Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since I know this is going to be a big question for people, I'm creating a list of Protein sources for vegan and vegetarians and in no particular order:

Green peas

Quinoa

Nuts

Peanut Butter

Beans

Chickpeas or garbanzo Beans

Tempeh

Tofu

Edemama

Hemp

Chia seeds

Sesame seeds

Seitan

Yogurt

cheese

eggs

Lentils

Milk

Black Eyed Peas

TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)

Cottage cheese

Buckwheat

Hummus

Spirulina

Any more?

I love spaghetti squash...and have recently tried TOFU...in a mock chicken salad... surprisingly yummy (they have it at Whole Foods)...so now that I have taken that first step in Tofutti land, I plan on venturing further...

We have the zucchini spaghetti at Whole Paycheck. It is YUM good.

i'm not particularly Protein focused. I mean im sure I get it from the Beans i eat and other things but i dont worry bout it so much my diets probably 60% carb 30% protien 10% fat. I am afraid that once I get surgery not eating enough protien will hinder my weight loss since everyonce seems to be saying. I mean im sure I could incorporate it with beans and veggie burgers if I really needed too. What is the ratio of protien doctors want? like 90% protein? I dont really understand why it's so stressed.

Where are you at in terms of grams?

If I had to guesstimate maybe 35-40 g per day

More like at least 50. I do eggs, chicken, and turkey. Not including adding up (even if it is a few pieces) everything in the peas, chickpeas, etc. that I do, and Protein packets, its at least 50.

I love spaghetti squash...and have recently tried TOFU...in a mock chicken salad... surprisingly yummy (they have it at Whole Foods)...so now that I have taken that first step in Tofutti land, I plan on venturing further...

Talking about tofu, I really like "Tofutti Sour Supreme" a sour cream taste, made out of tofu. For a 2 Tb. serving size, the specs are: fat: 5g, carbs: 2g, protein: 1g. Calories: 60.

i'm not particularly Protein focused. I mean im sure I get it from the Beans i eat and other things but i dont worry bout it so much my diets probably 60% carb 30% protien 10% fat. I am afraid that once I get surgery not eating enough protien will hinder my weight loss since everyonce seems to be saying. I mean im sure I could incorporate it with Beans and veggie burgers if I really needed too. What is the ratio of protien doctors want? like 90% Protein? I dont really understand why it's so stressed.

They stress it so much because you take in so much less food, you won't get enough protein to prevent your body from using your muscles for calories-- having at least 60g prevents "muscle wasting".

I think someone posted about 60 grams or getting less causes muscle wasting. I've seen people get lower than that and be ok, so I was wondering if any one has seen the studies on that. Just curious.

Anybody have a chickpea patty recipe?

I found a chickpea burger recipe have not tired it yet

Can chick peas

Lemon zest

juice two lemons

Tsp cumin

Cilantro chopped I will use parsley not fond of cilantro...

1 egg

3 oz bread crumbs

1/2 red onion

Tablespoon olive oil

Process chickpeas, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin, cilantro or parsley, egg, salt and pepper

Pour in bowl add breadcrumbs and red onion

Form into patties roll in breadcrumbs chill for 10+minutes

Fry in olive oil 4 minutes on each side

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Thank you!!!

Hope u enjoy it

I have an app called Big Oven

It has been a life saver

Love it

Maybe u can try it.

Since I know this is going to be a big question for people, I'm creating a list of Protein sources for vegan and vegetarians and in no particular order:

Green peas

Quinoa

Nuts

Peanut Butter

Beans

Chickpeas or garbanzo Beans

Tempeh

Tofu

Edemama

Hemp

Chia seeds

Sesame seeds

Seitan

Yogurt

cheese

eggs

Lentils

Milk

Black Eyed Peas

TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)

Cottage cheese

Buckwheat

Hummus

Spirulina

Any more?

Great list, thank you!

I also love pure Peanut Butter, almonds, sun flower seeds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds