Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone lose more than 50lbs in this age group (over 60) ?

I'm 66, 18 months out and 120 down. 40 to go. Took a vacation from tracking and didn't lose anything for 3 months. Back on SparkPeople.com. Goal to get under 200 pounds by months day.
Dr told me to aim for 60 grams of daily Protein.
Sometimes I use Premier Protein drinks from costco.
Skinless chicken breasts have tons of protein. Greek yogurt too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/30/2014 at 3:17 PM, keepingmysecrets said:

I am 64, will be 65 on May 5th of next year. I have not even had the surgery yet (scheduled on 9/29/14) and I have lost 164 pounds since October 3rd, 2013 using just the bariatric diet. I began on that day at 424 pounds. I have not even had regular exercise during this time, since I have two bad knees and a bad back from two MVA's, years of abuse on those knees, and several recent "accidents" at home which hurt my back. Once of the reasons I want to get under 200 pounds is to have the two knee replacements that have been overdue for years now and keep me in constant pain.

If you stick to the diet, there is no way you will not lose the weight. I am proof of that.

What is the bariatric diet that you used?

On 11/25/2016 at 1:08 PM, proudgrammy said:

@@CowgirlJane

thanx for the shout out!!!

i don't think you visit BP anymore :wacko:

miss you

i turned 58 years OLD 1 month post sleeve

I will be 63 years YOUNG in 6 weeks

i did lose 105 lbs 1 year PO

now, (5 years later) i fluctuate UP between 6-10 lbs :angry:

working on losing a little more, but i'm still good to go

in another month (12/15/16)

i will Celebrate my 5th year surgiversary

kathy

May I ask how you did it? I'm 8 months post o.o and stalled at 50 for about 5 weeks. What was your diet and exercise routine? Thanks

3 hours ago, lightnfit said:

I'm now 62. Had my sleeve surgery 9/21/16. Starting weight 240, now 172. Goal weight 160. I'm the happiest I've been in years.

Sent from my SM-T550 using BariatricPal mobile app

You're journey sounds similar to mine. I'm 61, had surgery 9/23/16 but I'm currently 191. You've lost about 19 pounds more than me. I've hit a stall. Any tips? What does your typical diet and exercise routine look like? I'm thinking I need to increase Protein and Water. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Mom2tess - I record calories on Fitness Pal. Try to stay 1000 to 1200 calories. I eat low carb. Some days a total bomb with calories, if something special going on. I wear a Fitbit - try to get those 10,000 steps in. I do Zumba usually 4 days a week. Fun exercise, if u like to dance. I have had several stalls. If I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, I do not worry about it. Weight loss very slow now. Weigh about 2 times a week. I still have a large appetite. Bummer! Favorite Snacks Greek yogurt (Fit and Light - 80 calories, plus 1 tablespoon slivered almonds ), deviled eggs made with Hellmans light mayo, dijon mustard, no sugar added sweet relish, salt and pepper - very filling, and dry roasted almonds. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, lightnfit said:

Hi Mom2tess - I record calories on Fitness Pal. Try to stay 1000 to 1200 calories. I eat low carb. Some days a total bomb with calories, if something special going on. I wear a Fitbit - try to get those 10,000 steps in. I do Zumba usually 4 days a week. Fun exercise, if u like to dance. I have had several stalls. If I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, I do not worry about it. Weight loss very slow now. Weigh about 2 times a week. I still have a large appetite. Bummer! Favorite Snacks Greek yogurt (Fit and Light - 80 calories, plus 1 tablespoon slivered almonds ), deviled eggs made with Hellmans light mayo, dijon mustard, no sugar added sweet relish, salt and pepper - very filling, and dry roasted almonds. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. I'm going to try the deviled eggs for sure. I think I also need to stop weighing myself every single day. It's just that I've been stuck at the same weight for about 5 weeks. I think I need to increase my Protein intake too. Do you eat the 60 g of protein a day? do you drink a lot of Water? I don't.

On 11/25/2016 at 1:08 PM, proudgrammy said:

@@CowgirlJane

thanx for the shout out!!!

i don't think you visit BP anymore :wacko:

miss you

i turned 58 years OLD 1 month post sleeve

I will be 63 years YOUNG in 6 weeks

i did lose 105 lbs 1 year PO

now, (5 years later) i fluctuate UP between 6-10 lbs :angry:

working on losing a little more, but i'm still good to go

in another month (12/15/16)

i will Celebrate my 5th year surgiversary

kathy

May I ask how you did it? I'm 8 months post o.o and stalled at 50 for about 5 weeks. What was your diet and exercise routine? Thanks

Mom2tess - I don't drink all the Water that I'm supposed to. I get busy and forget. I also don't like plain water, so drink Crystal Light and other no cal non-carbonated drinks. I like the no calorie Arnold Palmers too. I do always get the Protein in. I like tuna salad (I use canned tuna) and since I live on the east coast and shrimp is plentiful and fairly inexpensive, I eat a good bit of shrimp. As said before, I like eggs, and I like lowfat cottage cheese. Almost never eat beef. I drink wine, but always measure it. It is my weekness! Total deprivation does not work for me. I've learned the hard way.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:50 AM, mom2tess said:

8 months post op - stalled at 50 for about 5 weeks.

@mom2tess

simple answer from me

i followed all the rules!! (most of the time)

i'm not perfect, then again:lol:

anything else, i would have been shot!!

very, very, very important to stay

hydrated - at least 64 oz

protein galore - i did around 90 gr

as far as going to the gym....

i didn't!!! i walked a lot daily, but

that was basically it

do as i say, not as i do!!

stall are terrible

good luck - don't get discouraged

easier said than done

"God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It"

kathy

I have not yet had the surgery. I will be hovering around here in this support group but I have nothing to offer for the time being unless you want an excellent source of buffalo meat.

I am 61 years old. I had the sleeve surgery almost one year ago. I have lost 100 pounds and doing extremely well and lots of energy. I had a few problems after surgery bee stings etc. allergic to an arthritis med but mostly smooth sailing! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Hubby and I go dancing and having a great time. Weight has kind of leveled off right now which I am ok with. I would like to lose another 15 pounds in the future but not worrying about it! Loving life more than ever!!! Good luck to all!

I am 61 years old. I had the sleeve surgery almost one year ago. I have lost 100 pounds and doing extremely well and lots of energy. I had a few problems after surgery bee stings etc. allergic to an arthritis med but mostly smooth sailing! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Hubby and I go dancing and having a great time. Weight has kind of leveled off right now which I am ok with. I would like to lose another 15 pounds in the future but not worrying about it! Loving life more than ever!!! Good luck to all!

Hi everyone. I just turned 67 last week and have been sleeved 6 months. I have lost 60 pounds and still have 40 to go. I have slowed down a lot but if I'm being honest I know that I'm not always doing the right things. I'm not able to exercise like a younger person due to both knees replaced, 3 major back surgeries with hardware and fusions and arthritis in general. I feel so much better already but I know when I see my Dr next month she will be disappointed that I haven't lost more. I've read some of the tips and I am going to make every effort to get back on track. Thanks for letting me vent and good luck to all!

Sent from my TM101A620M using BariatricPal mobile app