Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can Anybody give me the lowdown on what its like? I'm getting a breast reduction next Tuesday. Recovery time, feeling?

Hi skiddles,

How are you? I know you are enjoying your beautiful new body. And now you are having a breast reduction. That is wonderful. My breast lift/reduction had been life changing. I had my surgery last year.

Before: My breast were hanging skin with nipples. No fat tissue. No shape. Nothing.

After: My breast became beautiful round and soft again. Perky. I had the T cut, but the scars has almost disappeared. After surgery, for me there was no pain, nor was there any swelling. I do remember them being tender to touch for about 4-5 months. Due to blood flow, the breast takes a while to heal, so be patience and I am sure your results will come out marvelous.

I had a breast reduction done about 5 years ago. Honestly, I guess it wasn't painful because i cant remember much pain. It was day surgery at 2 pm home by 6. Recovery was really easy. Ive always had very dense breasts not loose or hanging skin. Now they are just smaller. Its pretty minor as was my tummy tuck!

Im more concerned about the idea of a sleeve now. Im scared of the surgery and the recovery. Im planning on going to mexico to have it done, not sure of the dates yet.

Please share your experience! Im so scared this wont be the right decision.

I had breast reduction in April 2010 - No pain (had brachioplasty at same time no pain there either) Love love love the results :-)

Before =

BoobsBefore2_zps6cbb3813.jpg?t=140294308

Not Long After = Maybe a week or so - Still in dressings so can't be long after...

BoobsArmsafter1week-3_zpsac217de7.jpg

Hope that helps some

Edited by Scamp

I'm getting the anchor cut, and going under my arm pit. My breast are really heavy and thick. close to 5lbs each. very similer to Scamp. Thanks for the info. PS said I should be able to go back to work in 2 weeks.

I had breast reduction on 2007. I was a very dense K cup and went to a DD (wanted smaller but that would have impeded blood flow). I had anchor cut. The recovery wasn't bad. Couldn't lift arms for a few days, couldn't lift stuff for a week or two. Not a great deal of pain, didn't take any pain meds - didn't for sleeve either after being released from hospital.

I would be willing to go through much more pain and recovery for the change it made. It was a very good choice for me.

Best of luck.

I didn't have pain with my lapband or LBL, so I wasn't too worried about pain, I just needed some input on when I can get to doin things, since it is summer. I only have a few days of sick pay, so I need to get back to work ASAP. Really kind of curious about does your nipples still get hard from like cold air and such? Wierd little things

Skiddles, we are having plastic surgery on the same day !!! Mine is next Tuesday also! The 24th.. I hope everything goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery!!

Skiddles, we are having plastic surgery on the same day !!! Mine is next Tuesday also! The 24th.. I hope everything goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery!!

We'll have to compare notes!

Congratulations to you both!!. Please keep up updated.

Yes my scar goes right into my arm pit...... It is ok though, alot of people have no hair growing in armpits after as that section is removed - I have a tiny tiny bit there that I need a microscope to track down in order to shave it LOL

I would love not having to shave my armpits! My ps said he was going. To my side. I just wonder how bad it's going to rub with my arm

I have noticed through all my Ops that pain in the skin alone is negligible - The worst op was inner thighs - Arms and boobs was a breeze

5am day of surgery. Feeling anxious and nervous. Have to be there at 7am. Sure would like a cup of coffee. Wondering what their going to look like.

I hope everything went well.