Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anybody had a change in sleeve restriction since surgery? I am 2 1/2 years out and have gained 6 pounds after going from a size 24 to a size 10. I feel like I have gained more in inches. I can still wear some size 10's and I can also wear one size up. It just depends on the garment. Can anybody else relate to this? I am not exercising and should be. This would probably do the trick but I am having a hard time getting motivated.

I am 2.5 years out and notice big changes in how much I eat depending on circumstances. Bottom line, at this stage it's a lot about eating low carb and making conscious choices about small portions, not snacking etc. Sleeve still helps me greatly but as time goes on its less about the sleeve and more about me. I try to re frame it in my mind as being what normal weight women do all the time.

I used 5:2 to get rid of a 5# regain last summer and liked it so well I lost a few more.

Good luck you've got lots of company!

Thank you CowgirlJane. Its nice to know I am not alone. I do need to regroup and start eating more healthy and no better time to start than right now.

Hi Blondie, I'm over 3 years out and it is about me now. I still have good restriction but have to choose wisely, avoid Snacks, blah, blah, blah. I have healthy weight friends and they have to do the same thing, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Try uping your fluids. I find if I drink less, I snack more.

Lynda

Thanks for the advice. It sounds like you just eventually have to make the right choices and cannot rely on just your sleeve alone. I knew this going in. I just needed reminding I am not alone.

It's all about choices for me , in most cases. I can't eat a huge dinner, so I am sure that helps.

I can sure eat in between meals and graze, and that's what causes weight gain. I'm 5 years out now, and I know the clue to keeping it off is not eat in between meals and not snack at night.

I started gaining some when I got a little lazy with premaking my foods. I wasn't getting in enough Protein and I went through some thyroid issues. I've had to back track and find a Protein Drink I can stand. I also premake turkey and chicken and keep them in the fridge so I can snack on them cold if I am in a hurry and don't make bad food choices. I am also doing a modified low carb just to be able to get my Protein all in in a day. It has made a huge difference though. My doctor changed my thyroid meds and told my husband I was going to gain some weight. I really pissed me off at the time and I tried to deny it but it happened anyway. I gained 25 lbs back and was so miserable. I hadn't really changed the way I was eating. Now that I have upped my protein, it came back off. I'm so relieved. You may want to make sure you are getting in enough too. I have to substitute with two Isopure premade drinks a day that I just swap out for my Water. I stay satisfied all day and then eat two small meals of protein and a small amount of veggies.

Has anybody had a change in sleeve restriction since surgery? I am 2 1/2 years out and have gained 6 pounds after going from a size 24 to a size 10. I feel like I have gained more in inches. I can still wear some size 10's and I can also wear one size up. It just depends on the garment. Can anybody else relate to this? I am not exercising and should be. This would probably do the trick but I am having a hard time getting motivated.

I am too gaining weight as we speak I got on the scale last week and gain 21 n 2 months I dont no whats with me but I can eat so much n im always hungry n just got on 2 knew medicines. When I go back to my doctors I will ask if this is one of the problems. Im too got lazy n been tired lately and I seen my surgeon Thursday he wants me to lost 50 plds its so hard I lose 103 plds well 125 but I gain back n its like I got real unmotivated when I stepped on that scale n seen the weight I really need help n something has to be done. Hopes everybody get better at there journeys. We so far out any one drinks alcohol. ..

I still have great restriction as long as I choose wisely. I ordered 'lamb dumplings' at a Turkish restaurant for dinner. It ended up being more along the lines of Pasta than dumplings, and I could not eat much before I was FULL. I even got the slimes, at 15 months out.

But I can eat a lot of chips or crackers and the calories can add up if there is not enough Protein in the meal. So far I haven't had trouble maintaining but wouldn't mind losing another 5 kg. I've been around the same weight for about 5 months.

I find my restriction (amount eaten until feeling a sense of fullness) is variable. I wish I could say it was related to my good food choices. It seems more variable than that. I have days where even a few bits fills me to the brim (can't eat even a half of a sandwich). Other days I feel like I never had my surgery (can eat the entire sandwich and wish I had more). It is not just food choice related; there is something else involved that I can't put my finger on. I have, though, found that my feeling of fullness is faster to pass that it was closer to my surgery. If I am not careful I could eat 6-10 small meals a day.

I started gaining some when I got a little lazy with premaking my foods. I wasn't getting in enough Protein and I went through some thyroid issues. I've had to back track and find a Protein Drink I can stand. I also premake turkey and chicken and keep them in the fridge so I can snack on them cold if I am in a hurry and don't make bad food choices. I am also doing a modified low carb just to be able to get my Protein all in in a day. It has made a huge difference though. My doctor changed my thyroid meds and told my husband I was going to gain some weight. I really pissed me off at the time and I tried to deny it but it happened anyway. I gained 25 lbs back and was so miserable. I hadn't really changed the way I was eating. Now that I have upped my protein, it came back off. I'm so relieved. You may want to make sure you are getting in enough too. I have to substitute with two Isopure premade drinks a day that I just swap out for my Water. I stay satisfied all day and then eat two small meals of protein and a small amount of veggies.

Hey how did u get the weight back off I am in desperate need to get this 40 plds off and then the 35 I needed off so I need to lose 75 plds

I m not feeling my restriction either. I got to 163 then now up to 180 in short time. Thinking about revision.

Tried cutting cal etc. had lot of stress

Sick parent etc.