Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Experiences with Phentermine?

22 minutes ago, Stacy0430 said:

Do any of you exercise consistently? No judgement here. I am just pre surgery and becoming very concertned that the surgery is not very useful if everyone is gaining weight post surgery and needing medications to lose weight I'm confused...

This surgery gives you a chance to change your relationship with food. If you don't do the work, the results will not be that great long term. You have to decide if you are ready for making lasting change.

Do any of you exercise consistently? No judgement here. I am just pre surgery and becoming very concerned that the surgery is not very useful if everyone is gaining weight post surgery and needing medications to lose weight I'm confused...

Yes, I am active daily. An average week I walk about 15-20 miles outside on a track for exercise. I have been on Vyvanse for almost two months with a monitored diet (low carb, no caffeine, high Protein based) and I have lost almost 21 lbs so far. And I still have high bp and it hasn't had any bad effect on it so far. I'm still on the starting dose. My insurance won't pay for the surgery so I can't speak for those who have had it and are now having problems. I am beginning to understand what I have been doing wrong for so many years. I lost 100 lbs two years ago with diet and hard work (exercise too) and then I became careless. I do not want to be 250 lbs again. Ever!

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, Stacy0430 said:

Do any of you exercise consistently? No judgement here. I am just pre surgery and becoming very concerned that the surgery is not very useful if everyone is gaining weight post surgery and needing medications to lose weight I'm confused...

Can only speak for myself--the only exercise I do is walking at my job (which can get up to 1.5 miles a day), since the temperatures here in Texas have been brutal this summer (106 the other day) and I don't have access to a gym.

I had the surgery in 2014 and lost about 65 lbs post op. It was worth it. Medications are not needed to lose the weight, and I think phentermine is horrible for you. We had a Dr. start us on that and a more competent Dr. took us off it, saying it was dangerous. The surgery should work for you as long as you follow the "rules"; i.e. no drinking carbonated beverages, following the dietary guidelines, trying not to have Water with meals, etc.

I started taking uppers in general in the form of ephedrine throughout my 20's, in the end, I was manic, short all the time didn't lose weight and had more energy to eat and be pissed off. I did try phentermine about 4 times in 10 years and it lent to my psychotic break. Had I not been on any type of uppers I believe I would not have started cutting myself to shreds. Now 4 years healed of self-harm I must live with the scars as a reminder of that awful time of poor choices. I do not recommend phen or any other stimulant from caffeine pills, bitter orange, to ephedrine (still behind the counter) to Rx uppers for myself they lead to a dead end.

Now that I've had the sleeve done, I'm not speeding out of my skull and thinking about what I eat and also confronting the issues that I was masking with bloody arms, uppers, and overeating.

Edited by Hannah83

I took this pill and it had my heart racing o much I went to the er but this pill works I just went to my doctor again to get a lower mg see how that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took it and was very successful the first time. I lost about 40 pounds and became super fit. I had no side effects, although I did gain a small amount of weight back after. Then I got pregnant and gained 50 pounds, which then started an endless cycle of taking phentermine, losing, then gaining even more back. After a few times, I started to have side effects that included anxiety, fatigue (strangely enough) and chest pains. That was enough for me, I would rather be chubby than feel that bad. I decided enough was enough, so I am in the process to get the VSG.

Height: 5’6
BMI: 37
SW: 241
GW: 150-160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

Contrave

And I , children, had a totally idiosyncratic reaction, took it for a month and GAINED 30,POUNDS! Yeah my PCP and I couldn't believe it either, said if he'd heard it related by another doctor, he would have thought it a joke. But he knew me and I had all my food intakes and exercises charted also. So he wrote it down as idiopathic. This is a neat medical term for. " Duh, I don't know what caused it either!"👈😛👉

Okay tell me your experiences with Vyvanse. We've heard,of Contrave and Phenteramine testimony. How about your experiences with All I or Orlistat?

Bad for blood pressure and gain weight as soon as u go off of it. My friend did it and know she has the hardest time getting weight off since she did do it so many years ago. She said it totally messed up her system and changed it

Phentermine will help you lose weight fast... if you can deal with the side effects. Every woman I know who took it was a raging witch on it, including myself. I second that it is basically speed. After so many months, your body gets used to it and it loses its effectiveness. WLS is by far more successful long term than phentermine

I had a family member take this med. While they lost a lot of weight they also had mood and mental changes that we believe the med contributed to. As soon as she went off, she was back to normal 6 weeks later

I took phentermine right before I scheduled my surgery (surgery 7/23/18). I took it for 14 weeks and lost 15lbs.my doctor stated the FDA does not recommend more than 12w without a break, so I stopped and immediately gained weight back. It was a great appetite suppressant, only side effect was dry mouth but it wasn’t so bad bc it made me drink more water!