Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to sleeve, same op, August 12th !

Hi all, this is my first post on here. I'm having the sleeve on the 12th of August. I'm (hopefully) going from band to sleeve (same op) had the band 10 years ago was 136kg, got down to 90kg, now back up to 110kg. Bands not working for me anymore. I'm 37 and 182cm. Anybody else gone band to sleeve in the same op ?

I am having a band removal, hernia repair, and gastric sleeve on August 5th. Planning on one surgery - but I guess I won't know until I wake up! Good luck to you!

Hi I'm having band to sleeve Aug 4th and I too am hoping for one surgery. :-) Best wishes to you both

I'm having band to sleeve done on August 6th too =)

I hope all goes well for us all ! I had a dream that I had the sleeve and the next week they found a miraculous cure for obesity ! One injection of the skinny gene haha would be just my luck !

I really want to pull out and cancel the op, it's just pre-op nerves, I cancelled my band op twice as well ! Damn nerves !!! I'm just worried about a leak and bad reflux. That is all :-)

Edited by johnsydney

I had it all in one on 6/18. I was worries I would wake up with no sleeve due to the scar tissue but thank go I had very little (banded in 2008 ) and my dr was able to remove it all. I was nervous about a leak as well but I knew I had to have the surgery so I could get back to heathy. Good luck to you all on your upcoming surgeries.

Edited by stacielynntate

I too am praying I don't have to have 2 sergury's. doc says he won't know until he goes in. So we'll see. starting to get a few butterflies of excitement.

I am having my band to sleeve on Aug 7th, all in one surgery is planned and I sure hope I wake up that way. I am so excited, this time next week I will be post opt.

I was thinking today about how it was after my band surgery (2007). Remember the few weeks after, had to be on liquids, and not fill in your band. OMG that was so hard, but I never cheated once. The head hunger about drove me crazy. I hear after this surgery you have no hunger, maybe some head. The hardest part is getting in your liquids. Is this what you have heard?

Wish you all the best of luck!!

Laura

I am having my band to sleeve on Aug 7th, all in one surgery is planned and I sure hope I wake up that way. I am so excited, this time next week I will be post opt. I was thinking today about how it was after my band surgery (2007). Remember the few weeks after, had to be on liquids, and not fill in your band. OMG that was so hard, but I never cheated once. The head hunger about drove me crazy. I hear after this surgery you have no hunger, maybe some head. The hardest part is getting in your liquids. Is this what you have heard? Wish you all the best of luck!! Laura

I am now 6 weeks out from my surgery and haven't not had the hungry feeling yet and I'm still on liquids and soft food. I have had a hard time with the Protein and liquids but getting better as time goes by. I found using crystal light to flavor my Water I drink more. Good luck to you next week.

HI ALL THIS IS MY FIRST POST. I HAD THE BAND BACK IN 2012. NOT SUCCESSFUL. HOWEVER, 2 WEEKS AGO TODAY (JULY 18TH) I GOT THE SLEEVE.

i WENT BACK TO WORK IN LESS THAN A WEEK. MINOR COMPLICATIONS. I AM STRUGGLING WITH THE liquid DIET. I CANNOT DRINK AS MUCH AS THE DOCTOR ORDERED. UGHHH .. HOW IS EVERYONE TODAY?

I salute and congratulate you all, for pressing forward on your journey!!! Best wishes to all and God bless!!!!

Yikes ! This time next week I'll be sleeved !!! Panic setting in lol :-)

Would love to know how everyone's surgery went, any complications. I'm hoping for surgery on 25/26 aug band to sleeve. Frightened but excited. Having it done in Mexico. Will be very happy to see the last of this band.