Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMs sorf covered before unable to find in search

Hello, I know that bowel movements in the beginning maybe delayed. I am just curious on after having the procedure how many and how often do you go. I am asking due to the fact that I realized this morning that it is over two weeks since I have gone. I just started purées Sunday, and even though it is not much, I thought that it would have been enough to bring on a BM. Thank you for any advice you choose to share.

I'm nearly two months out and I'm still not regular. Something will happen here and there on it's own, maybe every other day or so, but I usually drink a cup of Smooth Moves tea every week or two just to make sure I get everything out every once and a while. I haven't found that I've been so uncomfortable at any point that I've wanted to resort to harsh chemicals or anything though. However, I do find myself pushing more than I'd like when I have poo without the tea. I've been thinking of trying to supplement some Fiber and see if that helps.

I was only going maybe once a week maybe the first month. I didn't feel real uncomfortable from it but I didn't feel great in the gut either. When I saw my doctor at 1 month he told me to add more Fiber into my diet (fruit/veggies) and to take a stool softener (recommended Colace) twice a day until I was more regular then cut it back to once a day. Worked good for me. I also started taking 2-3 Gummy fibers before bedtime.

Thank you who knows and gingersnap for the replies. I will definitely look into the tea and fiber gummies. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Have a good day.

I had an issue when I went on soft foods. Not drinking enough Water (which I'm guilty of) will aggravate Constipation. I got so bad after about 5 days that I was physically ill. I got the Wild Cherry flavor of milk of magnesia & it worked wonders. Also, I don't know about your NUT but mine said no gummies of any kind. My surgeon said the same thing. You might want to ask your NUT before using them. I think they are a great idea & definitely taste better than other Vitamins & minerals.

Don't let your constipation go to long or you will end up with an impaction & I understand that is not a good thing. It will require an ER visit.

I am going to try that tea too. Sounds like a great idea.