Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 24th and nervous!

After many years and months and just gut wrenching days I finally have my surgery date for the gastric bypass its the 24th of June and I am so nervous... I'm not afraid of dying because I where I stand in my faith but I so nervous of screwing everything up. Did anyone else feel this this way?

I think we all feel like that. I'm thinking I will be the only gastric sleeve patient who doesn't lose weight! I am am an RN and my office mate is the Bariatric Co ordinator. No pressure right!

Lol... Yep no pressure.... I am so scared of not loosing and those that wanted me fail will get everything they ever wanted. I'm scared of how I might look, I'm scared of getting attention from men, I'm scared of a lot of stuff that in one way sounds stupid and in another way scares me to death.

Lol... Yep no pressure.... I am so scared of not loosing and those that wanted me fail will get everything they ever wanted. I'm scared of how I might look, I'm scared of getting attention from men, I'm scared of a lot of stuff that in one way sounds stupid and in another way scares me to death.

Let me guess.... Scared of getting attention from men, scared of not getting attention........ Judging by your pic, you are beautiful, and if the weight loss gives you back your confidence.... You will be a knockout! I am lucky enough to have found the love of my life and he could care less what I weigh. Hang in there ... You are doing all the right things and the payoff will be worth the effort.

Tigerlily, do not doubt yourself, everyone is afraid of screwing this up, I am only 2 months out from having my bypass and I still have fears that I am screwing up? You will do great, just follow what your body tells you. Trust me when I say people will tell you that now and you will be like what does that mean, you will truly find that out after surgery!!! You need, NEED to just follow the rules at the beginning, getting sick is no fun, and I will be the first to tell you I tried stuff before I should have, and I paid for it, you will go through an emotional roller coaster with it cause you will feel like you need to eat things but you can't, you will feel like your starving your body, but your not, you will have so much going on, and you just have to stay strong and remember why your doing it. I have had so much happen to me in the first 2 months that I am just so ready for something normal, but it will happen when my body is ready, but on the up side I am down 44lbs in 2 months? I haven't lost 10 lbs in the past 5 years that I could say came off and stayed off? Good luck and you will do great!!!

Tigerlily, do not doubt yourself, everyone is afraid of screwing this up, I am only 2 months out from having my bypass and I still have fears that I am screwing up? You will do great, just follow what your body tells you. Trust me when I say people will tell you that now and you will be like what does that mean, you will truly find that out after surgery!!! You need, NEED to just follow the rules at the beginning, getting sick is no fun, and I will be the first to tell you I tried stuff before I should have, and I paid for it, you will go through an emotional roller coaster with it cause you will feel like you need to eat things but you can't, you will feel like your starving your body, but your not, you will have so much going on, and you just have to stay strong and remember why your doing it. I have had so much happen to me in the first 2 months that I am just so ready for something normal, but it will happen when my body is ready, but on the up side I am down 44lbs in 2 months? I haven't lost 10 lbs in the past 5 years that I could say came off and stayed off? Good luck and you will do great!!!

Right now I only have two weightless goals the rest are going to be fitness goals but my first is at three months out I'd like to be 50 pounds less or more and then at 7 months I would like to be down a hundred pounds or more. Do you think those are crazy goals? Thanks sweetie!

The first goal seems reachable (at 3 mos I am at 41) the second 100 pounds might be far reaching but you never know. Guess what? We are all different and lose at different rates. Men lose so so fast!

We all had/have those fears-they are perfectly normal. We know what it is to be how we are not how we will be. I don't think thin, but I am going to try to learn to. Speaking of perfect expect that you won't be. Nope. You will screw up. What matters is what you do next-do you get back on that horse or not? Know that you will try your best as we all do but you will fail at times and that is ok. You just have to have the right goals and reach for them. Your fear of failure will be a good friend to keep you on track. We are all human and we try. Good luck to you and know we are all here for you!

Right now I only have two weightless goals the rest are going to be fitness goals but my first is at three months out I'd like to be 50 pounds less or more and then at 7 months I would like to be down a hundred pounds or more. Do you think those are crazy goals? Thanks sweetie!

I had my RNY on 6/25/13. I was 291 pounds on surgery day. I reached Onederland for Christmas, so I can tell you it can be done! Go for it!!

Carol