Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, after weeks of slow wt. loss followed by a stall when I started weight training, I asked my daughter to hide my scale and not return it even if I beg for it! I tested her this weekend and she did not give in! She will give it back in at least 2 weeks but I think I might not take it back. I would love to see a big loss for once even if it takes a few weeks of not checking! Can I find it if I try to look for it? Sure. It's my house and I know every inch of it but who will I be hurting?

Clothes are fitting loser. I feel so much energy, more than I have felt in years! Why worry about the number on the scale?

This too "stall" pass! lol.

YEAH--YOU CAN GET INTO THE NUMBER GAME--BUT TRY NOT TO --ITS HARD THO--BUT I GO TO GYM AND HAVE A TRAINER AND YOU COULD BE BUILDING MUSCLE.....BUT KEEP GOING

I too am a scale addict, and decided today to weigh once a week. Kudos to your daughter for being so strong! :)

Yes! I had my husband do the same thing.

There are other ways to judge if you're losing weight - take pictures and take your measurements. That's a good indicator when you're not seeing the scale move!

Best of luck to you

I gave up my scale over a year ago........ Only weigh once every six weeks at my doctor appointments....... Have lost every single month, from anywhere as little as 2 pounds to as much as 11 pounds..... I don't see the stalls or the daily fluctuations due to Water retention, etc. It was VERY LIBERATING!

Edited by HealthyNewMe

My bf has threatened to hide my scales (he hasn't yet...but he said if I keep weighing daily he will take it away and only let me have it on Mondays...so I can weigh in for the Labor Day challenge)

So I'm trying to be good. I just love watching the numbers go down. For so long they didn't.

I wish someone would throw my scale away! I try to move it somewhere inconvenient on myself but I just end up going and getting it. I feel chained to it. I weigh myself 2-3 times a day. I know I shouldn't and it can drive me nuts...but I can't stop! I am seriously thinking about throwing the stupid thing in the garbage. Even when I am consistently losing it just plays with my head.

Good luck to you. Sounds like you are getting a better perspective on things!

There will come a day when you will weight yourself at least twice a day and each time feel absolutely invigorated and motivated....

I went to see my cardiologist today....got on the scale and YES!

take that and add a BP of 106/60, and a pulse of 60....not bad, not bad at all is all the Dr. could say.

In my opinion this is definitely the way to go. I don't own a scale my husband threw it away right before I had the surgery because I knew I would be on it multiple times a day and would end u gettng discouraged so for the past 15 months the only time I weigh is when I go in for my monthly check-ups. It's so nice to see that bigger number on the scale PLUS you don't see those little ups and downs and stalls that get your mind in a frenzy. For me I think this was the best thing I could've done for myself!! Keep up the good work!

Edited by enjoythetime

I have to admit, I weigh every day and I like it. Yes, I get frustrated when the number is the same or it's even crept up a little (YIKES) but it keeps me honest and makes me more focused on what I'm eating. When I went through a period where I really felt like I was in stall and I felt so frustrated. So, I did a little chart and figured out I've been steadily losing 2 pounds a week for the last 3 weeks. If I were weighing only once a week I wouldn't have felt like I was in a stall at all.

So, even though I weigh every day and think it helps me, it would have also been good if I were only weighing once a week because I wouldn't have felt like I was stalled.

I made the decision in the beginning to only weigh at my Dr appts, at least until I get to maintenance. There have been times when I feel weak and want to know how much I have lost but the universe hid my scale. I saw it somewhere in the house before surgery but now I cannot find it anywhere. It will be two months between my last weigh in and next weigh in and I'm a little anxious.

I was weighing myself almost daily during the pre-op diet and just after surgery. Then, I realized I wasn't doing myself any favors, so now only weigh every few days or so. I don't weigh on a schedule, just whenever I happen to think about it now, never more than twice a week. Giving up the daily weigh-ins was very liberating!

I put my scale up this weekend. I will weigh myself several times a day if given the opportunity. After 3 days of not weighing, I broke down and did it this morning. I have lost 4 pounds, I am so happy. Scale is back in the closet and that's where it will be until next week. I have a doctor's appointment every week this month. S I will see plenty of their scales. Mine is the only one that tells the truth.

Haha, I had my boyfriend hide my scale a couple weeks ago too! I'll have him pull it out once a week once this Halloween challenge starts but that's it! Believe me, I've looked for it but he is good and I'm glad I can't find it!