Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 months post-op 25lbs down. Anyone else?

Hi, my surgery was 2 months ago on April 3rd. I had gastric bypass rny and since surgery, I've lost 25lbs. It seems kinda measly to me. Especially, for it to be rny. I'm seeing ppl with the sleeve or lapband losing more. I thought the weight comes off quicker with the bypass? Oh well, just so long as it comes off. I definitely feel so much better! How about you guys?

I'm nearing that pre-op and I'm frightened with how my body reacted to sugar last night! I cannot imagine a life-long of no cheating. But the weight loss is all so worth it.

Hi, my surgery was 2 months ago on April 3rd. I had gastric bypass rny and since surgery, I've lost 25lbs. It seems kinda measly to me. Especially, for it to be rny. I'm seeing ppl with the sleeve or lapband losing more. I thought the weight comes off quicker with the bypass? Oh well, just so long as it comes off. I definitely feel so much better! How about you guys?

So much factors in to how much we lose. Our starting weight, our dietary plan, whether we can exercise, how many stalls we have had etc.

I'm 8 weeks post op. I have not lost anything in 10 days. I'm sitting at 34 pounds. I don't use Protein supplements and have only been on "real" food since day 15. I am happy for those who have lost more but I can't use them as a measuring tool. Neither should you.

Hi, my surgery was 2 months ago on April 3rd. I had gastric bypass rny and since surgery, I've lost 25lbs. It seems kinda measly to me. Especially, for it to be rny. I'm seeing ppl with the sleeve or lapband losing more. I thought the weight comes off quicker with the bypass? Oh well, just so long as it comes off. I definitely feel so much better! How about you guys?[/QUOT

Hi w8loser. I had sleeve surgery on 4/8/14 and have lost 37 pounds so far. I know how you feel with the slow weight loss. Are you eating enough Protein and Water? I has a stall for 3 weeks until I increased my Protein and Water. I also started exercising 5 days a week. I hope this helps.

I am now 4 weeks post op and have lost a total of 25 lbs. Remember,you probably will have excess skin but slow weight loss lessens it. My challenges include getting enough Water and Protein. Right now most sweet tasting Protein sources really put me off. Anyway, finally beginning to feel stronger and will restart treadmill today.

Good luck to all of us!

Sacto

Hello all!

I am almost 5 months post op, I'm down as of today 100 pounds!!!!! What you are taking in plays every part of how much you lose, my doctor told me if I am not hungry (which you should not be) then do not eat! Just drink Protein shakes... I live off of pro series muscle milk with 40 grams of protein, and yogurt as well as bananas because I'm low in potassium... I also enjoy eating those laughing cow cheese wedges with these low carb crackers (I have one cracker a day only 3 grams of carbs)... And walk walk walk!!!! There is no reason to be eating anything at this point!

So many great posts.

The one thing I've learned is not to compare yourself to anyone else's progress.

Your starting weight, age, how much you lost before surgery, your body's reaction to the surgery, your exercise routine, intake (Fluid and protein) all come into play with how much and how fast you'll shed weight.

I've heard that lap band revisioners lose slower. I had my band removed two days ago(sore). I "m not as young as most of you here, but I'm having rny in a few months. Since I am at a lower weight going in, I don't think it would bother me to lose a little slower b/c that's better than not losing at all in 4 of the 5 years I've had with the band. I think you're doing great! keep at it.

I'm 5 weeks out and down 22 pounds. I was wondering what was a typical loss when I saw you post. I am happy with my 22. I need to take off at least 100lbs. 20 put me 20% of the way there. Be kind to yourself and patient. The most important thing is that the weight is coming off.

The posts show you how different we all are, even with the same type of surgery or weight loss effort. Just like in dieting, when you have a lot to lose, the weight seems to come off rapidly at first but then your body seems to adjust to what you are doing and the loss slows down. Then you have to kick start it with exercising more, eating less, or whatever.

I am now six weeks out from rny and have lost just over 25 lbs. When I went on my formal presurgery diet I was at about 285. Before that I weighed 295 but was dieting piecemeal when the doctor told me to get serious. I was 225 on the day of surgery.

I am now in Onederland but it now seems things are slowing down. However, I am so happy with what I have already accomplished any additional weight loss (and I expect to lose more) will be the icing on the cake.

Keep up with your efforts. You are doing fine. Take time to look at what you have already accomplished and relish it.

Each one of us will share in your difficulties and your SUCCESSES. Hang in there!

I

Congrats on your success!I'm also two months out post-Bypass and I've lost 35lbs-Whoohoo! Making the decision to take control of my health, and that's what this journey is about for me, was the greatest gift that I've ever given myself, and I'm sure you feel the same way. Let's enjoy the "lighter" side of our lives!