Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 8 is my day! any one else in July

I went to my Dr, appt. he wanted to do my surgery July 1 but I put it off until the 8th I start my liquid diet on the June 26. I'm so happy 13 days is going to go by fast. Any advise would be appreciated thank-you!

Yay! Just start getting your list of stuff together that you're going to need post surgery. I filled a medium sized plastic tub with all the necessities, like colace, gauze and tape, my blood pressure monitor, chap stick, Dixie cups, thermometer, gas X strips, my pen and journal to write down how I'm feeling and you experience. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't sitting all day to recover...got up every hour and walked around the house. Keep moving. Keep comfy pillows close and you may need to sleep in a recliner for the first several days. I'm only a bit over 3 weeks out, but doing great. Get to start solids next Tuesday! You'll be fine. Keep checking in with us so we know how you're doing. Congratulations!

Get a heating pad if you don't already have one :-) The day of, you will probably be nervous, but its easy peasy. You will hurt a bit at first, but it only lasts about a week. Walk every hour like Weevie says. You will probably be the most swollen on days 4, 5 or 6. So just be careful of swallowing the Protein Shakes on those days...(something I wish my surgeon told me before hand). You will do great!

My surgery is July 8th also. I guess we will bo doing it together. Day three of Pre op diet is ok. I am not to bad during the day when I am at work but I really struggle in the evening's. I told my husband and son they are going to have to cook their own dinner. It is just to tempting for me. I know it may sound kind of harsh but I need this for me.

Hello! My surgery is also July 8th.... seems to be a popular date! I'm on day three of the liquid diet and like you Fhawkins...the evenings are so tough! Something is happening at the end of my days that are making me want to stuff my face with anything and everything that is around me! I'm not really feeling hungry, but rather am just looking for some variety and the taste. Even though it has only been three days, it is interesting for me to see how automatic my eating is even if I truley do not need it! I think it is great that there are three of us here with the same surgery date and hopefully we can stick together and offer each other some support!

Kristen

I like that idea, Kristen. When I am at work it does not bother me much but the evening is terrible. I keep telling myself that it will get better. I am goind to start walking in the evening while my husband and son eat dinner.

Thats my plan as well. I figured if I can keep busy, like I am at work, then maybe it wont be so bad. I've gone to bed super early the past two nights which is also making me feel better in the AM. I figured if I'm asleep I can't eat! Ha! Have you been doing any excercise up until this point? I wish I could say yes...but I have not! I know I need to add it in.

I almost forgot to tell you, ladies...take your rings off prior to going in for surgery. They never told me to until I was laying there with my hospital gown on...just before I was to be wheeled in, I had to grease up my fingers and work hard to pull then off (my fingers were swollen by then from the IV fluids, and just fat fingers in general). Lol! Luckily my hubby was right there to hold them for me.

Hi everyone I made through my first day of my liquid diet. I'm glad four of us are getting banded together. I started the gym yesterday, i did 30 min on the bike 20 min elliptical. I'm trying to stay busy go to be early. Thanks for you advise

Wow!!! July 8th is popular! Mine is a few days later on the 11th. My doc only has me doing 1 day pre-op diet (clear liquid) - anyone else have that?

Hi everyone I made through my first day of my liquid diet. I'm glad four of us are getting banded together. I started the gym yesterday, i did 30 min on the bike 20 min elliptical. I'm trying to stay busy go to be early. Thanks for you advise

That is great! I am on day 4 and so far so good...Hang in there and take this opportunity to listen to your body tell you when your body is hungry vs just wanting to eat! I've learned so much in just 4 days. I can definitely see that what I usually identify as hunger is more about me just wanting to put something in my mouth. I would love to get to the bottom of why it's the worst at the end of the day!

My surgery date is July 8th but my doc has me on a 5 day diet I start July 1st on all liquids and then on July 6th I go to Clear Liquids. But They told me I was to drink 5-6 Protein shakes a day while on the all liquid diet. Can anybody tell me what is a good Protein powder to use or Protein shake .

My surgery date is July 8th but my doc has me on a 5 day diet I start July 1st on all liquids and then on July 6th I go to Clear Liquids. But They told me I was to drink 5-6 Protein shakes a day while on the all liquid diet. Can anybody tell me what is a good Protein Powder to use or Protein shake .

My surgeon requires me to use Bariatric Advantage and I have to do 4-5 shakes per day. I have been having trouble getting the 4th shake down. Its tolerable. 2x per day I can mix it with a cup of skim milk which makes it taste a little bit better! Whatever you choose just make sure it has high protein and low carbs. Good luck!

Congrats, enjoy the journey!!