Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Menopause & bypass

One of the most amazing things for me is my menopause hot flashes and night sweats have dramatically decreased since my RNY!! I had a complete hysterectomy including ovaries in October and went in to immediate surgical menopause.. What a horrific experience. I had no idea it would be so hard and because I had cancer and a blood clotting disorder I could take NO hrt no hormones whatsoever not even bio identicals . Needless to say I was suffering miserably.. But since my surgery on May 21 my hot flashes are down from like 100 to 1-2 a day and night sweats which caused me to not sleep more than an hour have lessened so much I actually slept 5 straight hours!!!!! I haven't slept more than 2 since October!! What a blessing I just pray it continues lol anyone else have this happen???

That's great to hear! Good for you. I don't have advice but was just happy for you. :-)

Well it was a fluke. It was the blood thinners I was on.. Wondering now if I can be on them for life lol hot flashes and night sweats are back with a vengeance. ????

Well it was a fluke. It was the blood thinners I was on.. Wondering now if I can be on them for life lol hot flashes and night sweats are back with a vengeance. dde12

Oh noooooo!

I have noticed the same, I had a hysterectomy 2 yrs ago. A few weeks after I had intense hot flashed several times a day one after the other. I was put on premarin lowest dose, did not work, dosage increased 0.9 still did not work . Noticed my rather large stomach started getting jiggly, so I stopped. Even on premarin I slept all summer including the winter with a fan blowing on me, did help my husband as he is cold natured. I sweated under my breasts profusely, I could feel the sweat Rolling down. I am 19 dpo, immediately after surgery, I have not had to sleep with the fan on, sure my husband is happy. To be honest before surgery I could take a shower get out and dry myself and a few minutes later I was drenched with sweat. I think I had one few second hotflash, no sweating anymore. Yippee

One of the most amazing things for me is my menopause hot flashes and night sweats have dramatically decreased since my RNY!! I had a complete hysterectomy including ovaries in October and went in to immediate surgical menopause.. What a horrific experience. I had no idea it would be so hard and because I had cancer and a blood clotting disorder I could take NO hrt no hormones whatsoever not even bio identicals . Needless to say I was suffering miserably.. But since my surgery on May 21 my hot flashes are down from like 100 to 1-2 a day and night sweats which caused me to not sleep more than an hour have lessened so much I actually slept 5 straight hours!!!!! I haven't slept more than 2 since October!! What a blessing I just pray it continues lol anyone else have this happen???