Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitbit or jawbone?

Need some advice. I have an iPhone 5s. I want to get a device to assist me. I'm considering fitbit and jawbone. Which one and why? TIA

I love my Fitbit One! I have used it daily since I got it in early February, and months later I got one for my husband. We both use them faithfully, and have them loaded onto our iPhones, iPads, and desktops. The Fitbit one tell few calories burned, that's taken, miles walked, flights of stairs climbed, and an indication of how hard you are working at any given time during the day. It tonight when I am home from work I check to see where I am, and often will go walk the dog just to make my goal, but you can customize entirely. I also have it set to vibrate at certain times during the day to remind me to get up from my desk and walk around, which I find a great help. The charges from my computer, and mine has been holding a charge for 10 days or so at a time. The rubber clip I hook onto the inside of my bra, my husband puts his on his T-shirt, and it is so tight and sturdy we never lose it or even come close. You pray to ask if I can help with any questions and I hope you go for it!

I have both. I like the display better on my phone for the fitbit. I like the way the jawbone24up looks though - I have the pink one and it's like a Bracelet. They are both really similar and allow you to track food, etc. Jawbone lets you track your mood and other variables that the fitbit does not have. Overall they are pretty equal for me. I have the brand new jawbone24up though. I am using the jawbone at the moment.

I have a fitbit, I love it! & I like how clean looking the app is on my Iphone.

I have the FitBit Flex and love it.

It's easy to log your food - it will synch with MyFitnessPal, although I don't use it for that. This is my 2nd FitBit (I had the one previously). It synchs with my iphone5 quickly for instant feedback. One drawback on the food logging - you have to look on your computer to find out where you are with your Protein and calorie breakdown - I wish you could see that on your phone.

I have had both, the colour on the fitbit wears off unless it's black, I then go a jawbone and it was just really uncomfortable on my wrist. So then bought a Nike fuelband, really nice but battery didn't last long. I have now bought the garmin vivofit, I love it, it's light, accurate, has a great iPhone app and best of all u don't need to charge it, the battery has a 1 yr life

Oh boy. So now I put the garmin one on my list. As far as fitbit which one? The flex, one, or the zip?

I would say the fitbit flex is the best out of the 3

I love my fitbit flex

I love my Fitbit Flex, and highly recommend it. I have looked at the Garmin, and when I'm ready for a new tracker, that's what I'm going to try.

I have a fitbit one and love it. I like the fact it clips on my bra so can wear it all the time.

I also use it with myfitness pal and love the fact they sync together as well as my electrical scales.

so this is only for an iPhone right? I use My Fitness Pal, but this sounds like it does so much more too...I have a Samsung...so it doesn't work on android huh?

so this is only for an iPhone right? I use My Fitness Pal, but this sounds like it does so much more too...I have a Samsung...so it doesn't work on android huh?

It is for android phones as well!

Garmin ViVo Fit! Battery lasts an entire year and you can get the chest strap to use with your workouts. I never have to take it off to charge or sync it and it has an indicator that tells me when I've been sitting too long. Which it's telling me now to get up and move! Here I go!