Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting this tightened up!

I am so excited/nervous. I'm going in tomorrow at 0615 for a Tummy Tuck and inner thigh lift. I had the sleeve in February 2013. Lost 115 pounds. I had the sleeve at a MTF and the same surgeon does tummy tucks. I have seen quite a few examples of his work at the WL support group here at FT Carson. I cannot wait to have my stomach look as good as the other ladies in this group! The same MTF has a plastic surgeon. Since I am already in surgery for the tummy tuck(insurance paid) the plastic surgeon will do my thighs during the same session. I am so much more anxious about this than the sleeve. It

Edited by Susan Squires

Good for you! I'd be more nervous too but I think that's only natural . I can only

hope that I can have a Tummy Tuck and upper thigh lift when I'm done. How did you get insurance to pay for the tuck?

Good luck/!

At every post sleeve check up with my surgeon, when asked about skin issues (both the surgeon and his PA always asked) I would describe any and all problems I was having.

So exciting!

Please post after pics! I'd love to see them!

Lucky!!!!!!! I don't have enough to cause problems, but more than enough to make my body look not so great! Good luck! Keep us updated!

wow! just a couple of hours, best wishes!

Happy for you! Good luck!

Good luck to you!!!!!!

I survived. Hopefully will be out of compression pants and able to post pics soon. With the way I'm feeling today, This is my last plastic surgery. Tummy Tuck is a breeze but I'm hating dealing with the aftermath of a thigh lift. Stitches under my buttocks make it impossible to sit on the toilet. It has been an ordeal going to the bathroom since my catheter came out. Just keep reminding myself how miserable I was with all the loose skin and that it will be worth it.

Ouch. The thigh stitches sound really painful. Let's hope they heal quickly.

At every post sleeve check up with my surgeon, when asked about skin issues (both the surgeon and his PA always asked) I would describe any and all problems I was having.

Congrats! I'd love to know any more details you could provide regarding having plastic surgery paid for by insurance! Which insurance company do you have? Did they pay for skin removal/tightening and/or full Tummy Tuck? What issues were you having with your skin, I.e. What would cause them to consider the surgery medically necessary vs cosmetic? Please feel free to PM me! Thank you & hope you're pain free soon!

Congrats! I'd love to know any more details you could provide regarding having plastic surgery paid for by insurance! Which insurance company do you have? Did they pay for skin removal/tightening and/or full Tummy Tuck? What issues were you having with your skin, I.e. What would cause them to consider the surgery medically necessary vs cosmetic? Please feel free to PM me! Thank you & hope you're pain free soon!
I have Tricare (my husband is military) but my procedures were done in a military treatment facility not by a private physician. That means although I was referred to a WLS initially, Tricare didn't pay for the sleeve. The MTF is a military hospital but treats dependants of the soldier. They have an extensive WL treatment plan there. Pre surgery care and post surgery follow up is Extensive, to include that my WL surgeon also has extensive practice in doing tummy tucks (which is what I had). At each follow up appointment for the year after my surgery I was asked generally if I were having skin issues.

Then specifically:Itching

Rashes

Smell

all was documented. My surgeon had the final say so as to whether I needed the tummy tuck. With my documented issues at each appointment, I think starting at 3 month appointment, he was able to approve me for tummy tuck. More importantly, because of the WL support group I attended as part of my pre surgery requirement, I met others on whom he had already performed a tummy tuck and saw his beautiful work ( any where from a weeks to years post op) and felt extremely comfortable trusting him with my tummy tuck)

Edited by Susan Squires