Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Some Things You Can't Wait for POST OP?

I was constantly on a diet so often times I call myself going to salad bars where you pay per pound. I like all the different selections so I always wanted a little of this and that and well, my eyes are bigger than my stomach so I always overdid it and end up paying over $10.00 for lunch. Well when I am on solid foods after surgery, I can't wait to be able to go to a salad bar and get very little and be satisfied. I always admired the people who get the small containers and have very little in them. I can't wait for that to be me. lol

Yep. I was the same way. Today, the $1.99 salad ROCKS!

Also, oddly enough, being able to do my OWN pedicure if I want!

Edited by bikrchk

When I was a little girl in England, watching all the cowboy shows on TV, I longed to be a cowgirl and ride the range. For my birthday next May when I'll be 10 months post-op I'm going on a group trail ride. I'll be up in the saddle!

(No experience needed, btw; the trail ride horses are trained to be idiot-proof.)

My husband bought me a little plastic horse that I'll take to the hospital with me in August - my symbol of everything I have to look forward to.

How fantastic to look forward to that trail ride SwanRose! Sounds like you have a wonderful and supportive husband like I do! Have you had your surgery yet? If not, I wish you great success! I am one month post-op and couldn't be happier with my decision!

There's so many things I am looking forward to post op. Dancing with my niece country line dancing. Going on a cruise with my hubby. Shopping for little cute clothes. Walking around in shorts and not being ashamed or embarrassed of my legs and arms and the rest of my body. Not being the one fat person in the room. I want to be little again so bad. And active. And healthy. And not shy away from photos.

Thing's I'm looking Forward To Post-Op..

1. Wearing smaller clothes...My small goal for right now is to wear size 14 which I haven't seen since I was 11years old.

I don't know what it's like to not wear sweater's and jeans in the summer.

2. Summer activities...I skipped out on the Fire Fly music festival out here for the past 2 year's because I can't imagine being over 200lbs and being comfortable for 3day's out in the heat. All I can think of is all the sweat, smells and chaffing.

3. Amusement Park!... Regardless I've never been too big to not fit on the rides, but I've been damn near close which was embarrassing as hell.

4. Belly Button Piercing...Ok this one is rather silly, But I was the fat kid in school (I know, Shocker..) and back then the cool thing to do was get you're belly button pierced, Not that I'm cool or anything but to have a belly button piercing and to be comfortable enough to show my belly will be a big deal for me.

5. Not being as Hot...I'm always so bloody hot, I sweat like a pig it's ridiculous.

1. Having the energy to chase after my kids!

2. Smaller clothes. Going shopping with friends and family members has always made me uncomfortable, because none of the clothes would fit me. I was just along for the show! I want to be able to wear those clothes, own those clothes, and be freakin amazing in those clothes!!! :D

3. Not having to squeeze myself into my jeans, because I refuse to buy the next size up!

4. Riding rides and not having to have someone come by and help me to latch the harness, and being terrified the whole time that the seat belt will break loose and I will fall to my doom!

5. Two piece bathing suit! I want to be able to wear a two piece bathing suit and be comfortable and feel attractive!

Those are just a few... I could probably go on and on!!! ;)

Oh my gosh! I just finished showering and getting ready for work. One of the top three things I can't wait for is to be able to get ready to go somewhere and not be all sweaty before I even get out the door!

U find myself day dreaming about rollerblading n jump roping like i did when i was a kid. Man i used to own those rollerblades. I did spins turns n twist like a ice skater. N how i used to jump rop, in my day all day we jumped n first one to stop was the loser. We did those criss cross, the back words, double rop, omg i wanna do that again so bad. I cant wait

omg so many things. shopping at a regular size store, being able to enjoy my kids fully by being part of their activities not only watching, and being more involved in sports and outdoor activities.

I can't wait to not have to worry about sliding into a booth at a restaurant with friends.

I can't wait to put my laptop on my lap.

Cant wait to cross my legs.

Cant wait to sit on flimsy patio chairs.

Cant wait to fit in a school desk when I go to teacher parent meetings.

not being embarrassed to take pictures.

I can't wait to finally see the "me" that my husband sees :D Taking control of this part of my life feels very empowering and I'm excited that the self-sabotaging thoughts about my weight won't get in the way of seeing the real me any more!

....and shopping for new clothes!! :) :) :)