Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leak Survivor & Pregnant

Hello Everyone,

I am about 18 months or more out from my sleeve, which was a complicated situation. I had a leak and other issues. Anyhow, due to my leak I was told my situation will always be different froma typical sleever. I am now pregnant and in my third trimester. A lot of irrational fears are starting to arise. I just wanted to see if I could reach out and connect with a fellow leaky sister, who has been pregnant since her leak or is currently.

Generally I am person who likes to be educated about almost anything I am involved in. I have found with the pregnancy/sleeve deal its best for me to have too much knowledge, because it leads to worry. Worry, is something that I do not need more of. This baby and I have endured test after test... This pregnancy has been one crazy ride and I want off! I can't wait to meet this little guy and be on the other side of pregnancy... back on the road to my more normal life.

Thank you for taking time to reach out! I look forward to chatting!

Best,

Sannah

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your baby! I do not know anything specific but rely on your ob/gyn and you should be fine.

Hi Sannah, Great to see you again! I'm not pregnant, (too old ;) ) but we were sleeved around the same time and remember you! Hope all is well with you and your upcoming arrival! How have you been in general?

Hello MichiganChic,

Thank you kindly for the congrats! We are so very excited to welcome a little boy into our lives. I feel and have felt like I needed this for my body and soul. I was told that when pregnant that our bodies sort of do damage control, if you will. I think my emotions needed this because it gives me a closing to one tough chapter and a happy start to a new chapter.

How have you been? How is life with your sleeve? According to your Body Weight Ticker, YOU have done amazing!!! Look at you!!! That is awesome! Have any NSV's? Phenonemial loss my friend!! :)

I am still very regretful of my sleeve. I have been in counseling and I am working to make peace with this decision. Life has not been the same since my sleeve. My health has actually been worse, than it was when I was 306lbs. Who is to say that If I stayed or gained it wouldn't be unhealthy. But overall, I feel as if, I have never really made it to a 'healthy' status. At a year and a half out, I was still not able to keep nourishment (food/liquid) down. This is attitritubed to the masses that are in my sleeve, and the potential of my vagal nerve being damaged or cut. I have been on so many medicines and combinations to try and keep nourishment down that its not funny.

A few months ago, I let it all go! I decided what will be, will be. I would like for my body to be in its natural state. So, I no longer take medicine to keep nourishment down. Labs show sign of malnourishment. I find that If I keep my spirit in the right place I manage pretty good. So, I do my best everyday to eat, drink and take my Vitamins. :) One day at a time! I've got this!

My kidneys have struggled a lot through the leak and they are still an issue. I see the nephrologist regulary. It's painful to endure, but like everything else... I take it a day at time and keep my mind in the right place.

I hope that you're having a good Sunday! I look forward to an update on your life with the sleeve!

Best,

Sannah

Oh mama!!! Congrats on your sweet baby! We were sleeved around the same time and I remember your story vividly! I just gave birth to my post-sleeve munchkin on 5/1. I'm here if you ever want to chat about anything!

Ashleine!!

That is so exciting!!! ????Is this your first? How are you feeling and doing? Did you have a boy or girl? How's baby?

So, happy to hear from you. ???? My sleeve experience has been less than desirable. I am using the Bariatric Pals App on my iPhone. Do you test at all? Wondering if I can send you a private message of sorts with my number? Not to familiar with this app, but I am going to try and figure it out.

My first pregnancy even at 120lbs heavier was a breeze. This second time around... It's very challenging. I am in the third trimester and things are easing a bit. Other than I am passing a lot of kidney stones and I can't seem to keep infection out of my kidneys. I believe this is my fifth diagnoses of kidney infection and round of antibiotics. I fear not much is changing. It hurts internally when I try to urinate. I see my OB tomorrow and I am going to talk to her about this. I also see a peranatoligist, and I am being closely watched.

I am SO thrilled and excited to meet this little guy. We are naming him Sven Thoreau.

I hope your doing well!

I had a boy as well :). Baby Emmett is doing well- reflux (ughhhhh), but well! He's 2 months old now (how is that possible?!?). He is baby number 4. And I agree- pregnancy was easier when I was bigger! But- the complications I had can't be blamed on the surgery. I had hyperemesis and violently threw up (despite zofran and phenergan) from week 5-30ish. And I had pre-term labor from 24 weeks on (my uterus hates boys apparently). I was on procardia every 6 hours from that point until 36 weeks with a couple bouts of bed rest. At the very end I was having problems from low blood pressure (darn being healthy for once). I got your message! I will send you my number as soon as the app stops being silly!

Ashelaine,

Goodness gracious!!! Curious if the sleeve makes us vomit so much with pregnancy. I was in the same boat, but finally got relief. I used promethaZine, Zofran, transderm patch, and one other medicine. I finally decided what ever natural processes were occur are meant to take place. I stopped all medicine. As you know, it was miserable and at times I bearable. I am finally having relief. food aversion is a huge issue for me. Currently I manage to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. I can and love to drink mineral Water, with lime in it. This is my first time since my sleeve being able to swallow Water without it causing pain. It's so peaceful and great! I would be so thrilled if this ability hung around.

With HG, surely your appetite was non-existent to super small. How's it doing now? Are you breast feeding? Do you feel like you eat more while breast feeding? I will breast feed my son as well.

Congrats on 4 kids!! That's pretty great!!! They are a lot of work!!! Lately I feel impatient with my daughter (almost 3). However, I am not comfortable and little grumpy while passing kidney stones. So, I have to allow myself breathers. I ask my family for help, when hubby isn't home.

We also just sold one home and bought another. Moving, unpacking and all of that is hard work being this pregnant.

Thank you SO much for reaching out and connecting over this pregnancy/baby business. I think ladies are choosing to reproduce later in life. I am 32 and started having kids later than I imagined. But a lot of my girlfriends are just starting as well. So, I don't have many people to chat with about this stuff. It's nice to know I am not alone while navigating all this.

Oh yes!! I absolutely LOVE your sons name!!! So sweet!! Where does time go? Isn't it just crazy?!?