Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed food problems

I find it hard to eat healthy on this puree stage and i'm SICK of Protein drinks. I have had some fine shredded chicken and turkey i just hope i don't cause anything to slip by eating shredded chicken. I've been tolerating it just fine though. I'm supposed to start soft foods on Wednesday. I do feel some restriction. I eat about 1/2c to a 1c of food in an hr and my first fill is scheduled for July 19.

Shredded chicken is one of the foods most of us struggle to eat. If you're adding some kind of sauce to it that would help it slide through the band but the reason for liquids and pureed this early is so your stomach doesn't have to work too hard to pass food through. You could cause the sutures holding the band in place to detach causing a slip if you eat solid food too soon.

Maybe you should follow your doctors orders so you don't injure yourself or the pouch?

Instead of the shredded chicken try the canned chicken and put light mayo in it. The canned chicken is more moist and the mayo will help it slide through the band. Try making your own pintos and cheese like you get at Taco Bell, I really loved that when I was on soft foods. I also got some frozen turkey meatballs and put them in the ninja with spaghetti sauce.

Good suggestions red! Even shredded meats can be puréed with broth, greens and fruit in the blender with Water or juice. Non flavor Protein in Soups, lentil Soup puréed ... The reason you are told to stick with the steps of your program is not to punish you, but to promote a successful surgical start, not tearing out sutures etc.

We've all been there, and we are here to pay it forward. I know I could not have walked this walk alone, you don't have to either. A month from now, that one more puréed something, will be a memory. One meal at a time one day at a time, one foot in front of the other. You can do this, believe it.

Thank you! I was just being stubborn. i gotta suck it up. pureed tuna for me today! i start soft food thursday.

I'm currently in the puréed stage to. I have steamed my vegies, puréed them, used a mini muffin pan and froze them. 1/2 cup is equal to 5 of those little portions. My meat portions this week have included lamb, chicken, steak and pork. So I have 4 vegies 1 meat. I don't freeze my meat though I cook as I need it, blitz it in the blender with some gravy. I'm finding this has been the easiest way for me, last mouthful and I'm done, not hungry after that. I'm also on scramble eggs, chicken and corn Soup, puréed fruit and low fat custard, all home made.

Edited by MrsNLB

I'm on my second week post op and for some reason today I was starving. I also went to work and did two clients, (I'm a hairdresser) which was probably not the best idea. In the morning around 8:30 I had a Protein Shake with half banana and almond milk which waters down the shake so it's not so thick. By 3 p.m. I was feeling ravenous and got a terrible Migraine headache. I finally made it home around 4:30 wanting to eat down the cabinets. I ended up making a eggbeater egg white omelet with no fat ranch dressing. It went down easily and it was completely satisfying.