Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very short tempered and not patient---HELP!

I don't know if it's because I stopped taking my anxiety meds (they're so big and cumbersome to break and take 3x a day (because it was ex release before which won't work now)...

but I have NO patience. When my toddler or baby are acting like little kids...(Normal)...I get so irritated and frustrated with them...like too quickly. Like a rage taking over me.

And same with how I've been with my husband. I am going NUTS at home not being able to drive just for this 1 week and the anxiety is out of control...

suck it up and start taking the meds 3x a day?

Something else?

I'm 1 week post op today!

Take you meds...suck it up! Good luck! Try breaking them up ahead of time. So they will be ready when you need to take them. Good luck....

I've been there! Take your meds--and talk to your doctor. There might be a better antidepressant option for you so you don't have to split those pills. Bet of luck to you!

Try taking them and see how it goes. I don't have any restrictions on taking pills after surgery and didn't have any problems swallowing. If you do have a problem initially, maybe your dr can put you on something else temporarily until you can swallow larger pills later on.

You need to contact your doctor and let them know you are off your meds, like NOW.

First - you are already expressing you lack patience and potential rage, and so you aren't going to like what I am saying. So stop, catch your breath, and respond rather than react. If it might anger you seriously, come back and read it when your kids and husband are not around.

I don't know you but I want to offer some suggestion before there is a worse case scenario. I have dealt with a worse case scenario with a young lady I was advocating through her WLS journey. You don't want it.

Please get your children with a family member for now. Have a really forward conversation with your Husband, make him aware. Anytime you describe rage as a recurrent emotion, no matter who you are or why or whether or not you are off meds, never been on meds, etc. it needs to be addressed and understood and a plan of action to remove that. If it is a cycle with another emotion, that needs evaluated also.

Get back on your meds, in some form, no matter what, ASAP - with your doctors guidance!!!! Those meds are not meant to just drop.

Good luck.

I am NOT a doctor, or a Pharmacist, or a licensed Therapist. Just experienced.

My husband is a pharmacist and said we'll cut them and go back on today...but he seems so lax about everything like it'll be fine no matter what

But he does not and has never had to deal with anxiety issues or depression so I don't think he really has any idea how it really feels....

First of all this change can play havoc on your system. Emotions, mental, physical...whatever. But if you are in a negative state I would get back on your meds and contact your Dr. I took liquid anti depressants in the hospital and believe me..I would rather cut the suckers up then go through that again...nasty!

I have been angry at times since my sleeve (not usual for me), and more emotional, overwhelmingly so at times. Please share your feelings with someone you can rely on for help. Be more specific with your husband that you need help! Please call your doctor and insist on being seen immediately. You just need a little help right now. Surgery takes a toll on our body and our selves. Please feel free to share and look to us for support!

Cut up your medication and start taking them again. If you don't feel like doing it yourself, have your husband cut them but please start your medication immediately. Afterall, they were prescribed to you for a reason. Good luck!!!

I don't know if it's because I stopped taking my anxiety meds (they're so big and cumbersome to break and take 3x a day (because it was ex release before which won't work now)...

but I have NO patience. When my toddler or baby are acting like little kids...(Normal)...I get so irritated and frustrated with them...like too quickly. Like a rage taking over me.

And same with how I've been with my husband. I am going NUTS at home not being able to drive just for this 1 week and the anxiety is out of control...

Something else?

R they extended release? I take wellbuterin but mine aren't extended release so I can cut mine in 4ths. .if there xr u can't cut..call ur pharmacy to make sure. I am 2 wks post an I can swallow it whole now..but I take 3 of them thru out the day supposed to..I might get 2 in...did u go thru ur med list before surgery an see wat was available in liquid or able to break? U realy need to take them...hope u feel better soon..

Something else?

R they extended release? I take wellbuterin but mine aren't extended release so I can cut mine in 4ths. .if there xr u can't cut..call ur pharmacy to make sure. I am 2 wks post an I can swallow it whole now..but I take 3 of them thru out the day supposed to..I might get 2 in...did u go thru ur med list before surgery an see wat was available in liquid or able to break? U realy need to take them...hope u feel better soon..

Yes I mentioned above they're ex release but now I have the regular 3x/day pills instead which are cuttable (my husband is a pharm)...

Going to cut them tonight, at least some and start doing 1 at night and 1 in morning...I can't even imagine me remembering to take one mid-day too. I am so bad with that stuff.

Hi, Wires.

Just writing to say I hope you soon are feeling more relaxed and better.

It's good that you've gotten your hands on the 3X/day pills. Super!

Do you have a smart phone? If so, why don't you set three alarms to alert you when you need to take the pills? (That's what I do ... I'm bad remembering when to take my meds, too.)

Anyway, I hope your surgery recovery goes smoother from now on. From what I've learned on this forum you're in sort of the hardest recovery time right now. The good news is that everyone says it gets much easier. I'm confident it will go easier for you, too.

Here's to an easier day for you and your family tomorrow.

Sweet dreams.

Ann

Edited by VSGAnn2014

Let us know tomorrow how things are going, please little friend!

I have 3 depression/anxiety/crazy pills I take daily, I've been taking for 3 years now since the death of my son. I NEED them to be functional for myself and my family.

My psychiatrist emphasized that I must take all of my meds as prescribed because the surgery is such a shock to your body that your mental state needs to stay consistent.

For people with MDD (major depressive disorder) and the such, it can be dangerous to not have your proper doses.

This is one reason I chose sleeve over band, and I thankfully have been able to swallow all of them since the day after surgery.

I know surgery is overall a positive experience, as you know there are major ups and downs even within one day. And add regular life to that ....

As everyone else said, please take the meds and get in touch with your doctor if needed.

Thank you all so much, feel much better knowing there are others who understand. I love my husband but he isn't the best support in talking about this because he has no idea how the anxiety/rage/craziness feels! I started awhile ago on them when someone close in my family suddenly died. Was off of them for awhile when pregnant (twice) but after 2nd baby I needed to go back on...

Little one will be 1yr old in a few weeks! AHH!!! :)