Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had Breast Augmentation, Liposuction and Fat Transfer

Hey everybody, been a long time since I have posted anything. I am 51 years old and 16 months out from my lap band surgery. I am at the Dr.'s goal, but not my personal goal. I started at 223 lbs. I am 5'6". I am down to 157 and would like to lose another 7-10. I currently wear a size 8 or 10. A size I never thought I would see again. I am very pleased with my lap band and have never regretted it for one second. Last Thursday, I had a Breast Lift, Augmentation, Fat Transfer, and liposuction of the stomach, hips, flanks, and back. The 66 lb weight loss left me with sagging boobs, and a muffin top. Not the look I was going to be happy with. I found a wonderful plastic surgeon in Boca Raton, Florida. The whole experience has been wonderful. Right now I look like a freak, wearing a compression girdle, and a not so sexy bra. I am bruised and battered. I gained 12 lbs of Fluid during the surgery but am down 5 today. I am still very bloated and I can see the pockets of Water under my skin. The pain has been moderate, but manageable. You have no idea how much you use your pectoral muscles! I am thankful that I did not have the Tummy Tuck. I really needed my abdominal muscles to lift myself up out of bed and to use the bathroom. I had a nurse stay with me the first 24 hours which was a really really smart idea. I may end up with a tummy tuck eventually but decided on the least invasive procedure, hoping that there is still some elasticity left in my skin. Today is my second follow up apt. Hopefully they will take off the tape that seems to be annoying me and perhaps the green light to go ahead and get another type of compression garment. I will post some before and after pictures when I get back from my apt today. They aren't too pretty, but I do see a light!

Yay! Congrats to you and thanks for the information!

Looking forward to updates! Congrats on your surgery :)

Congratulations on your Plastic Surgery. Surgery always has it's ups and downs, however time will reveal a beautiful new you. Can't wait to see your pictures.

I am so happy for you. I can relate a little because I am 58 but having gastric bypass on the 27th of this month. I am hoping that a year or 16 months from now I will be looking at some augmentation. Was any or all of this paid for by your insurance?

I am so happy for you. I can relate a little because I am 58 but having gastric bypass on the 27th of this month. I am hoping that a year or 16 months from now I will be looking at some augmentation. Was any or all of this paid for by your insurance?

Hi- Nothing was paid by insurance. $18K for lapband, $13,500 for plastic work. I have a wonderful husband!

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :)

Thanks for the post. My weightloss stats are quite close to yours and I am having Lipo and BL/BA next week, so this is a very helpful and timely post for me to see! Look forward to hearing about your recovery. How much fat did they lipo off of you? I am most worried about the lipo outcome since we all have some degree of loose skin, and I'm anxious about having lumpy/wrinkly skin afterwards.

Thanks for the post. My weightloss stats are quite close to yours and I am having Lipo and BL/BA next week, so this is a very helpful and timely post for me to see! Look forward to hearing about your recovery. How much fat did they lipo off of you? I am most worried about the lipo outcome since we all have some degree of loose skin, and I'm anxious about having lumpy/wrinkly skin afterwards.

Hi there. I had 2 liters taken off. But some of that was transfered to my beasts. I am still in the girdle and can see a difference but have a ton of swelling. I have a lot of pictures. I take them daily. I will post once most of swelling is gone. Feel free to pm me with any questions! Good luck!!!

I hope you are feeling better and getting lots of rest!

Hi there. I had 2 liters taken off. But some of that was transfered to my beasts. I am still in the girdle and can see a difference but have a ton of swelling. I have a lot of pictures. I take them daily. I will post once most of swelling is gone. Feel free to pm me with any questions! Good luck!!!

I didn't know it was an option to have fat transferred to your breasts - that sounds like a great option! Thanks for sharing that!