Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Some Things You Can't Wait for POST OP?

I can't wait to go shopping in a regular size clothing store and know that anything I see and like, I can try on. I don't have to go searching for the largest size on the rack, and hoping they have it.

I'm not sure if I'm ready. I bought my sister a shirt a few years ago. I had a sales person approach me because I had the deer in the headlights look on my face. There were so many choices it was mindboggling!

To sit cross legged in a chair.

To be able to hug my knees and place my forehead on them. (Yeah, it's weird, but I remember doing that as a child)

To be able to shop for my bras in a brick and mortar store and not special ordered online (44H here).

To go hiking again. I love nature!! I miss you nature!! Save your beauty for me!

Kayaking! I LOVE IT! Too bad my fat butt can only fit in the SOT's and a few of the really wide mouthed kayaks.

To go horseback riding again. Do you believe my husband has never been? I need to get him on a horse!

I love rollercoasters! I miss rollercoasters! Dollywood, here I come next season!

No more obesity related health problems, of course.

Shopping for clothes kinda scares me. Maybe I'll try some of the smaller boutiques when I hit my goal. It's Ross and Goodwill for me right now!

The airplane seats are for pygmie people! I can't wait to be pygmie size so I can visit my sister in Germany.

- keeping up with my nephews

- dancing all night long at the club

- feeling confident in the front row at a concert when the lead singer looks at me!

- shopping somewhere besides the beauty counters at the best stores: Jeffrey, bergdorfs, bendel

- roller blading

Check check and check to the first three. Totally eye banged one of my favorite performers from the side of the stage just two weeks ago.

More minor victories though than I ever would have imagined. Like today I went to a function and happily posed for a multitude of Polaroids and then eagerly viewed each and every one over and over. This party was filled with extremely attractive people and I was still the fattest by far, but I didn't feel like the fat girl sticking out at all. I looked really good, rocked a hot dress and had a great time.

- Having the energy to exercise when I want

- Having more selection when buying

- Being able to buy clothes that are single digit sizes

- Being able to buy bras without going to 'special' stores

- Hiking in nature

- Reducing the amount of medications I have to take

- Reversing my PCOS symptoms

- Taking off some pressure off of my knees

- Making my total knee replacement easier to recover from

- Being able to do things with my family

- Being able to enjoy life

- Regaining my health and my life!!!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by GBLady41

Chew my food I can't wait to get off liquid diet then the purée and actually be able to chew my food [emoji23][emoji23]

When I got started on this long journey, someone asked me why I wanted to do this. I really really thought about it. Other than to lose weight I mean. My core reasons are: to cut down, if not cut all of the medications i'm on, to hope for my type 2 diabetes to go into remission, to be in less pain, and to live longer ( i'm a grandmother and want to be around). the person I said this too said "don't you want to LOOK better"? Well, I can honestly say that for me, it's not about looks. It's about life.

Edited by laurileet

Laurileet, I was just taken off my insulin one month after surgery. Let's put your diabetes in remission!

I look forward to having more choices...like bending over to paint my toenails or tie my shoes without being out of breath. I look forward to going frontwards/not up/twisted through a turnstile, and having more choice when it comes to clothing/shoes..i'm at a 10ww shoe, thank goodness for Easy Spirit for loving their extra wide feet girls. I'm looking forward to losing more of the aches/pains...knees and hips have gotten some early relief, and I'm happy to know there should be more as more weight falls off. I'm looking forward to having more energy and feeling better about myself overall.

Just had my morning coffee reading all posts going back to 2014. Being overweight my whole 38 yrs. of life I can relate to all of them and wanted to add all of them to my bucket list (that would take hrs). BUT... being pre-op I am still in disbelief that this will work and consider all these things wishful thinking like always.

