscles and it can feel a bit like you are off kilter.

my 3rd wk i felt great and still focused on getting my diet and exercise in place so i could go back to work. i started back at the beginning of week 4 and felt great.

I have a sit at desk job but am so happy I took 3 weeks as you need to heal and figure out the whole fluids, eating, tired, etc aspect. In week 2 I thought I should have gone back to work, but then week 3 came along and I was thankful I took 3 weeks! Sorta wish I took 4, but being back still work is pretty good :) just make sure you plan out your foods when back, think ahead. Good luck

I am at day 6 and there Is no way I could be back at work and I also sit at a desk. I am still hurting, can barely drink any Water at all. I definitely could not sit up at a desk all day. Right side pulls and hurts when I sit upright for too long. Please give yourself 2 or 3 weeks then if you can go back early that would be great. Better that than not giving yourself enough time. I see the people really vary on how quickly they recover. Best of luck.

Thank y'all for the insight! I'll definitely be taking off more than a week now!

This is all good to know. I am a teacher and I am planning on taking 2 weeks. I had a lumpectomy with lymphnode dissection on my right arm (I am right handed) and only took off 5 days before I went back to work. It was basically a long weekend. I sat a lot for 2 weeks and the students were a big help with things in the classroom.