Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My plastics before and afters

Thanks, Jane. So glad you keep up with posting. I am getting closer to PS time, myself. Dr said I had to wait 18 months after VSG. Seeing you is very inspiring. i wouldn't dare be seen in a bikini. Hope I don't sound like a perv, but your new breasts are really nice looking. Mine look like your old ones. Exciting stuff :)

Congratulations! I'm happy that this part of the journey is behind you. It must be so rewarding to have the outside match how you feel on the inside. :)

Be well…

Amazing transformation!!!

I am starting to think about doing something about my turkey neck and bingo wings. Although other hanging skin is begging for some attention too.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing ...

WOW JUST WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by M2G

I will be ready for all this in the next year or so. If you don't mind me asking, how much was everything? I will be getting basically the same procedures done.

Cowgirljane - have you posted a recent picture of your scars? I'm curious how they look several months later. My stomach is a mess from two pregnancies and would love it if a Tummy Tuck was in my future... but that hip to hip incision makes me think of Frankenstein! I've had two previous abdominal surgeries that are over 20 years old and hardly visible. The incision line for a tummy tuck just seems so much bigger! I'm also worried about the twilight sedation Dr. Sauceda uses. I had a nose job when I was 22 (don't judge!). I had similar sedation with that and I remember the whole surgery! It was painful and I still remember watching the surgeon breaking my nose with a hammer! Do you have any memory of the surgery?

Actually, the bikini pic shows the lower body lift scar, I didn't realize that it wasn't covered for my photo shoot until seeing the pics. Click on it and you can see the body lift scar, and the groin/thigh scars a little and the belly button reconstruction scar. My breasts have no visible scarring at all, but I need to get an updated photo on the arms. You can also see the "imperfections" on the thighs since i did not have the long thigh lift, but only the groin one which does not remove as much excess skin, but of course has a minimal scar. I don't wear swimsuits except quite rarely but i do wear skirts and shorts so do kinda like that I don't have a scar down my thigh.

post-122684-0-88854100-1405016133_thumb.jpg

If you feel that scars make you like Frankenstein, don't get plastics. My scars are flat and healing nicely and I am pleased with them. I believe they will eventually become quite unnoticable, but not everyone scars well and it is a big risk. I personally do not have that feeling about it (ie scars don't make me feel freakish) whereas the extra skin did make me feel like i was still obese when I wasn't.

Now, on the twilight sedation. I did wake up 2X that i remember. This has been discussed on the Dr S Facebook group and happens to some people. Everyone has the same experience I did - dreamlike, peaceful, feel nothing... back to sleep. No anxiety, no feeling or sensation, more like a surreal like state of relaxation. The first 24 hours after surgery I felt so good and well rested, like I had slept all day - which I guess I had! I can remember seeing the color blue (scrubs I think) and wondering if they were almost done. I thought I asked but they put me right back under and later they told me that no one heard me talk so perhaps i dreamed it. I know it sounds weird, but even thinking about it 8 months post op I feel a certain pleasant feeling... so I guess they had me drugged up pretty good! So, my opinion - even with twilight sedation you need a dedicated anesthesialogist (Dr S does have one) so that he/she focuses on managing your sedation and not have what happened to you during the nose work. I had no problems and everybody on the Dr S support group says the same thing. I wonder why more surgeries aren't done this way - no sickness feeling and waking up refreshed not barfing...

Edited by CowgirlJane

You look great, has much changed this last year? Just wondering how things shape up a year out from a LBL.....

Does anyone know if skin surgery after weight loss surgery is covered at all by insurance in the United States. I've lost 77 lbs so far. Surgery was January 2014 - I still have another 40 to go but the hanging skin on my belly - Yuk. I know you have to maintain your weight loss for a year before any skin removal is even considered, but I just wanted to get an idea of costs involved. Thanks.

I am 8 months post op. I still have some belly numbness but otherwise no real "after effect" of the plastics. That might be permanent and I do have sensation it is just slightly numb. For awhile I felt like I swelled alot but everyone around me told me I was crazy. Then I realized that the "numbness" is what made me feel that way. I really don't get any more swelling then a typical woman - salty food and a bit of heat and I get a few pounds.

Not much has changed except I lost 10 pounds since my plastics. I lost 5.5# of skin but that took like 4-5 months to show up on the scale due to post surgery swelling... that and I was so darn hungry that I ate alot while healing. :)

I was kinda frustrated comparing measurements but i realized that one of the reasons they didn't compare well is that all that excess skin made it hard to accurately measure. sorta like putting a measuring tape around Jello... how firmly do you hold the tape? Now I am firm so measurements are consistant. According to the tape measure I didn't lose that much from plastics but I wear a way smaller size and I look smaller so I think that I pulled the tape firmer with all that excess skin I guess.

Bottom line - I am SO GLAD I did this. It really changed my appearance and makes me feel normal looking. I went out dancing with a social group last weekend and i just felt like a normal woman in the crowd - without shapewear...woo hoo!

You look great, has much changed this last year? Just wondering how things shape up a year out from a LBL.....

I happy to know you also were really hungry after surgery...I have been mad at myself for eating so much...I have been really hungry...The same thing happened last year too I ate for several months after my first surgery and swore I would not do it again this time...but turns out I have...It's two months now, so I am reigning it in, but still....I hate the numbness to the stomach, I don't have it in the rear only the front... Thanks for the update...

I had WLS In Dec 2011 (typo on collage, sorry) weighing over 300#; reached goal of 158 in Feb 2013 and currently maintaining at 140. I had plastics with Dr Sauceda in Mexico in Oct 2013 - lower body lift, arm lift, breast lift/augmentation and a small thigh lift (ie groin incision only - not down thigh).attachicon.gifBeforeAndAfterCollage.jpg

attachicon.gifPlastics Before and After Collage.jpgattachicon.gifFotorStitchingPlasticsFinal.jpg

You look amazing:) congrats I'm happy for you

My numbness is only front..between belly button and incision range. My shape changed a fair amount based on feedback from friends.

My butt isn't nearly as flat as i feared it would be!

GREAT Job