Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of veggies were they? Some veggies make people gassy, maybe that's it.

My nut said to keep the pureed meals simple for the first week or so. She said as in a case like yours, you can't tell what the offending food was. Could be chicken, could be one of the veggies...which veggie?

She also said if you don't tolerate it well, don't eat it again right away but reintroduce it in a week. Your body will probably handle it differently.

I know my body and sleeve seem to be changing daily as to how much I can drink, which pureed sits heavy vs light, how many ounces I can eat, etc.

Mistake!!!!!!

Yesterday i boiled veggies and blended them with a skinless chicken leg, strained the mix and added chicken broth.< br />Had about 15 oz throughout the day....

Ive been insanely bloated since yesterday to the point that i cannot even sip Water, its almost painful to do.. Don't want to force my self because i know overeating can cause leaks!!!!

I am 7 days post op now and don't know what caused all this... Maybe its the chicken?

Any suggestions?

June 10th sleever here and I am getting some major hunger pains---on thick Soups now but I get bubbly inside and then gassy, anyone else experiencing this? :huh:

What does your nut say about this?

Are Protein Shakes going down for you okay? You can pack a lot of nutrients and Protein into one 8oz glass.

Have you tried different pureed foods that are easy on the stomach such as cottage cheese, sf pudding, or cream based Soups? You can sprinkle Protein Powder in any of those.

Everyone heals differently and you are still really early out. Some doctor's still have their patients on clear liquid at 15 days. Getting your hydration in at this point is the most critical, the nutrients come a close second.

I'm new to bariatric pal and this is my first post. I was sleeved on June 2nd. 15 days post op and I'm down 30 pounds already but I am worried that I'm not getting any nutrients in. I have only been able to tolerate some liquid, Jello, popsicles, and applesaue. Any advice?

Hi, June 11th here.

June 10th sleever here and I am getting some major hunger pains---on thick Soups now but I get bubbly inside and then gassy, anyone else experiencing this? :huh:

I just started on pureed food had some cream of celery Soup. 3 oz it went down ok but had to go to the bathroom right away. Not going to try that again anytime soon. May try some unsweetened applesauce and a prtien shake tomorrow.

Yea, I am.

But I don't think it's hunger pains. At first I though that it was hunger, but then I realized it's just the fact that my poor stomach has been cut down to a sliver of it's original size and it acts weird when food/liquid is added.

I started to 'perceive' it differently. When I take a spoonful of Soup I can feel it hit my stomach opening, enter the sleeve, and all the bubbling and gurgling starts. Whatever air was in the tiny sleeve gets displaced which causes me to stretch my torso out which helps the air escape as a burb......at least that's what it all feels like to me.

I think we've been so programed to "feel" hunger that it is what we automatically associate any tummy sensation with. Logically I know I am not hungry. I have really started to see how 'head hunger" can be perceived as a true hunger.

These first few weeks are the perfect time for us to hit that RESET button on our brains in regards to food. I am leveraging this short honeymoon peroiod as much as possible to retrain myself and my perceptions.

Sleeved June 9th. I haven't lost any weight yet :(

what does your diet consist of?

Sleeved June 9th. I haven't lost any weight yet :(

I am loosing slowly as we'll. my surgery weight was 239. I was sleeved on 6/3. I now weigh 232. I seem to loos a lb every 3-4,days. I plan to start working out soon to see if that will speed things up.

What kind of veggies were they? Some veggies make people gassy, maybe that's it.

My nut said to keep the pureed meals simple for the first week or so. She said as in a case like yours, you can't tell what the offending food was. Could be chicken, could be one of the veggies...which veggie?

She also said if you don't tolerate it well, don't eat it again right away but reintroduce it in a week. Your body will probably handle it differently.

I know my body and sleeve seem to be changing daily as to how much I can drink, which pureed sits heavy vs light, how many ounces I can eat, etc.

Mistake!!!!!!

Yesterday i boiled veggies and blended them with a skinless chicken leg, strained the mix and added chicken broth.

Had about 15 oz throughout the day....

