Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 6: May 27-31st Sleevers

Happy Easter! How is everyone doing? It is so quiet here these days.

~Suzzann

Its been such a long time it seems since i have come in here...i guess like everyone the honey moon is over. My head is wired wrong again, i want to eat crap ...and now i can, i really feel like i am going to gain back all this weight. What is wrong with me??? In a 2 days will be the one year aniversary of me starting this journey ( i was on the shake for a month, and i feel that was tougher than the surgery)

I am so ashame that not even a year has passed and my head is back to s year ago wondering all the time what i could eat and of course not exercising...i am so fucked, and i cant find it in me to get back on track

Hi everyone,

Wow kudos and thanks to all you hardcore peeps keeping this board going. I can relate with so much of what you have shared! I sure wasn't checking in and it's no wonder I fell off the wagon hard. I became pregnant in feb and lost it at 7 weeks so for two months I ate with reckless abandoned and blamed hormones. Afterwards I ate with reckless abandoned and blamed grief and hormones. I had gotten down to 213, but then through this had gained to 232, which is crazy to think can happen in just a short 3 months even with the sleeve. Today, I'm now on the fourth day of <50 carbs, back to basics and coming in at 222.

May is coming and I'm feeling sad I've "wasted" so many months of my "easy losing time" and I'm way below what I would have hoped for for expected loss. But I can only control what I do today and so that will just have to be enough.

At least I've stopped losing my hair, and I have like 1" sprigs pointing out on my part in all directions from it coming back. :P

I guess when no one has good news they hâve nothing to say.

I am sad, i thought i had found thé solution, however i dont see how this can sustain a long term. My head was good for 6 months but now Its back to where it was. Motivation is not there.

Let me Know how you see this working for you in thé next year. I dont

Hi all. The Facebook group we had started still goes on. I think most of us slowed down to a crawl or stopped losing by February. I know my body kept changing for awhile but I haven't lost any weight in awhile. My doc wasn't all about suddenly becoming a perfect eater or someone who magically started working out. He fixed portion size. I certainly can eat double what I used to but it's much easier to control if I go crazy. If you are gaining track your calories and find out where they are going. It's impossible for me to eat a big dinner but Snacks and candy go down easy. Lol. So if I stick with meat it's simple to not eat much. If I have a bad day and I'm up a pound I just back off the snacking the next day and it goes back down. There is no "hunger" like before so it's more of a head thing on wanting to eat. The sleeve helps when I want to eat a cookie or a piece of cake- I eat one cookie not the bag, and half a piece of cake or something and can't really stomach more. I love the sleeve. I'd do it again in a minute! I'm down 115.

It is feeling like life is normal again. I have stopped losing I think but am happy where I am setting. I do weigh myself every morning and I seem to sit in a 3 pound range. I find that I can eat a bit more and I do like a bite or two of something sweet. My stomach still fusses some. Two days ago, I enjoyed a small pear - let me clarify, my mouth REALLY enjoyed that pear; my tummy was not on the same page.

Niquee: There have been a couple of days where I just had Water and Protein shakes to pull back on what I was eating and regain my strength.

Lylabelle: I never could find yall on Facebook.< /p>

Not much activity for May 2014 sleevers. I'm going to post anyway. I am beyond happy with my journey. I became the happiest when I let go of the idea of hitting goal at a year. That's just not realistic for me even with the sleeve. But at 1 year and 4 months out 20lbs from personal goal looks a lot better than 100 I had to lose to begin with! My weight loss came to a screeching halt around February. But my body changed a whole lot during that time. Then finally in August I had a big (to me and being so far out from surgery) drop. 3lbs went somewhere. The best part is it wasn't expected. It has got me motivated again though and makes me so thankful that I was able to get this surgery done. I am proud that over a year out I had not gained any weight back. In fact I am still losing slow but sure. I will take whatever I can get. Slow and steady. All I know is for the first time ever I like to buy cloths. I wear dresses ALL the time. ( I never wore them before). I love summer finally because I can wear tank tops and not be self conscious for the first time ever!!! So many new things and I'm not taking any of it for granted. I have energy, I don't get out of breath just walking in a parking lot from the car to the store. Body aches are almost all gone. This surgery was a blessing and a gift. I hope you all are doing well and are as happy as I am with the journey!

Edited by teshadb

I feel like I am comfortable with where I am at. It is not difficult to maintain (at this point anyway). I am so happy that I did this! Since I had my sleeve my brother had one and my son - both very successful. Any body here have any thoughts about having plastic surgery? I had my first consult and felt pretty good about it. Thinking about maybe next year but the time off of work is an issue.

I would love to do it but I struggle with the unnecessary risk. I had an infection of some sort with the sleeve surgery was in the hospital 8 days so now I am afraid that could happen again. Insurance doesn't really cover plastic surgery. I was going to self pay for the sleeve if I didn't get approved. 25000 I could deal with that. Well with all my unexpected issues and hospital stay I now fear the unexpected happening with an elective surgery. It ended up being 67,000 dollars. Thankfully I did not have to pay. If something goes wrong in plastic surgery i'd be screwed!!!

Edited by teshadb