Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I'm from Toronto :)

Was banded last June and it's my 1 year "bandiversary."

While I'm pleased with my 50lb weight loss, I can't help but compare myself to the many who have lost almost double that in the same time frame.

I'm proud of myself but always wonder what more I could have done...

I'm 32 and I still have 50lbs to lose.

Background: I didn't excercise, just ate smaller portions. Had regular adjustments (now 5.2). Going for another one on Wednesday.

Hi everyone, I'm from Toronto

Was banded last June and it's my 1 year "bandiversary."

While I'm pleased with my 50lb weight loss, I can't help but compare myself to the many who have lost almost double that in the same time frame.

I'm proud of myself but always wonder what more I could have done...

I'm 32 and I still have 50lbs to lose.

Background: I didn't excercise, just ate smaller portions. Had regular adjustments (now 5.2). Going for another one on Wednesday.

Congratulations on the 50Ibs loss. I do understand how you feel though. I was banded for 4 years myself. Lost and maintained a 60 lb loss. I too was at 5cc the majority of the time, didn't exercise as recommended etc. Ultimately, the discomfort of the port did it for me as I learned to eat around the discomfort of the restriction. I had it removed last April. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op with the sleeve now. It's hard not to compare yourself to others but I think you should be proud of how far you've come.

Hey 50lbs is 50lbs!!! So way to go! I had gastric so I don't know much about how quickly you're suppose to lose weight on the band. I do know, that if you can exercise you should. Even just walking everyday will make a difference in your weight loss and your physical appearance. Plus, it will make you feel so much better. If you have limited mobility you can still do exercises just sitting down, by using a stretch resistance band. And, like the other poster said, DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS!! I kept doing that and it made me feel crappy. I'm just happy with what I have accomplished!

Continue with the great work!

Congrats 50 lbs is great

Congrats on your 50 lb weight loss ! Great job ! My Dr. told me my weight loss would slow down as I got nearer my goal of 85 lbs. So true ! I lost 50 lbs the 1st 7 months , and then slowly took off 15 more. Now im trying to get off the last 20 for over a year. It's not happening ! And I exercise 3-5 x s a week ! However, I noticed you dont exercise, could this be the reason you ' re not loosing ? What do you like to do ? Pick 1 or more activities, stay with them and hopefully see the weight come off ! Good luck !

If I didn't exercise, I'd still be up around 230 lbs.

Guess if you want more out of it, you're probably going to need to put more into it. 50 lbs is a nice loss. I've lost 78, but I also exercise 4 to 5 days a week. If I exercised 6 to 7, I'd get even more out of it. Alot of people do it without exercise, but I couldn't.

50 lbs. is still significant. Don't compare yourself to others. Having said that, it's likely that you need to exercise and while you say you eat small portions, are you eating mostly Protein and veggies? Even small portions should be healthy choices. Have you spoken to a nut or the doctor to try to find out why you haven't lost more?

Hey wannabe healthy !

I like your name, it says it all. Loosing 50 pounds has put you in a healthier place, try not kicking yourself for wooda, shoulda , coulda, days gone by.

Today. This is where you are, in the moment, and recognizing this is your reality. They say the definition of crazy is doing the same thing, the same way, and expecting different results.

Choose your reality and work towards your goal in a different way. You are a smart, bright young woman and I believe you have it in you to do this. No one except you can make the change. All we can do, is cheer you on your way to success. Look in the mirror and tell that beautiful woman looking in your eyes, that you believe in her.

Hugs!

Congrats to you! Now, drop that "ONLY" in front of that 50!!!! 50lbs is nothing to hang your head about!! That's amazing! It's YOUR journey, and everyone loses at different paces! This isn't a race, this is for life. Keep up the great work! :D

50 pounds in one year is terrific! You did not start in the DeathFat range, after all, and your loss is completely aligned with your starting weight. Please give yourself a big pat on the back....because if you hadn't had surgery, I doubt you'd be celebrating a 50-lb loss today, right?

I think 50 pounds is awesome and congrats on that! If you want more you have to do more. I exersize 5-6 times a week. Even if it is just 40 minutes a day it helps. Good luck with the rest of your journey!

I am in the same boat as you. Paddle paddle paddling along. I look at it like this, I didn't gain my weight in one year and it won't take me just one year to lose it all and to be healthy.

My weight crept up and up over the years, and today my weight creeps lower and lower. I feel healthy and I look healthy. Not much saggy baggy skin to complain about. I go to the gym now, I lift weights but I'm not sore and hurting every single day and I don't want to be.

I don't like the idea of no pain no gain, after all I want to lose not gain right ;)

So I practice making a life style change every single day that will sustain me waaaay into the future. Not just in the foods I choose but in the way I eat them and don't eat them.

The way I move and don't move, and it takes some time. I'm not a light switch that goes on and off. I can tell myself today I'm going to eat right, but never understand what right is and why I am doing that today, when tomorrow comes and I'm under pressure or distracted and the old habits come back.

They do come back because they are just that habits, so I am working on not only breaking those habits but creating new and healthy ones to replace them. So it's second nature to reach for Water and not coffee when I need a pick me up. So I reach for Protein and not sugar when I am running low on steam around 3:00.

To choose to remember to eat Breakfast lunch and dinner at some point in my day and not shove all the calories in after work when it's more likely I'm going to rest and get to bed then it is for me to take a walk after dinner.< /p>

So 50 pounds in one year is GREAT! I say HOORAY for you! Keep up the good work, and I will be right there with ya!

I suggest taking the word "only" out of your vocabulary when talking about your weight loss. You won't feel excited about your weight loss if you are minimizing it. Get a barbell and weights that equal 50 lbs. and lift it! THAT's how MUCH you've lost! Congratulations!