Ive been insanely bloated since yesterday to the point that i cannot even sip Water, its almost painful to do.. Don't want to force my self because i know overeating can cause leaks!!!!

I am 7 days post op now and don't know what caused all this... Maybe its the chicken?

Any suggestions?

Carrots, potatoes, asparagus, celery, Beans, zucchini and an onion.... My NUT said it might be the beans!!!! It hurts even to sip Water, and its just killing me!!!!!

Sleeved on July 11th, and dying from craving!!!!!

I even had a little ketchup!!!! I know this is not right but what shall i do????????????????

I even had a little ketchup!!!! I know this is not right but what shall i do????????????????

I was June 11th too ( you did mean June?) I too have had some head hunger, I can smell my families food (my husband and my kids are all range from extremely fit to just plain fit), and watching tv with food / restaurant commercials and show scenes where people are eating, it has been pure torture at times! But when I get to the point of do I really want eat that? I am so scared of what the food will do to my tummy that I just grab something from my list. Right now I am on full liquids ( will be until Day 14). I find that three things work, a sugar free popsicle - cause it feels solid and takes "work" to consume ( stop laughing boys!), Greek yogurt (it is dense and even more so if you mix in Protein powder), or a savory Soup because it feels like dinner because it is not a sweet drink. It distracts me and I feel full on these things, it helps me make it through the day. In my instructions I am not limited on quantities just types of food and atleast two Protein shakes a day.

Also, I track my food on myfitnesspal.com and I am surprised to see that I am between 600-800 calories, that helps to know that I have eaten according to plan, even after an added yogurt or soup that I am still at 800 calories.

Going for walks when it gets bad, calling/texting a friend/supporter, and, of course, reading bariatricpal help me too!

Step away from the ketchup, talk to your Dr about moving to the next phase early if needed! I think if you put your mind to it you got this!

Edited by SnohoGal98296

I was June 11th too ( you did mean June?) I too have had some head hunger, I can smell my families food (my husband and my kids are all range from extremely fit to just plain fit), and watching tv with food / restaurant commercials and show scenes where people are eating, it has been pure torture at times! But when I get to the point of do I really want eat that? I am so scared of what the food will do to my tummy that I just grab something from my list. Right now I am on full liquids ( will be until Day 14). I find that three things work, a sugar free popsicle - cause it feels solid and takes "work" to consume ( stop laughing boys!), Greek yogurt (it is dense and even more so if you mix in Protein powder), or a savory Soup because it feels like dinner because it is not a sweet drink. It distracts me and I feel full on these things, it helps me make it through the day. In my instructions I am not limited on quantities just types of food and atleast two Protein shakes a day.

Also, I track my food on myfitnesspal.com and I am surprised to see that I am between 600-800 calories, that helps to know that I have eaten according to plan, even after an added yogurt or soup that I am still at 800 calories.

Going for walks when it gets bad, calling/texting a friend/supporter, and, of course, reading bariatricpal help me too!

Step away from the ketchup, talk to your Dr about moving to the next phase early if needed! I think if you put your mind to it you got this!

Yup, i meant June.... Thank you very much SnohoGal98296, that is really supporting to know that in not alone, i will start getting my self busy...

June 2nd - Going to my 1st post op appt today... NERVOUS. I see how much today. I fell like I lost more from the 4 days of Pops and Jello then surgery. I may never eat a pop or Jello again. BLAH!

Aygad - that is fantastic... I can't get that many calories! It REALLY messed up my progress for a while... and, TMI my colon! I'm trying to get in 2 shakes. myfitnesspal.com has given me so much info.

Edited by LovetoDive

LovetoDive.... Dont force your self, i had this only once, and it killed me, its been 2 days that i cant even sip water!!!!!!

Im living on Water and broth, Blah.... I know i lost 12 lbs in 8 days but still.... :(

Tomorrow is the big day 730 I'm s lil nervous ....pray for me

Good luck to you! I was sleeved 6/12 and doing very well. Beginning of a new life. You will do great! :-)