Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be 5 mths post op on Saturday and just wondering where other people are at, how much they can consume, weight loss, Hair loss and Protein. I am currently 68lbs down, hair loss started about a month ago so not so happy, had thin hair but a lot of it not now.... Can get in my liquid each day but still really struggle with protein, what are people eating to get around 70-80 gms??? Just can't do shakes... and I can eat around 1/2-3/4 cups at each main meal.

June 23rd will make 5 months for me as well. I have lost 62 pounds since surgery, 103 since a year ago,(June 14,2013). I am excited about my weight loss!!! I, like you, average 1/2 -3/4 cup per meal. I do consume a lot of Protein. I will have lean pork chops, steak, burger, eggs, almonds, and/or fish. Sometimes I will have leftovers for Breakfast to ensure high Protein. I take a women's Multivitamin & Calcium everyday, a D-3 three times a week, and a B-12 once a week. I have noticed a little hair loss but only while brushing it. My hair has grown ALOT over the past year. It's actually long now. I sip,sip, sip all day long to make sure I have plenty of Fluid. I don't really measure my liquid intake. I feel sensational!! You have lost a few more pounds than I have. I'm unclear as to why you are unhappy. You have done SUPER!! If it is the Hair loss, I would contact your nutritionist or doctor. I just think it sounds like you are doing wonderful. PS I average around 58-70 grams potein daily. :)

What causes the Hair loss?

Does the hair grow back?

Today is day one of the week 3 after surgey diet. Tracked what I ate and easly hit 115 grams of Protein without a Protein shake. 2 eggs, 3OZ of turkey breast, 4 oz of pork, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 serving of greek yogurt and a few other items. Calories 1100.

Hi all, i am having one of my days where i just have one thought after the other, i dont measure anything but would like to know how many ozs of Protein (mainly meat) does everyone have at dinner time - i am nearly 6 mths out and thought i would like to measure to see how much i am actually consuming.

@@Unhappysleever

I use fitness Pal. I enter all my food and have my goal set to 25% fat, 25%, carbohydrates, 50% Protein. My calorie intake 700. I don't weigh or worry to much about calories. Now that I'm getting the hang of the app and my Protein intake, I'm dropping weight at a better pace.

I don't measure or track anything either. Just eat until I'm satisfied.... At least 5 times/day including Snacks. But as a best guess, I'd say 2oz meat (1/2 of a 1/4 pound burger) and a 1/8 cup of veggies would be a filling meal for me. I can eat probably 1/2 -3/4 cup of Greek yogurt or thick Soup (like clam chowder). I usually can't quite finish a one egg omelet with cheese and a little bit of ham or turkey.

Since I can eat so little, I still have a huge Protein smoothie everyday (24-32oz/30-40g protein) so I know I'm getting enough Protein. Syntrax nectar cherry and apple, matrix vanilla, muscle milk cake batter, premier chocolate, and Garden of Life Raw Protein are my base shakes then I add milk or juice or bananas or berries, or Torani syrups to them for variety.

Edited by Kindle