Angie...I know what you're feeling. I kept saying that...what if I'm the one person it doesn't work for. I've been overweight for 30 years. I've run, worked with a trainer, ate clean, did WW, did NutriSystem, you know the drill...you are scared. It felt like the last shot...and what if THIS didn't work?? I have a big hug and good news. It does work. First, the amount of calories you're taking in -- you won't want more! And when you do, your belly will stop you. Early on, the liquid, you're like...but I can have this and it isn't super restrictive. I added more dense food lately, and believe you me, your body will stop you like a Mac truck hitting a bridge...giving you one of those, "if you take one more bite, you'll regret it" moments. Once you feel that sensation of it climbing in your sternum, you don't want that feeling again! You'll be like, yep....and before you know it, you look at the scale in disbelief, because somehow, someway, weight is coming off of your body. I'm always amazed that I can FUNCTION on the small bits of food I'm eating. I've been so used to LARGE portions, over-sized portions, it's understanding that a small portion will be enough and you still feel good. Very neat as things go. Sweetie, I still worry it won't work, and I've lost 46 pounds. How? Right? Fear of failing again is a pattern in your head, but everything is changing now. Take my hand, we're heading to the other side now...success. :)

Angie...I know what you're feeling. I kept saying that...what if I'm the one person it doesn't work for. I've been overweight for 30 years. I've run, worked with a trainer, ate clean, did WW, did NutriSystem, you know the drill...you are scared. It felt like the last shot...and what if THIS didn't work?? I have a big hug and good news. It does work. First, the amount of calories you're taking in -- you won't want more! And when you do, your belly will stop you. Early on, the liquid, you're like...but I can have this and it isn't super restrictive. I added more dense food lately, and believe you me, your body will stop you like a Mac truck hitting a bridge...giving you one of those, "if you take one more bite, you'll regret it" moments. Once you feel that sensation of it climbing in your sternum, you don't want that feeling again! You'll be like, yep....and before you know it, you look at the scale in disbelief, because somehow, someway, weight is coming off of your body. I'm always amazed that I can FUNCTION on the small bits of food I'm eating. I've been so used to LARGE portions, over-sized portions, it's understanding that a small portion will be enough and you still feel good. Very neat as things go. Sweetie, I still worry it won't work, and I've lost 46 pounds. How? Right? Fear of failing again is a pattern in your head, but everything is changing now. Take my hand, we're heading to the other side now...success. [emoji4]

Wow! Thank you a million times over! I needed that. Maybe it's that TOM and I'm just getting emotional lol.

I'd like to go to the US Open (on TV now) and fit into the seats, never mind being able to go up and down the stairs without pain or fear.

I haven't ridden a horse in 50 years or so, but I'd really like to be able to do that. Never crossed my mind until I read this thread.

Many of the other things--flying comfortably--not only not needing a seatbelt extender, but as someone mentioned, being able to put the tray down. Being able to walk around as a tourist in the great cities of the world would be fantastic.

Resolving health issues from diabetes to high blood pressure would be great. Blood glucose reading this morning was kind of scarily low, so will cut back on the insulin some more . . . maybe this is really happening?

I want to chew something again! A salad, an apple . . . the liquid is making me a crazy person.

On the other hand, I'm losing. So there's that!

Wow! What a great thread!!! I want to add my "can't waits" here so future self can come back and have a ginormous laugh at me.

I can't wait for/to:

1. Quit hurting every. dayum. day.

2. Have a lower risk of breast cancer recurrence.

3. For my blood sugars to normalize, even if I eat a 1/3 cup of Beans or peas!

4. Sit on the floor--and be able to get back up without the fire department's help.

5. Get in and out of the car/no-extender seat belt without the jaws of life assisting me.

6. Paint my toenails with my bright orange, happy toes nail polish.

7. Soak in a garden tub until I have prune hands.

8. Feel confident enough to have sexy times with Mr. Fluffy. (Sorry Mr. Fluffy, but at least you're a solid eight!)

9. Be smaller than my 2 skinny ass sissies (yeah, I'm that girl).

10. Say "how do you like me now, b*****s" to all the skinny high school mean girls who made my life hell. (yeah, I could probably be Carrie).

11. (Cuz our amps go up to 11) Do all the fun, athletic-y, outdoorsy things again: hiking, fishing, hunting, camping, tubin', dancing...

Edited by FluffyChix