Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hiatal Hernia Program - True Results

Hi there! Hoping that some of you can help calm some of the nervous I have. I started my process through True Result Richardson last month. I have Cigna insurance and they won't cover my LapBand surgery because my BMI is not higher then 40. True results has instead recommended that I see if I have a Hiatal Hernia, if I do then insurance will cover almost have. If I don't I have to pay for all of it.

Long story short I have my upper GI scheduled for July 8th. I'm super nervous! I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the Hiatal Hernia program.

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Tatiana

Yes I went thru True Results in Austin.

My insurance did not cover

Good news is 95% people have hernias so .... I did and my insurance kicked in

I paid the difference gif the lapband 3700 and make $108 payments a month otherwise I rituals have to have paid 9900

As bad as it sounds... Fingers crossed. I'm sure it will all work out.

As bad as it sounds... Fingers crossed. I'm sure it will all work out.

I prayed for a hernia. Lol

Yes, I had my surgery with True Results Houston. The doctor repaired the hernia and then placed the band. I have Aetna so they of course covered the surgery part but not the band. I'm still paying on that LOL but it's worth it. I'm three and a half years post op. Good luck to you.

That's great! I'm sure it will all be worth it in the long run. Pretty much just ready to know if I have this hernia or not. Just two more days and I will know. Thanks for your reply.

I'm also scheduled for that procedure thru true results in Houston. Yes I have Cigna as well. My procedure to see if I have the hernia is July 28th. I'm super excited to start the journey to a better me. Please let me know how it went for you. Good luck tomorrow!

I'm also scheduled for that procedure thru true results in Houston. Yes I have Cigna as well. My procedure to see if I have the hernia is July 28th. I'm super excited to start the journey to a better me. Please let me know how it went for you. Good luck tomorrow!

Congratulations on your dentition! I'm not going to lie I'm kinda nervous. Hopefully everything goes as planned. I will defiantly let you know. Hopefully they will let me know right away.

Just got back home from my EGD. First time ever being under anesthesia. That was kinda crazy but everything went good. She let me know right away that I in fact do have a Hiatal Hernia. To be honest they seem to be sure that I had the hernia even before my test. Here we go! I start pre op diet in 2 days and surgery on the 24th!

Wonderful, you are on your way! I can't say that I'm looking forward to the pre-op diet but I'm surely looking forward to getting off the Water pill for hypertension, less knee pain, lower A1C and getting my life back again.

Wonderful, you are on your way! I can't say that I'm looking forward to the pre-op diet but I'm surely looking forward to getting off the Water pill for hypertension, less knee pain, lower A1C and getting my life back again.

Yes! I can not wait. I literally have 2 more days and I have to start my new life. Kind of crazy! I can't wait for you to start your journey. It really is a whole new life. As much as I'm dreading getting started I'm also trying to look at my pre op diet in a positive way just trying to get myself prepared for life after the band is placed. Best of luck to you!

Hi Op.

I also have Cigna besides the hernia thing what other hoops are the having you jump? When did you start? How long did it take from the time of your first visit had it been?

Edited by kyrickchick64

Hi Op.

I also have Cigna besides the hernia thing what other hoods are the having you jump? When did you start? How long did it take from the time of your diary visit had it been

Okay how do you erase accidental double posts?

Hi Op. I also have Cigna besides the hernia thing what other hoops are the having you jump? When did you start? How long did it take from the time of your first visit had it been?

Hi. Thankfully there were really no hoops to jump through. Mostly just a lot of test. Had blood work and a test to check my heart and lungs the same day as my free first appointment on May 28th, then they did a body comp test, a phych eval, and the last test was my EGD on the 8th. I will be having surgery the 24th. So the whole process took about 2 months. It wasn't too bad. I have heard of of some that has gone a lot quicker. Good luck! Hope that helps.