Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for my sleeve on 7/21 looking for a few support buddies. I just purchased the last item to go into my hospital bag and now I'm really getting nervous about it all. That combined with being on liquids will do a number on you mentally.

Looking forward to the future!

Hi!

I am also July 21st!! I am ready to get this party started. LOL. I am right in the middle of my 2 week pre op diet. The first few days were a little rough for me but I am trying to throw myself into work to pass the time. I need to pack my bag and pick up some things for my post op diet. Let's stay in touch. I am definitely look for a few buddies to make this journey with.

@@wwiggins this is awesome. a support system makes everything more enjoyable. I see that you are also in NC. I am in Morrisville and you in Mooresville how funny is that? I only had a one week required pre-op but I started last week with a shake for Breakfast and lunch. This week I will be on all liquids and the brain is telling me "no".

July 21 right here! I have been doing very well on my one week pre-op liquid diet and the excitement/anticipation is killing me!! I can't wait for this new chapter in my life. I'm sure you know the feeling :)

My life will also be changing on July 21st! I, too, am starting to feel a bit anxious, yet SO excited. I am most nervous about how my almost 2 year old will handle me not being able to pick her up for a whole month...are any of you going to be in a similar situation?

I just got the call and I have to be there at 6:45 Monday morning. The surgery should start at 8:45. I am the first one scheduled! Aaahhh!

Hopefully this means I'll be up and trying to walk by the afternoon. I am guessing this depends on how smooth the procedure is and how my body takes to it.

Omg! I can't believe it's that time after all this preparation!

That's awesome! I have to be there at 530am and my procedure is at 7am. I am very excited! Has anyone's weight been fluctuating up and down on the pre op? I am 2 lbs heavier today that yesterday and I did not cheat at all.

I'm also doing this on July 21st. My Dr is having me do the liquid for 3 days prior. Does anyone have idea on what to put in the chixken broth to make it taste better? I have no idea what to pack in my hospital bag. What is everyone else taking?

@@wwiggins I just got a call to be there at :530 too! Omg this is so real! I have so much I need to do today. I haven't even packed my bag yet!

@@mikferr I am packing my bag today. I have purchased gas X strips, Vitamin c lozenges, chapstick, I'll take my regular toiletries and then a sun dress to wear home. Oh I'm also taking my heating pad and a small firm pillow, and some slippers with the slip resistance at the bottom to walk in. Oh and bc I'm first thay day I'll need to find something to keep me occupied if I'm awake!

There is a forum that you can't print a "what to take to the hospital" list off of that was very helpful to me.

Good luck all its not far now!

I need to get my bag ready. I lives about 5 minutes from the hospital but I am sure I will be there extra early. Let the countdown begin!

Hi all! I am getting ready and nervous about Monday. I'm packing my toiletries, chap stick, a pillow, my iPad, a timer (so I can keep track of when to walk and drink), some magazines, and socks. I will be going to the hospital at 8:30, so at least I won't be waiting long when my day starts. I'm ready to get it over. I'm also having a hiatal hernia repaired, so the surgeon said it would take a total of about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

My liquid diet has been going surprisingly well. My favorite drink is the EAS low carb Protein drinks. I've tried a few others, but this is the best flavor to me.

Good luck everyone! Let's all post to see how it went.

Well, I had my surgery yesterday. Everything went well. I had a hiatal hernia repair and gastric sleeve. I'm back at home today and hurting some...mainly from gas. I've read that the first 3 days are the worst, so one more bad day to go, hopefully. I'm ready for these 3 days to be over with.

I had mine yesterday too and have been real sick They aren't going to let me come home today cuz I can't get fluids down and when I do the come right back up :(