Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approaching my 4-year surgiversary

:-)...trying to delete a post I put on the wrong thread...but the app will only let me edit....so you all get a smiley face instead!

Edited by shellief

Wow you look amazing and so healthy! Thank you for your insight for all of us who are not there yet.

Wow, your story is inspiring! I am only 4 weeks out right now and hope to achieve your results as well!

Awesome post! Thank you for the inspiration and hope!

Blackberry- good to see you here! Congrats on the continued success! You can find several of us "oldies" in the vets forum. Thanks for sharing your story. I think it's so important for people to see what life is like a few years out. Fiddleman, one of the newer vets, works out a lot and eats a similar amount of Protein.

Love that six pack! And that's a rocking rear end view too!

Do you take any Vitamins? Are you getting your Vitamin levels tested annually? I've seen some vets struggling with deficiencies a few years out and others that seem to do OK with no supplements. I'm taking the Vitamins my plan recommends and I get blood work once per year.

I'm glad to hear you're maintaining with ease after a minor correction. For me, daily weighing is key to staying at goal.

You are so lucky to have such a good skin recovery. I think your young age, (relatively) smaller weight loss, and good skin genetics really helped. I know what you mean about hanging tummy with planks. First time I saw that I was like "what the heck is THAT!" I lost 120 lbs and I'm 58. My skin is only coming back so much. I won't wear a bikini because my tunny looks saggy even though it's pretty flat. And my thighs are a little saggy too, so I prefer dresses that skim the knee and longer shorts. I do wear sleeveless shirts the extra skin on my arms is only noticeable at certain angles.

Best wishes on the lipo! Can't wait to see the pics!

Lynda

Thank you for sharing! Its always wonderful to hear from those who have come before. I agree you look beautiful.

Girl, Hardly can fathom a 6-pack with this 2-liter I've been rockin' all these years! Phenomenal work!

Your story was just what I needed. I'm 5 1/2 months out doing great but am concerned about long term. Thanks so much for sharing your story it really did inspire me. Congrats on your long term success.

I'm in medical school to about to have gastric sleeve right before I start my clerkships. Were you loosing weight during clerkship? If so, how did you do it?

All of you looks so good but I was particularly drawn to your arms. They look fabulous! You've gained some impressive muscle mass in them and great definition...love the biceps and shoulders.

And thank you for addressing the issue of caloric intake for weight lifting/crossfit purposes. I have been wondering about that myself as I really want to put on some impressive muscle mass once I have lost weight (well, actually, I plan to start lifting heavy before i get to goal). It's nice to know that it is possible!

Hey BlackBerryJuice... great to see you back! You still look amazing! Glad the back problem is over, it is a nightmare isn't it!

Good luck with the Lipo and BA... I had a TT and BL 16mths ago (even though I wasn't at goal - still not at goal!) and it was the best thing I have done,,, such a hugh differnece both physically and emotionally! Just past my 4 yr anni too!

Let us know how you get on... x

Good thread.

So appreciated when the vets tell their long-term story like Blackberry juice did. Thanks, BBJ!

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this post, addresses so many questions that those of us just starting this journey have. You look so incredible fit and healthy, very inspirational!

Posts like these are so inspiring. I met a woman at support group a couple of weeks ago who had her sleeve two years ago. She said she has so much energy now she pops out of bed in the morning "like a piece of toast". Lol! She is in training to run a full marathon. Keep these happy stories coming!