Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric advantage chew bites

Does anyone use the Bariatric Advantage Calcium chew bites? If so how far out were you using them? I am now 6 weeks out using the chewable which I can't stand. I am being told by my Dr the chew bites are recommended for over 3 months out. Not sure if I can do another 6 weeks of the nasty chewable.

I didnt take Calcium til 3 months out, dr told me it was up to me and 3 months without a supplement wouldn't hurt. now i take some giant pill twice a day. citrical.

I used Bariatric Advantage Chews for three months right from the beginning. Loved them. Hate the horse pills I have to take now.

Does anyone use the Bariatric Advantage Calcium chew bites? If so how far out were you using them? I am now 6 weeks out using the chewable which I can't stand. I am being told by my Dr the chew bites are recommended for over 3 months out. Not sure if I can do another 6 weeks of the nasty chewable.

Have you tried the chewables in caramel flavor? I think they are delicious! Just like eating candy to me. I look forward to them everyday. I didn't care for the other flavors I tried.

The Carmel chews are the ones I wanted to switch to at my 6 week appt but my Dr office recommends I stay on the chewable (wild cherry) ones that taste like chalk till I am 3 months post op. They said something like they are worried the chew bites since they are like taffy are a choking hazard. Just can't understand if I am now cleared for regular food why they are so worried about me using a Calcium chew. I really want to switch. Just wanted to see if anyone else was told the same.

I took the chews right after surgery, the surgeon's office carried them and they were great. My two favorites were raspberry and lemon but IMO they are kind of expensive. Celebrate Vitamins has soft chews and the lemon flavor is amazing and they are cheaper so I use Celebrate lemon chews in the am and Bariatric Advantage raspberry chews at night...works great for me.

Why take 2 different brands?

Why take 2 different brands?

I do it because I already order all of my other Vitamins from Celebrate and I love their lemon chews but I like the variety of the Bariatric Advantage. Celebrate is way cheaper too, it's super easy for me though because my surgeon's office carries the Bariatric Advantage so I just buy the raspberry from there and get the lemon chews every 90 days with the rest of my Vitamins from Celebrate. I just don't like the sweeter Calcium for some weird reason which are the only other flavors that Celebrate offers besides the lemon. I just like to save money and think the lemon chews from Celebrate are just as good as the Bariatric Advantage chews...hopefully they will come out with more flavors soon so I can stop spending the extra on the BA calcium.

Thanks for the info. Will definitely look into it and compare prices. I have to take them 3 times a day so cheaper will be nicer for sure.

Thanks for the info. Will definitely look into it and compare prices. I have to take them 3 times a day so cheaper will be nicer for sure.

No problem :) Also, the other flavors of Celebrate chews aren't nasty so if you like sweets I'd give it a try...I just like fruity Vitamins lol. I think the reason they are so much cheaper is because you can buy them in bulk.

Celebrate Calcet Creamy Bites have 500mg of Calcium and are: $23.90 for 60

Celebrate chews have 250mg of Calcium and are: $11.75 for 60

Bariatric Advantage chews have 250mg of Calcium and are: $12.65 for 60

So, I guess they aren't significantly different..weird. I wonder if my surgeon raises the price for the BA chews in his office..

Edited by Beckyyb93

My office sells the BA as well but not sure of the cost for the chews. I have to do the 500mg 3 times a day so will have to find out the price to see what is a better deal.

My office sells the BA as well but not sure of the cost for the chews. I have to do the 500mg 3 times a day so will have to find out the price to see what is a better deal.

Wow, you should also keep in mind the sheer volume you will have to take in. Your tummy will be smaller and might not like having to eat 9 chews a day so you may want to find something with the 500mg in each bite. I hope you find something that works for you and most importantly tastes good!

My thoughts exactly. I buy the BA multi Vitamin already because it includes all the extra vitamin requirements for the day. It's a little pricey but then again I don't have to buy individual Vitamins either to add to it. Just have to compare the price to the convenience.

My thoughts exactly. I buy the BA multi Vitamin already because it includes all the extra vitamin requirements for the day. It's a little pricey but then again I don't have to buy individual Vitamins either to add to it. Just have to compare the price to the convenience.

I order my bariatric vitamins from their website. They are cheaper than in the docs office. I use the 500 mg also. I only haven to take 2 a day now. I have used some of the Celebrate products and they are cheaper. Their caramel chews dont taste as good as BA tho. And i cant stand the taste of their chewable Multivitamins. BA's aren,t delicous, but much better than celebrates. I only use their sublingual presently. They are ok. You can also get some BA from Amazon. Their chewables are more exspensive than BA's website.

My thoughts exactly. I buy the BA multi Vitamin already because it includes all the extra Vitamin requirements for the day. It's a little pricey but then again I don't have to buy individual Vitamins either to add to it. Just have to compare the price to the convenience.

I order my bariatric Vitamins from their website. They are cheaper than in the docs office. I use the 500 mg also. I only haven to take 2 a day now. I have used some of the Celebrate products and they are cheaper. Their caramel chews dont taste as good as BA tho. And i cant stand the taste of their chewable multivitamins. BA's aren,t delicous, but much better than celebrates. I only use their sublingual presently. They are ok. You can also get some BA from Amazon. Their chewables are more exspensive than BA's website.

Everyone is so different! I love Celebrate's Multivitamin and hate BA's. I think it will just take trial and error..