Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeons in the 4,500 dollar range?

My budget it around 4,500. So far I am researching Dr. Quinones (4,500), Dr. Illam (4,600) and Dr. Garcia (4,400) and Dr. Lopez (4,500) I know that we should not only go by price but I feel I can find a solid surgeon in this price range. Anyone else I should know about?

Edited by Travelmego

I have decided to put together a google doc table to help with my research. It will be here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jd4oi1BFANNxuZ28L5w-D79fg2Pm6WWeG7pfQVDfW3U/edit?usp=sharing

Obviously, I just started making it like 3 mins ago. I will start adding data and questions tomorrow when I am more awake. Feel free to put questions you would also like to know in the comments there or here.

I was quoted $6500 from Dr. Oritz with a 39 BMI.

I'm leaning very heavily toward Dr. Quinones at this point. Spoke with Bill (his coordinator) and was very impressed with his sincerity and level of knowledge. I also saw some videos of Dr. Quinones and I liked what I saw.

To add to your chart...florence is an actual hospital. Dr. Illan is chief of ER trauma at another hospital. There is a bed for your companion and he includes all meds post op.

@@Tiff - Do you have a video of Dr. Illan doing surgery? I would like to add it to the collection. I am considering him along with 1 or 2 others but I can't find any video. That deters me. Also, I am adding the florence part to the chart. Thank you.

Edited by Travelmego

Thank you @@Mowgli19 - I will add that when I add more surgeons. Right now I am mostly looking in the 4500 range altho I put Dr. Pompa in there.

@@CandyPants81 @ - Yes, a lot of people have had good experiences with Dr. Q. He is one I am considering.

I have kind of narrowed my choices to Dr. Garcia, Dr. Illan, and Dr. Quionones.

Edited by Travelmego

No I dont have any video links of Dr. Illan. I can only tell you I am so happy with choosing him and his team.

I got Dr. Garcia for $4200 a month ago. It can be done. Like anything else in mexico, negotiating is key!

Now this is like it! I LOVE having a grid ... i made one up years and years ago when i was investigating band drs in Mexico. i think it is still on the yahoo group files. i think i got a thing from dr Ponce for 4,300 or 4,600. i will look for the email. thank you for doing this. i am not quite there yet, but am investigating other methods first. will see how it goes and be sure to follow this thread. thanks again

triss

in utah

I am paying 4200 for dr.almanza on July 25, 2014!

well heck, i just started reading here about dr. Ponce de leon in Mexico, and he is doing sleeves for what, 3,600? i think i need to read a bit more about this, but i remember when i read the email i got from him, that the price was incredibly low.

so, there. i could go next week if that was for real... but wait... i must RESEARCH. heheh.

He was a recommended surgeon through this site and there used to be a special deal with him. However, I believe that ended in June due to issues with the company that booked the surgeries.

well heck, i just started reading here about dr. Ponce de leon in Mexico, and he is doing sleeves for what, 3,600? i think i need to read a bit more about this, but i remember when i read the email i got from him, that the price was incredibly low.

so, there. i could go next week if that was for real... but wait... i must RESEARCH. heheh.

He was a recommended surgeon through this site and there used to be a special deal with him. However, I believe that ended in June due to issues with the company that booked the surgeries.

I wanted ponce de leon, but trudy did nothing but give me the run around. I emailed her back and fourth for a week or more because she was "too busy" to call me. Finally, after she broke her promise to call me to schedule an appointment for the 3rd or 4th time I decided god just didn't want me to get a sleeve with Ponce De Leon. I'm very happy with Dr. Garcia and would do it again given the chance.