Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

unkind drs

Went to see a dr about my knees and his first questions was... omg, you must eat ALOT, how much so you eat?!. I almost broke down into tears right there but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. Anyone have any problems like this?

Omg I hope you walked out how inappropriate how damaging. One hell of a bedside manner.

If I were upset as you sound is be on the AMA website and filing appropriate complaint and finding a new doc who can relate to my knee condition with the compassion required of a physician.

What an ahole

And call your insurance and file a quality of care complaint too. Call customer service

Wow, I have not had anything like that happen. Sorry that doc was such an ass. You handled that very well.

I am so so sorry you had such an awful experience. That was extremely unprofessional and uncalled for. Besides the resources mentioned above, I would also contact the organization that employs the doctor. I think some sensitivity training is definitely necessary. You are a strong person and I admire your ability to handle the situation so well.

My primary doctor once told me I had a big heavy body. I still hear her voice in my head. I still feel hurt by her words. I don't believe she was being deliberately hurtful, but her words hurt. I do have a big heavy body and I'm well aware of it. Hearing her say it made me feel worst about myself.

You'll find them every where! The real trick is to not let them get away with it! It is up to you to walk out and or bitch slap them in the head....No but you can picture it and laugh in front of her/him! And then turn serious and walk the hell out..Then make the calls and call him/her a rat bastard!

Did I say that!?

You'll find them every where! The real trick is to not let them get away with it! It is up to you to walk out and or b***h slap them in the head....No but you can picture it and laugh in front of her/him! And then turn serious and walk the hell out..Then make the calls and call him/her a rat bastard! Did I say that!?

lol...yes RJ...that was your outside voice.

You'll find them every where! The real trick is to not let them get away with it! It is up to you to walk out and or b***h slap them in the head....No but you can picture it and laugh in front of her/him! And then turn serious and walk the hell out..Then make the calls and call him/her a rat bastard! Did I say that!?

lol...yes RJ...that was your outside voice.

Not me, not me...lol

He is the only dr I could get to do xrays so he might get me to step 2 of the insurance auterization package. So I'm ignoring his rudeness for now.

Well if he gets you where you need to be go for it...But at the end he is going to treat others the same way he treated you. Imagine if that was your mom or your daughter. You would lose it...In the end when you are where you want to be..I think you need to talk to him and let him know your rights as a fellow human being and let him know what he did and the way you felt....

I just recently did that to a Dr. that did not give a rats behind about me because of my weight in the past. I had to see him again and he was so nice it made me want to puke. He remembered me just a little but did not remember treating me with such rudeness. Selective memories....Don't leave it as long as I did. As when I talked to him the entire conversation was way over his head.... :(

He is the only dr I could get to do xrays so he might get me to step 2 of the insurance auterization package. So I'm ignoring his rudeness for now.

I don't understand. There are more doctors part of your insurance plan. I would find someone else

While hearing things like this is hard, for all of us here it is/was the truth. I had a doctor years ago that his main solution to many of my complaints was losing weight. While it was hard to hear it, I knew it was the truth.

You can take your X-rays to another doctor at anytime!

I was meeting a new primary care doctor for the first time and he said, "You? You don't need blood pressure pills. Look what you look like! Lose a hundred pounds and come back in six months, all your problems will be gone". I got angry and responded "I came her for medical care, not for personal training" and left in a huff. I tried filing a complaint but was told I had no 'proof'.